Poll: Which option do you WANT? (Choose both or nothing, if you don't care)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Given that Mag'har have the option to have every single customization option that playable Draenor Orcs could have, there's really no good reason to vote for Draenor Orcs. Unlike Draenor Orcs, the Mag'har actually have characters that can meaningfully interact with the story, without cheapening anything. AU Grom can't do that. AU Durotan can't do that. Jorin Deadeye can.
    Except, he cannot also. Hell, neither can Nazgrel.

I mean, honestly, the only thing I'm a bit more concerned about is how drastic, really, is the Mag'har and the current Orc Horde? Enough that they're culture can be reflected in their themes across the classes they can be? Their racials would be much different or would it be "Everything Orc is but Bloodrage?" These two things are the reasons Blizzard opted to not give Alliance their High Elves, why look the other way to Mud Hut Orcs?

Let's not forget they've been with the Horde for... How long now? And we're just now "recruiting" them? By this point we should just go to the Embassy and say, " Let's roll Mag'har now!" And get the achievement.

In terms of Draenor Orcs, there is enough of a cultural imbalance compared to the older Dark Portal Era Orcs of MU that can warrant Blizzard to consider them. That's probably why so many against AU get so damn pissy cause there is leverage no matter what they can try and dismiss.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2018-02-15 at 01:07 AM.

The Spiky Hellfire (Outlands) Orcs would be kick-ass.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2018-02-15 at 01:06 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So upon finding out Mag'har directly translated to Uncorrupted I'm certain we're getting AU Orcs.

The Gorgrond map made that clear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So upon finding out Mag'har directly translated to Uncorrupted I'm certain we're getting AU Orcs.

you mean the old alpha map that looks nothing like what gorgrond actually looks like?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

That map has no Iron Horde emplacements, it's probably going to be either a Bronze Dragon dungeon like Black Morass, or some sort of flashback zone, either way No Iron Horde= NOT AU = MU/Outland

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Combine this with heavy evidence that Saurfang will be defecting to the Alliance and this expansion is certainly shaping up to be awesome.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Outland Orcs are already in the Horde. That's kinda why Garrosh was in The Horde. Also, Thrall's wife and even then I can't imagine they were that great in numbers as they are from a broken land with corruption everywhere so I can't see them being what we get. The Draenor Orcs make the most sense because they are still pretty great in numbers.

If horde got AU Draenor orcs and Durotan/Grom would the alliance even stand a chance? Imagine Grom and Saurfang charging into battle together.Also Why the fuck would they join us. The Legion is dead and they wouldnt be fighting for their homeworld.

Don't care, but I'll be frank here... the Draenor orcs are more interesting to me than the outland orcs. I'd go for the orcs with badass technology over the orcs that were basically the leftovers no one cared about.

Deleted
    Fuck the Orcs. Give us some of that sweet Iron Horde tech (which they should've used against the legion tbh).

I'm not fussed which one's we get, my preference is for Outland but if Blizzard want to give something to make the horde stronger, the Draenor orcs are likely far more numerous than the Outland are and they come with much greater technology which could help even the odds a bit. As much as I like Grom and Durotan I feel they should stay out of any recruitment scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Combine this with heavy evidence that Saurfang will be defecting to the Alliance and this expansion is certainly shaping up to be awesome.
    You have no evidence, headcannon is not fact. You've got this in your head from one of two things. What he said in Stormwind which was to help the horde squad escape and his argument with Sylvanas, neither of those form a solid basis for him betraying Thrall/Baine/The horde.

Please for the love of all that is holy don't bring Grom back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just stick with Mag'har, they are the better known.
    I doubt most people know Mag'har over Draenor Orcs, since they have been out of the picture since BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Can we just stop with this absolute garbage nonsense that "there's more customization for Draenor Orcs!!!" It's wrong, and it's stupid. It shows, at best, a superficial understanding of the situation.

Is there more apparent differentiation between Draenor Orcs than there is for Mag'har? Yes, obviously. Are the Mag'har in any way barred from these customization options? No, actually.

If you look at the customization options that Draenor Orcs have, it's the following:
    -War Paint (Bleeding Hollow)
    -Tattoos (Warsong)
    -Regular Brown (Frostwolves et al)
    -Gray Skin (Blackrock)
    -Pale Skin, Stumps and Poison Vials (Shattered Hand)
    I mean, that's really the overwhelming majority of customization options for Draenor Orcs.

Now, while the Mag'har might have been showcased as being entirely Brown, there's a very significant case for that to be set aside (After all, Nightborne prior to BfA prepurchase had far less variation as well). The Mag'har have, at the very least, Frostwolf, Warsong, Blackrock and Bleeding Hollow Orcs. They could very well have every single customization option available to Draenor Orcs. The only thing that the Mag'har aren't explicitly shown as having are Shattered Hand Orcs, which we're obviously not going to get anyway.

The Pale Skin might be nice, but it would come alone with the baggage of a severed hand, which is obviously a no-go.

Given that Mag'har have the option to have every single customization option that playable Draenor Orcs could have, there's really no good reason to vote for Draenor Orcs. Unlike Draenor Orcs, the Mag'har actually have characters that can meaningfully interact with the story, without cheapening anything. AU Grom can't do that. AU Durotan can't do that. Jorin Deadeye can.
    I don't think the outland orcs have all of those customizations, since we spend a lot of time in Garadar and only brown orcs are seeing, from different clans, still the same brown, not even shades of brown, and they have the same racial as normal orcs, they would need to retcon all this

While with Draenor orcs we know they have a least bloodfury equal and they can invent other shit because other universe shenanigans, and all other colors

Besides, i don't think h wow tam now know much shit about outland, their ugly Baby is Draneor and thy will try to take something good from that, if would be good to See Jorin and even Fenris coming back, but honestly? blizz dont give a shit about then, Nazgrel still there, they only bring up Rexxar o be hunter follower, and honetly the mob will prefer grom anyway

Still think is all bullshit and should be options for normal orcs, but whatever
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-16 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Grommash alone pisses on what's left of those Outland Tribal Mag'har pack of rats! LOK-TAR OGAR! WoD Orcs all the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I doubt most people know Mag'har over Draenor Orcs, since they have been out of the picture since BC.
    Maybe but would still be so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

In a time where allied races are consistently branded as lazy, a cop out, just a re-texture, recycle of existing assets, asspull lore, "seemingly endless numbers" and whatever other criticisms we've seen.

We present you; Brown Orcs.

Mic drop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    It's funny how we're all more willing to accept plain, no-story brown Orcs of Outland than remember AU Orcs in any fashion.

All the while we can have a decent story of Fel Orcs, with drastic enough customization and a culture far more brutal and interesting than "Mud Hut Culture." Hell, even make Hellfire Peninsula a Warfront. Make Outland worth something in BfA. And with Legion being currently defeated, it can present a decent story of some kind (especially since we've done and forgotten it as hard as AU Draenor). Mag'har have been "redeemed" and all we have to do is walk in and hand them an axe. STORY!

But no, just accept Bland N' Brown cause it'll been easier to dodge AU anything.
    It's not like the Mag'har have to be bland though. There's a ton of story potential for them. We've already seen that they contain Warsong, Blackrock, Frostwolf and Bleeding Hollow orcs united under one banner. They could make a story about them gathering the leftovers from Outland, moving onto a new home on Azeroth and rediscovering or reestablishing their heritage. Maybe they don't like how homogenous the orcs have become under Thrall and want to represent their old factions with renewed pride but a true sense of unity. The only reason they were bland and boring is because BC writing was a dumpster fire.

Meanwhile you have AU Orcs with their asspull goblin technology and all your favorite warchiefs who died actually doing something in the actual world, but now you can have them all back because fuck the lore Grom is cool right? The AU was an awful idea, and while they did portray a lot of the clans in a really cool manner, there's no reason they can't just do that for the Mag'har as well. For every one thing the AU did well with the Orc clans, it also did something really fucking stupid, like everything with Ner'zhul. I'd rather build on the lore that actually matters instead of some random pocket dimension where nothing but Gul'dan existing really mattered.

I kinda wanna see Kargath-like Orcs without the hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    It's not like the Mag'har have to be bland though. There's a ton of story potential for them. We've already seen that they contain Warsong, Blackrock, Frostwolf and Bleeding Hollow orcs united under one banner. They could make a story about them gathering the leftovers from Outland, moving onto a new home on Azeroth and rediscovering or reestablishing their heritage. Maybe they don't like how homogenous the orcs have become under Thrall and want to represent their old factions with renewed pride but a true sense of unity. The only reason they were bland and boring is because BC writing was a dumpster fire.

Meanwhile you have AU Orcs with their asspull goblin technology and all your favorite warchiefs who died actually doing something in the actual world, but now you can have them all back because fuck the lore Grom is cool right? The AU was an awful idea, and while they did portray a lot of the clans in a really cool manner, there's no reason they can't just do that for the Mag'har as well. For every one thing the AU did well with the Orc clans, it also did something really fucking stupid, like everything with Ner'zhul. I'd rather build on the lore that actually matters instead of some random pocket dimension where nothing but Gul'dan existing really mattered.
    It's not like I am championing AU Orcs much, either. Though honestly it'll probably be easier for them to write something (and for them to salvage that horrid ending WoD had, it'll be maximum cringe at the best scenario). Plus, some reason, people genuinely feel like AU Grom is still a relevant badass.

It's pretty much asspull either way. "YEARS of Mag'har on the side of of the Horde? Better somehow recruit them again! Oh! And suddenly we know of the other clans now existing in Outland! Shove them in our banner champion!" Almost like pretending the asspull from AU wasn't a thing to justify and equally big asspull.

Only reason I mention anything "new" Orc with Fel Orcs is because Legion is now gone, this should open up the idea that what remains of the Fel Orcs are either rampaging and aimless, and some may be coming off the blood high. Hell, you can be on a kidnapping mission and running Apothecary tests on them til one comes to. Or go the whole Void Elf way and make some leader of the sobering Fel Orcs, and assist Nazgrel with tracking them down. He hasn't done garbage since TBC, and just standing around in Thrallmar for 10 years is probably heinous on his knees. They could even make Hellfire Peninsula a warfront to make it that much more urgent between the two factions, make Outland feel desirable again.