10+ Year Old Account
    Saw BP early Friday morning, loved it. Haven't found a MCU villian I enjoyed as much as I did Killmonger since Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Bahahahahhahaha i haven't seen the movie, but tell me you are joking... because LOL!

Also: "I liked the part especially when Suri says "it's not magic, it's advanced technology!" Reminds of that line Thor says to Jane:

“Your Ancestors Called it Magic, but You Call it Science. I Come From a Land Where They Are One and the Same." Suri Argardian tier confirmed?
    I feel they made Killmonger purposely ridiculously gangster black as some kind of hidden morale to the story that Africans have a rich history and are intelligent in their own right, hence why Killmonger obviously loses in the end (he's the villain in a marvel movie, so I doubt that's a spoiler).

But yeah, he speaks Ebonics and goes on and on throughout the entire movie about "his brothas" and how Mr. bad guy whitey oppresses his brothas, which is why he wants Wakandans to end their isolation and make black people the superior race or something. Not even generalizing here, Disney made a black hitler the main villain.

It didn't feel SJW-ey at least, because the all-black cast tells him he's full of shit basically. But Killmonger was so reverse Neo-Nazi it was amazing Disney allowed him to exist.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-02-17 at 10:24 PM.

Honestly surprised Killmonger didnt drop the n-bomb, but not in a thug way but it politize a point.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Saw BP early Friday morning, loved it. Haven't found a MCU villian I enjoyed as much as I did Killmonger since Ego.
    Ah yes, a return to the glory days of 2017 when they had great villains like Ego.

Kidding aside, Ego, Vulture, Hela and Killmonger have in my opinion all been a marked improvement over previous villains. Obviously helps that all have been played by fantastic actors that bring the charisma, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Really glad Cap and Bucky aka white people save the day didnt show up. Also glad there was no Tony would love to get his hands on this tech throwaway line,

- - - Updated - - -

also Precious got swole.
    bucky did show up, in the mcu hes apparently taken the place of t'chalas brother as the white wolf

"When his parents died in a plane crash in the African nation of Wakanda, Hunter was adopted by its king, T'Chaka. Because he was a foreigner and White, Hunter was viewed with suspicion and even contempt by the xenophobic Wakandans. Nevertheless, he developed a true love for Wakanda and became one of his adopted home's stauchest patriots.

After the birth of T'Challa, Hunter knew he wouldn't be the one to rise to the throne. Feeling cheated he developed a deep jealousy for his adopted brother. In an attempt to upstage T'Challa, Hunter drove himself to be the best Wakanadan possible. It was this fervor that led to T'Chaka appointing Hunter as leader of the Wakanda's secret police, Hatut Zeraze. Hunter from that point was known as the White Wolf. "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Copy-paste from the last movie you saw thread. Please don't kill me Immitis. I promise I love the MCU with all my heart but Black Panther was... garbage.

Black Panther: 4/10

Weakest entry in the MCU IMO. Had more technobabble "just go with it" nonsense than both Iron Man AND Guardians of the Galaxy. Characters were intensely uninteresting, Suri was the only character with a modicum of personality, and.. whoever... the Dore was that followed them around. Who was she? Uhh.. you got me on that, she looks exactly like all the others. Was she the one killed at the end? Was she the ex-girlfriend? Couldn't tell.

Erik's entire motive was hard to grasp. I... think... his motive was to overthrow the Wakanda monarchy and use Wakandan tech to make black people in America the new top dogs? Idk, he kept making allusions to the slave trade and his "oppressed brothers" but never flat out stated he was racist towards white guys, Disney not greenlighting controversial topics maybe?

Chadwick Boseman isn't present for 1/3rd of the movie, and is black panther for maybe 1/4th of that 2/3rd he's in it?

And the technobabble was absurd. Seriously, it was worse technobabble than Iron Man and Guardians. So they have this super metal that can basically do whatever they want. It can heal paralysis, create force fields, cloaking devices, can be refined into fertilizer to make a heart fruit send people into the afterlife. Can deflect bullets and absorb kinetic energy (which okay we already knew it could do that). Then it just gets.. ridiculous. Suri makes Iron Man and Rocket Raccoon look like morons because this metal, it's just SO POWERFUL BRUH.
    I liked the part especially when Suri says "it's not magic, it's advanced technology!" As if to break the fourth wall and tell people raising their eyebrows in the theater to just go with it.

Just having their tech consist of Vibranium-enhanced things would have been enough to show Wakanda is super advanced. C'mooon, all that nonsensical magical "tech" completely removed any sense of danger from the movie with Suri's go-go gadget Vibranium wonderall.

So the entire movie just felt like mumbling to me. *mumble mumble* Wakanda tradition *mumble mumble* hard to pronounce made-up words *mumble mumble* my dad did bad things *mumble mumble* time-space flux vibranium capacitator *mumble mumble*

All around just didn't really like this one, and I'm a guy who binges the MCU at least once every few months or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Killmonger's character was like intense pandering to the hip-hop, gangster life African-American culture. Surprised he didn't shoot his guns sideways. He even spoke Ebonics for goodness sake.
    i dont know what you mean by ebonics. he spoke fairly normal for an american. his motives were pretty simple, rule the world. become king of wakanda and then use wakanda and its resources to conquer every other country using wakandas hidden war dog spies armed with vibranium

also, i wouldnt say that vibranium is definitely responsible for the flowers, i assumed the flowers were just magic. as for vibranium being able to do all that stuff, it does that in the comics as well.

i would rather they handwave things and we get the flying cars and other hallmarks of wakanda than get an early mcu days, stripped down, unspiritual version of wakanda and black panther.

- - - Updated - - -

"During a recent interview with ABC to promote the film, Kevin Feige discussed how great the movie was:

“The movie finished, and I looked over at Ryan, I said, ‘that’s the best movie we’ve ever made.'”"

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    bucky did show up, in the mcu hes apparently taken the place of t'chalas brother as the white wolf
    meant in the movie proper, like they help at the end battle. thats post credits
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

"When his parents died in a plane crash in the African nation of Wakanda, Hunter was adopted by its king, T'Chaka. Because he was a foreigner and White, Hunter was viewed with suspicion and even contempt by the xenophobic Wakandans. Nevertheless, he developed a true love for Wakanda and became one of his adopted home's stauchest patriots.

After the birth of T'Challa, Hunter knew he wouldn't be the one to rise to the throne. Feeling cheated he developed a deep jealousy for his adopted brother. In an attempt to upstage T'Challa, Hunter drove himself to be the best Wakanadan possible. It was this fervor that led to T'Chaka appointing Hunter as leader of the Wakanda's secret police, Hatut Zeraze. Hunter from that point was known as the White Wolf. "

- - - Updated - - -

i dont know what you mean by ebonics. he spoke fairly normal for an american. his motives were pretty simple, rule the world. become king of wakanda and then use wakanda and its resources to conquer every other country using wakandas hidden war dog spies armed with vibranium

also, i wouldnt say that vibranium is definitely responsible for the flowers, i assumed the flowers were just magic. as for vibranium being able to do all that stuff, it does that in the comics as well.

i would rather they handwave things and we get the flying cars and other hallmarks of wakanda than get an early mcu days, stripped down, unspiritual version of wakanda and black panther.
    Its explained in the beginning intro that the flowers are a by-product of Vibranium, along with those elephant-sized rhinos.

So my new MCU theory is that the meteorite that crashed into Wakanda wasn't full of Vibranium, it was just your average generic metal ore.

However, lodged within the meteorite was the soul stone. Vibranium itself is a product of interaction with the soul stone.

This would explain A LOT of glaring WTF bullshittery "technology" in Black Panther, such as the heart-shaped leaf allowing people visions of the afterlife, and enhancing Black Panther's physical capabilities with the blessing of Bast.

and c'mon, Vibranium the world's strongest metal capable of absorbing kinetic energy can also create force fields, cure paralysis as a tiny little bead, manipulate gravity, cloaking devices, hologram-powered remote pilot jets the same sort of the tech used in Guardians vol. 2, can use said absorbed kinetic energy and unleash it as a concussive blast, AND can fit inside a goddamn necklace when Tony Stark could only fit a glove of his suit inside a a wrist watch? I think the soul stone is a better Marvel-acceptable way of defying the laws of physics.

Spoilers: In Infinity War, the city Thanos invades is Wakanda. Why? Why Wakanda? Because he can sniff out that the Soul Stone is powering the entire city. I think he's going to fly down into their giant mine, pluck the soul stone out of the dirt, and the entire city of Wakanda is going to power down like he just took out the battery. Everyone realizes Vibranium is a product of the soul stone.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-02-18 at 02:21 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"During a recent interview with ABC to promote the film, Kevin Feige discussed how great the movie was:

“The movie finished, and I looked over at Ryan, I said, ‘that’s the best movie we’ve ever made.'”"

How do you make a movie from a black perspective, if everyone in the movie is black? I mean this isn't Do the Right Thing.

Its explained in the beginning intro that the flowers are a by-product of Vibranium, along with those elephant-sized rhinos.

So my new MCU theory is that the meteorite that crashed into Wakanda wasn't full of Vibranium, it was just your average generic metal ore.

However, lodged within the meteorite was the soul stone. Vibranium itself is a product of interaction with the soul stone.

This would explain A LOT of glaring WTF bullshittery "technology" in Black Panther, such as the heart-shaped leaf allowing people visions of the afterlife, and enhancing Black Panther's physical capabilities with the blessing of Bast.

and c'mon, Vibranium the world's strongest metal capable of absorbing kinetic energy can also create force fields, cure paralysis as a tiny little bead, manipulate gravity, cloaking devices, hologram-powered remote pilot jets the same sort of the tech used in Guardians vol. 2, can use said absorbed kinetic energy and unleash it as a concussive blast, AND can fit inside a goddamn necklace when Tony Stark could only fit a glove of his suit inside a a wrist watch? I think the soul stone is a better Marvel-acceptable way of defying the laws of physics.

Spoilers: In Infinity War, the city Thanos invades is Wakanda. Why? Why Wakanda? Because he can sniff out that the Soul Stone is powering the entire city. I think he's going to fly down into their giant mine, pluck the soul stone out of the dirt, and the entire city of Wakanda is going to power down like he just took out the battery. Everyone realizes Vibranium is a product of the soul stone.
    alot of people are thinking that.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The soul stone/gem makes perfect sense. Vibranium seemed pretty OP, but the tech was by far the best part of an otherwise average and mostly boring film, so I was okay with it. Hoping we'll see more of that part of the Black Panther during Infinity War, at least until Thanos presumably powers it down.

'Black Panther' stars on the power of telling a story from a black perspective"

ooooookay? The fuck does that even mean.

Deleted
    The soul stone being in the Vibranium is also a reason for Thanos to actually to go to Wakanda in Infinity, because otherwise why would he even bother going there? It's not like he needs the super powered metal for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just pandering to the media, they're saying what Disney is telling them to say.

so Shuri is basically smarter than Tony?

I honestly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    so Shuri is basically smarter than Tony?

I honestly doubt that.
    Its not that shes smarter shes just starting from a better knowledge base. It would be like comparing an average physicist today to Einstein.

- - - Updated - - -

It's meaningless. Just ignore all the critics SJWism and enjoy the movie imo. I really enjoyed it. I think I would put it just under civil war.

Your completely wrong in your assumption. Theres a few reasons Thanos forces could attack Wakanda. The main one being theirs an infinity stone there. But how could you prepare for an attack if you dont know your going to be attacked. So it doesnt make sense for it to be the soul stone which they wouldnt know that they have. It does make sense for it to be the mind stone. And you can see this in the trailer.

In the trailer Vision and Wanda are attacked in some city at night. Its very clear that his stone is about to be forcibly removed. However it is my assumption that on that very night Captain America, Falcon and Black Widow make the save. Thanos's Forces retreat and call for backup. Cap decides that the best place to defend against an invasion is Wakanda and brings Vision and Scarlet witch there. They are then joined by the Hulk, War Machine, and the Winter Solider.

So when Thanos's Black Order comes back with a big army that army then fights earths remaining avengers in order to get the mind stone and bring it back to thanos, who is currently in space most likely Xandar, fighting the likes of Iron Man, Dr strange, Spiderman, Star Lord, Drax, Mantis.

I think by the end of this film Thanos will have 3 of the stones in his direct possession. Space, Power, Reality. And one in indirect posession. Mind. I think the Black Order will succeed in Damaging Wakanda enough to get to Vision and take his stone.

This might cause Dr. Strange to use the time stone to throw off the timeline in the attempt to stop thanos and thats where things get really weird for Avengers 4.

hm 2 weeks until Captain Marvel starts shooting.

I expect some info soon.

Exactly what it says? It's a story that's wholly from a black perspective. Black director, black stars, black vision. It's the first time black people were given this level of freedom on a movie of this level, and wakanda is pretty much the only time Africans have ever been portrayed in such a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Black Panther actually did a pretty good job towing the line between right and left with a good ending message.

The traditionalist, isolationist, turning a blind eye to the suffering of the world, etc., ways of Wakanda's past (ie: fringe right) are shown to be wrong. Conversely Killmonger's revolutionary (so to speak), punish the (former) oppressors, righting past wrongs through retribution, etc., (ie: fringe left) are also shown to be wrong.

And in the end, Wakanda decides to help... But it doesn't do so by opening its borders to the world, it does so by helping those who need help in their own communities. Since the only long term solution is for those places get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus if they want, since they Made killmonger straight up a black panther he can always come back through black panther powers at some point.