Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Why would they lower it, it's 100% cosmetic, and 0% RNG.

It's also 110 not 120, and I assume if they add more Allied races later in BfA, that stays at 110.

I just hope for each Allied race they add, we get new character slots on the realms.
    I also hope the character limit is changed from 50. I actually had to delete some characters.

Nah. Not after people went and completed one (or several in some cases) Allied Race sets already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    I sense another Canadian in the forums!
    Nope, Australian!

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    They want said reward but it requires a unfun activity to them.
    That sucks.

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    If a reward needs to be wagged to do an activity that normally means there is a problem with the activity. In my case leveling my high mountain Tauren I never made a druid to max level so I am leveling to get my druid up. If majority of people would rather spend money than to play the game to get the same results means there is something wrong in the system. In my case 20 to 60 was lots of fun. But BC and wrath was very boring and had horrible pacing. People don't want to level because it's not fun. They want said reward but it requires a unfun activity to them.
    There is nothing wrong with leveling a character in MMO. People want to cut corner where they can? That's some exciting news there.

As I said 2K18, leveling a character in MMO seems to be a bad taste or something.

Also, mileage may vary, you have plenty people who like new leveling and you have people who want vanilla and what not. What you say is your opinion, not some fact. I personally, don't like leveling, but I do like having a prestige reward that is not readily available otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is nothing wrong with leveling a character in MMO. People want to cut corner where they can? That's some exciting news there.

As I said 2K18, leveling a character in MMO seems to be a bad taste or something.

Also, mileage may vary, you have plenty people who like new leveling and you have people who want vanilla and what not. What you say is your opinion, not some fact. I personally, don't like leveling, but I do like having a prestige reward that is not readily available otherwise.
    I never said anything I said was fact. I just said many people find leveling annoying. I personally dont mind because current content is done and dead. But any would skip the process. That itself is a problem and should be addressed.

I never said anything I said was fact. I just said many people find leveling annoying. I personally dont mind because current content is done and dead. But any would skip the process. That itself is a problem and should be addressed.
    Its a cosmetic set, its not necessary. If you don't want the reward bad enough, don't whine when you don't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is more a conceptual question whether leveling in MMOs in 2k18 is relevant as a whole or just let everyone start at minimum level in current expansion like that class trial event where you start on airship on the way to the Broken Shore.

I am pretty sure they will eventually do just that or at least some extremely streamlined version which takes you from one to 1 to minimum required level in like 5 hours or so. Question is whether that is really a right choice for MMO, after all they do want to give an opportunity to experience the world even a bit for people and as a guy who leveled 20-110 recently, I think they did a good job overall with leveling experience (minus 60-80 stretch which is weakest part, IMO).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its a cosmetic set, its not necessary. If you don't want the reward bad enough, don't whine when you don't have it.
    If you read any of my previous post I agree with you it's cosmetic and doesn't need to change. I mean... Read it's right there on the previous page.

I am thinking beyond this matter and I think you missed the point.

If you read any of my previous post I agree with you it's cosmetic and doesn't need to change. I mean... Read it's right there on the previous page.

I am thinking beyond this matter and I think you missed the point.
    No, I get what you said. I don't think what you said is a problem though. Some people do. But some people will always want rewards for nothing. So fuck em.

Should leveling be more fun? Yes. But that doesn't have anything to do with optional cosmetic rewards.

Deleted
    This is more a conceptual question whether leveling in MMOs in 2k18 is relevant as a whole or just let everyone start at minimum level in current expansion like that class trial event where you start on airship on the way to the Broken Shore.

I am pretty sure they will eventually do just that or at least some extremely streamlined version which takes you from one to 1 to minimum required level in like 5 hours or so. Question is whether that is really a right choice for MMO, after all they do want to give an opportunity to experience the world even a bit for people and as a guy who leveled 20-110 recently, I think they did a good job overall with leveling experience (minus 60-80 stretch which is weakest part, IMO).
    Ya it's very interesting how mmos have changed over the years. Mmos don't work and fail all the time due to how dated it is sometimes.

I think the changes blizzard did was good till 60 but honestly they should scale everything in the world to 100. I would love to level in some eastern kingdom zones than Northrend sometimes. Giving more player choice is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya it's very interesting how mmos have changed over the years. Mmos don't work and fail all the time due to how dated it is sometimes.

I think the changes blizzard did was good till 60 but honestly they should scale everything in the world to 100. I would love to level in some eastern kingdom zones than Northrend sometimes. Giving more player choice is the way to go.
    I think as a whole the level split is fine, problem is that 60-80 is actually the oldest most decrepit content there is as TBC and WoTLK did not get the touch up Classic zones and questing experience did. I think it's actually good classic does not scale 1-100, simply because there needs to be at least some sort of progression in leveling, it would be strange that one moment you were fighting some bandits in Westfall and then out of blue part of elite force attacking Broken Shore and 2 moments after becoming our glorious and most exalted leader and master of a huge powerful organization.

60-100 offers a bit more serious stuff to fill your resume before you are crowned to be big and huge overlord of everything. Maybe you do not take down Lich King or participate in Siege of Orgrimmar, but at least you are a veteran of actual invasion/defense force on two separate occasions and did fight the Scourge which is somewhat more respectable than kicking some wolf and boar butts all the way to the Broken Shore.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-18 at 01:14 PM.

I think as a whole the level split is fine, problem is that 60-80 is actually the oldest most decrepit content there is as TBC and WoTLK did not get the touch up Classic zones and questing experience did. I think it's actually good classic does not scale 1-100, simply because there needs to be at least some sort of progression in leveling, it would be strange that one moment you were fighting some bandits in Westfall and then out of blue part of elite force attacking Broken Shore and 2 moments after becoming our glorious and most exalted leader and master of a huge powerful organization.

60-100 offers a bit more serious stuff to fill your resume before you are crowned to be big and huge overlord of everything. Maybe you do not take down Lich King or participate in Siege of Orgrimmar, but at least you are a veteran of actual invasion/defense force on two separate occasions and did fight the Scourge which is somewhat more respectable than kicking some wolf and boar butts all the way to the Broken Shore.
    I don't know... even in Legion we had those "bring me 10 bear asses" types of quests ... or collecting berries and things. Thats pretty similar to killing bandits in westfall.

I've done these quests numerous times, I can see your point from the POV of a new player... maybe unlock it if you have at least 1 max level character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't know... even in Legion we had those "bring me 10 bear asses" types of quests ... or collecting berries and things. Thats pretty similar to killing bandits in westfall.

I've done these quests numerous times, I can see your point from the POV of a new player... maybe unlock it if you have at least 1 max level character?
    Well we will always grind rat tails and look for stuff in piles of shit (the mandatory quest) even if we are proclaimed "Just and Glorious and Merciful Overlords of Human Race and all Azeroth" two hours before that, but hey at least we had something on our resume before our divine status was affirmed.

I am not sure whether cutting to the chase is good or bad for the game, ultimately I do think leveling experience is an integral part of MMORPG, even if it is battered with time. It feels a bit wrong to become God the Almighty 2nd hour after you pressed "create character" button.

Deleted
    Well we will always grind rat tails and look for stuff in piles of shit (the mandatory quest) even if we are proclaimed "Just and Glorious and Merciful Overlords of Human Race and all Azeroth" two hours before that, but hey at least we had something on our resume before our divine status was affirmed.

I am not sure whether cutting to the chase is good or bad for the game, ultimately I do think leveling experience is an integral part of MMORPG, even if it is battered with time. It feels a bit wrong to become God the Almighty 2nd hour after you pressed "create character" button.
    New players get a free max level. I don't think anyone cares if your character goes from killing bandits to becoming the great hero.

Nope. Personally I think you should have to level 10 characters from 20 of that race to unlock it. But, that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    New players get a free max level. I don't think anyone cares if your character goes from killing bandits to becoming the great hero.
    That objectively is not true, it's partially why you keep hearing this whole Classic nonsense or how people want to get back to the roots being "adventurers" and what not.

I'd say more correct way to say it would be some don't care, some care too much and some are middle ground about it. I would set myself somewhere between middle ground and don't care, but I can't help and not smirk about how we are crowned as generals, overlords and demigods the very first thing every new expansion as of late.

IMO, they should pull back on that a tiny bit, but maybe the cat's out of the bag by this moment - we can't be Mighty Overlords of Dark Dead Doom and then suddenly Bob the Adventurer the next moment, except for maybe if we will be on the run from the government or something. Who knows, maybe it will be one day.

Deleted
    The reason I ask is because in BfA we will have endgame to grind not to mention levelling our 110s. Will Blizzard want people ignoring new content to level trolls and dwarves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The reason I ask is because in BfA we will have endgame to grind not to mention levelling our 110s. Will Blizzard want people ignoring new content to level trolls and dwarves?
    Nobody knows, any answer you get now is either speculation or a pound of salt with no basis.

Count on it being 20-120 and at best be pleasantly surprised if it will be only 20-110. Certainly not less than that.

Content itself will not run away, so I think Blizzard will be fine with that.

There's should be no requirements other than getting race to max level by any available means.