Poll: Are you ready for Warcraft 4

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ready for what? Blizzard haven't announced and even hinted anything. I doubt there will be WC4 until WoW truly dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Not happening. SC is the RTS brand of Blizzard - however desolate it may be. It wouldn't make sense to launch another brand to compete with your own.

EDIT: Current.
    Too bad SC is sorta dead in most of the western world. If not whole world.
    WC4 will be FAR more popular then SC has been the last 5-10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Wont happend. It is rumored they will make a warcraft 3 remake. Which is much more likely. blizzard probaly made way to much money with the release of Starcraft 1. So make easy quick and lots of money for no way the same afford. yeeea. blizzard will make a HD warcraft 3, and that is about it. Blizzard is not a big fan of acually working on games. Also considering how Dead Diablo 3 is, it is even more rumored they will make a diablo 4, and i dont think they will annouce 2 games at ones, atleast new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Since there is gonna be some sorta WC3 event at the end of this month. I was wondering if people are ready if Blizzard finally launched a WC4?
    I know i am, i just hope it will be like WC3. Where multiplayer will have 1000's of different maps that people have made!
    It's not happening for a veeeeery long time. Not until WoW is dead and buried and done at least - WoW is practically WC4. I'm ready for dat WC3 remaster though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I edited my post to indicate that it's currently so. To expand on this:

1. RTS genre is as good as dead.
    2. WC4 would limit WoW progression - unless they pull an Elder Scrolls, which would make Warcraft... weird, and unappealing to the current masses.
    3. Starcraft

Having said that, rather than WC4 I'd kill for a WC3 remaster and that's probably what's happening. Giff!
    My point being that SC is old as hell and doesn't have anything to do with it ... WC3RE and WC4 would interrupt the sales of SC just the same...

No it won't. What do you think it would be but a starcraft with different skins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No it won't. What do you think it would be but a starcraft with different skins?
    Warcraft themed RTS game has been VERY popular for years (Even when WoW was out already)
    I don't see why a WC4 wouldn't explode the RTS world? I rather play Warcraft themed RTS game then a Starcraft. Just because i don't like future technology games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Since there is gonna be some sorta WC3 event at the end of this month. I was wondering if people are ready if Blizzard finally launched a WC4?
    I know i am, i just hope it will be like WC3. Where multiplayer will have 1000's of different maps that people have made!
    No, it AINT gonna be a WC4 but a WC3 for mobil.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, it AINT gonna be a WC4 but a WC3 for mobil.
    They might add mobile/tablet support maybe to the old WC3 client like hearthstone, but it certainly won't be exclusively mobile.

I still expect them to add a remastered PC/Mac client , that can of course play with the old version/mobile versions.

SC1 is free to play, unless you buy the actual graphic update.

My argument stands as previous posts, why suddenly add map/creep/item balance changes after many years of almost nothing significant.

Along with an updated installer/ability to swap between WC3 basegame/expansion in 1 click in-game.

Deleted
    But WC4 wont happend. How can it. when wow is still allive, it will HAVE to be story releated to the warcraft universe. maaaaybe a prequel of story, but for many that would feel cheap. What factions? same 4? that is a bit to low compared to what we have now. and undead is now also part of the horde. and i dont think tauren have enough unites to make their own faction.
    even if we just use the same 4, which is a lot in RTS. It would feel weird and unnatural that Forsaken is not with the horde, and Night elves are not with the alliance..

I would love a SC4, but it is a as likely as a world of warcraft 2..

Deleted
    What's with the hype for a remaster? Aren't remasters basically just re-releasing an already existing product with minimal texture updates? Feels like a waste of time and a lame attempt to make money. I'd much rather see them release WC4, even if it has to take place in its own universe separate from WoW (perhaps then we could avoid many of the mistakes WoW has added to the lore).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I still expect them to add a remastered PC client
    not gonna happen especially seeing that they where hiring for mobile developing.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    What's with the hype for a remaster? Aren't remasters basically just re-releasing an already existing product with minimal texture updates? Feels like a waste of time and a lame attempt to make money. I'd much rather see them release WC4, even if it has to take place in its own universe separate from WoW (perhaps then we could avoid many of the mistakes WoW has added to the lore).
    It will make the multiplayer community active again, with more players.

Warcraft 3 isn't a bad game, gameplay wise it's still great, it's just very outdated on online infrastructure and graphics.

It won't cost anyone money if it's done the same way SC1 was made FREE if you play the old graphics.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    not gonna happen especially seeing that they where hiring for mobile developing.
    Why would they then release a PC new installer/PTR, with multiplayer balance changes. = Fact (biggest update they've done in many years)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20758576598

News expected soon anyway.

Again, I don't deny any mobile/tablet version of Warcraft 3, if it gets more online players = better, right now it's pretty dead.

Known Issues
    We are aware Warcraft III matchmaking is a bit long in the tusk; we will be improving matchmaker logic for a future patch
    Automated Tournaments and Ladder Board are not functional for PTR
    Latency was improved with 1.28, but still needs work to meet modern standards

Hello matchmaker/modern standards. Bnet client integration here we go?
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-18 at 01:11 PM.

Ehh. I've moved to grand strategy ages ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard were to do WC4 (Which I don't see) its either going to be something set in the past (War of the Ancients?) which does limit races a bit too much or it would have to be something thar could tie into WoW. Perhaps telling the same story from different perspectives which again wouldn't help WC4 sales wise because people wont spend the money if they think the can get the story through WoW anyway.

I would like to see it. Perhaps they could integrate with WOW someway?

I always thought it would be cool if you could go into an inn in WOW, meet a "challenger" then play them in a real game of Hearthstone while in the inn.

BfA would be the perfect themed expansion for WC4 to launch with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It will make the multiplayer community active again, with more players.

Warcraft 3 isn't a bad game, gameplay wise it's still great, it's just very outdated on online infrastructure and graphics.

It won't cost anyone money if it's done the same way SC1 was made FREE if you play the old graphics.
    Still feels like a waste of time. WC3 is there for anyone who wish to play it, last I heard it still has an active player-base which just goes to show how beloved it is. It deserves a WC4 far more than some lame remaster.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Still feels like a waste of time. WC3 is there for anyone who wish to play it, last I heard it still has an active player-base which just goes to show how beloved it is. It deserves a WC4 far more than some lame remaster.
    Problem is a large part of the playerbase plays on a modded service.

And blizz even admit their infrastructure is old in the same post as PTR known issues (5 posts up I bolded it).

5+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be Warclash of Clans on Android, people. You honestly think Blizz would announce WC4 outside of a Blizzcon?