Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    the only humans i can see on the horde are resurrected forsaken if sylvanas ever manages to pull that off
    Actually uh, the Worgen starting zone would like to have a word with you.

Defecting to the Forsaken was basically Godfrey's second move. That's actually kind of a common theme among humans that aren't bound into the Alliance, they fold pretty quick to any other powers outside it.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    We already have humans in the Horde, they are called the Forsaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Wasn't the warfront datamined as being in Feralas, the other in Arathi?
    Nope we have had a "Warfront Barrens" map that however was yet not changed or worked on, just a map in a folder.
    We don't know where the warfront is located, near Feralas or near Ashenvale. Both would make sense.

In Feralas we have Feathermoon hold and the entire sentinel army located which could march towards orgrimmar after Teldrassil.

In Ashenvale however we have the Silverwing and Malfurions army that was mentioned and a zone that seems actively avoided by Sylvanas, which could imply heavy defense.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Weight difference shouldn't be a Race but a Customization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Weight difference shouldn't be a Race but a Customization.
    So should antlers or horns, or different skin color, yet we see those as Allied Races.

Personally I think that we will see a Faction swap with races that are otherwise too similar, we have seen it with Nightborn and Voidelves.
    I would say there is a 50% chance of it happening again with humans and orcs.

Blizzard seems to get away from Alliance and Horde being race centric factions but rather ideology centric. Which somehow would fit their new desire for void and light, dark and shadow, evil and good.
    Blizzard is to some extend extremely predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But but...but they are THIN !!!
    SO are the godamn elves.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    So should antlers or horns, or different skin color, yet we see those as Allied Races.

Personally I think that we will see a Faction swap with races that are otherwise too similar, we have seen it with Nightborn and Voidelves.
    I would say there is a 50% chance of it happening again with humans and orcs.

Blizzard seems to get away from Alliance and Horde being race centric factions but rather ideology centric. Which somehow would fit their new desire for void and light, dark and shadow, evil and good.
    Blizzard is to some extend extremely predictable.
    But horns skin etc can be characteristics of a race, while weight cannot. Some things should be exclusive to each faction imo. The damage was done with the elf exchange, no need to continue with this trend. Ideology can be addressed through storytelling.

Deleted
    Finally! Couldn't wait to see this zone finally getting a nice revamp after it got damaged by the cataclysm

Deleted
    But horns skin etc can be characteristics of a race, while weight cannot. Some things should be exclusive to each faction imo. The damage was done with the elf exchange, no need to continue with this trend. Ideology can be addressed through storytelling.
    I'm actually not sure how I feel about all of that.

To one degree I think it waters down factions, but as Nightborn allready went to Horde that Barrier is broken anyway for me and more wouldn't harm it anymore, personally for me.
    On the other hand I find it to be quite interesting and with a different touch than we had with MoP, it woudl suite the story and would give Blizzard the oportunity to change the story of Alliance and Horde slowly, maybe even preparing for some kind of WC4.

We have to keep in mind that the whole story of Horde and Alliance was based on the Burning legion, everything that happend fromn the first war till the last, was because of the legion. With it now gone, the story might have to evolve around something else and that means redefining what Horde and Alliance is about.

I see it as a chance I guess, however as a nightelv player, I am used to getting screwed by Blizzard storytelling, which led me to the stance of, it is better not getting attention from Blizzard, because their solutions are mostly rediculous or plain bad and unlogical.

I agree with this, the elf exchange never should of happened, void elves are a storytelling disaster. I think given the elf exchange backlash Blizzard won't do something like this again in future, fortunately there's no signs of them doing that right now other than headcannon.

Thin Human joining the Horde and Mag'har orcs joining Alliance... If this happens I'm going to stop playing WoW. Seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Thin Human joining the Horde and Mag'har orcs joining Alliance... If this happens I'm going to stop playing WoW. Seriously.
    Haha no you won't. But lets be serious here. Mag'har orcs have NO REASON at all to join the alliance. Alliance doesn't even want to have Orcs in their party. Think about all the negative experiences they made with orcs. Vice versa about thin humans joining Horde. This will never happen, the whole allied-races thing has gone out of control because of people having too much wet-fanfiction-dreams

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Haha no you won't.
    I'm serious, I've seen plenty of the "I will stop playing WoW if X happens" on this forum, they were just claptrap. But in my case - I'm all serious, that would butcher the whole lore in WoW for me.

Mag'har orcs have NO REASON at all to join the alliance. Alliance doesn't even want to have Orcs in their party.
    Anduin and Saurfang talking about "honor", making a deal and not liking the new Horde warchief.

Vice versa about thin humans joining Horde.
    Gallywix paying Westfall people money, because they're poor and are starving.

I know that these reasons sounds ridiculous, but we already have seen as bad reasons for the races to join specific faction.

This will never happen, the whole allied-races thing has gone out of control because of people having too much wet-fanfiction-dreams
    I hope so. I have enough of every datamined model being called as a new allied race.

Deleted
    Haha no you won't. But lets be serious here. Mag'har orcs have NO REASON at all to join the alliance. Alliance doesn't even want to have Orcs in their party. Think about all the negative experiences they made with orcs. Vice versa about thin humans joining Horde. This will never happen, the whole allied-races thing has gone out of control because of people having too much wet-fanfiction-dreams
    This reminds me of Bloodelves.

Elves also had zero reasons to join a bunch of barbaric mongrels even though they were allied with humans for centuries, but yet they did.Blizz just constructed a bold reason out of nowhere.
    They joind a faction that were composed of Orcs (they have fought against in wc2 and 3) and Trolls (they have fought against a lot).

So this is not something that is entirely new to Blizzard, nor perfectly unthinkable. Blizz was allways a company to do something forcefully different just to be different and and unexpected but yet being totally obvious.

We got Voidelves because they wanted to forcefully do soemthing different than high elves, because those were too obvious. Same could happen with Orcs and Humans, so I wouldn't say it is in the realm of impossible.
    Personally considering Blizzards previous actions and their mindsets, it is more likely than having Mag Thar within the Horde.

Blizzards seems to love to ad things that are suposedly totally stupid and unsuiting.
    We got expansions because of that:

Pandaria, which was seen as unsuiting for WoW.
    We got time traveling orcs from a parallel universe ... just to be able to resuse orc warlords.
    We even got a cataclysm that did more damage than Sargeras stabbing the world.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2018-02-18 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Introducing fat and thin humans as an Allied Race is asinine in nature and scope. Both of those options should be BASELINE, customization options for humans.
    Of course they should. "Fat humans" shouldn't be a thing. We were promised burly lumberjacks and are getting a bunch of Jonah Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Might be preparation for a 1-60 revamp?

I always thought that they should do a few zones at a time when they've got developers to spare rather than focusing all development resources on a revamp.
    yeah me too, they could revamp like 2-3 zones per expansion and give quests that could hold up with time (at least for longer period than those from Cata).

Westwall would be a nice start, and I guess Duswallow Marsh could be good option for Kalimdor.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

This reminds me of Bloodelves.

Elves also had zero reasons to join a bunch of barbaric mongrels even though they were allied with humans for centuries, but yet they did.Blizz just constructed a bold reason out of nowhere.
    They joind a faction that were composed of Orcs (they have fought against in wc2 and 3) and Trolls (they have fought against a lot)..
    The blood elves never cared about the alliance even during their time in it. Anasterian Sunstrider didn't even want to help the alliance until Alleria forced his hand by showing him a troll's head in attempt to show him the threat was serious, at this time he was ignoring the alliance pretty much, eventually he reluctantly agreed to help.

The blood elves joining the horde was told in bits and pieces through Eversong Woods and the Ghostlands, the night elves had been spying on them and sabotaging them, why would they want to re-join a faction they only half assedly cared about? Especially when their fellow elves were sabotaging them? A dwarf in eversong was spying on them as well, not to mention the whole Garithos being an utter douchebag and trying to get Kael'thas killed.

The trolls they had been fighting as well were the Amani, they hadn't encountered anything other than forest trolls. So yes, they had plenty of reasons to join the horde and all I've wrote comes from established stories, you're welcome to look it up.

Orcs have no reason at all to join the alliance and humans have no reason to join the horde, neither of these will come to pass, right now there is no evidence of either of these things happening outside of people's personal beliefs.

Deleted

The blood elves joining the horde was told in bits and pieces through Eversong Woods and the Ghostlands, the night elves had been spying on them and sabotaging them, why would they want to re-join a faction they only half assedly cared about? Especially when their fellow elves were sabotaging them? A dwarf in eversong was spying on them as well, not to mention the whole Garithos being an utter douchebag and trying to get Kael'thas killed.

I know the story.

I turn the question around: Why should the blood elves join a faction composed of a race they fought against several times (Orcs) or a dead sworn enemy (tolls), unnatural abominations that destroyed their whole city (forsaken).

The story unfolded by Blizzard made somewhat sense, but so can a story that explains why humans join the horde and orcs join the alliance.

I know the story.

I turn the question around: Why should the blood elves join a faction composed of a race they fought against several times (Orcs) or a dead sworn enemy (tolls), unnatural abominations that destroyed their whole city (forsaken).

The story unfolded by Blizzard made somewhat sense, but so can a story that explains why humans join the horde and orcs join the alliance.
    If you know the story then you already have your answer about why the blood elves joined the horde.

Orcs and humans are different things entirely, they're the flagship races for the horde and the alliance, it cheapens the factions if their main races are suddenly available to both factions, fortunately, there's zero evidence this will happen as the outcry will be big from both factions.

Deleted
    If you know the story then you already have your answer about why the blood elves joined the horde.

Orcs and humans are different things entirely, they're the flagship races for the horde and the alliance, it cheapens the factions if their main races are suddenly available to both factions, fortunately, there's zero evidence this will happen as the outcry will be big from both factions.
    It was a rethorical question to explain to you that it is basically the same as with orcs joining the Alliance.
    Reasons can be constructed, Blizzard has done it before.