View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Corbyn raised that very question in PMQs a few weeks back. “Will a trade agreement with the US include America’s healthcare companies being allowed to bid for nhs work”? May’s answer was “we don’t know what the US would want from a trade deal”, suggesting that the nhs is on the table.
    That's very strange. She was only too happy to lay out a whole series of red lines for the negotiation with the EU. Is she now suggesting that there are no red lines when we negotiate with the US? That's a tactic that will get you taken to the cleaners with the US negotiating team, who have a LOT more experience than the UK (which isn't saying much, the Brexit negotiation is our first go in 40 years!)
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    And the UK has decided that it doesn't wish to have things managed by the EU and would rather makes its own path as an independent nation - in simplistic terms that's what the sovereignty argument boils down to. Like I said I can understand why people disagree with that and think it's outweighed by the benefits being a member of the EU brings, but it doesn't make the counter argument bullshit.

Cede was the wrong word to use, as said it above its more accurate to say that sovereignty is delegated to the EU. Nevertheless the outcome is still the same.

If there is any 'whingeing' then the majority of it is coming from the people who want us to remain in the EU.
    No, it doesn't. But it makes the whinging on here bullshit. If you want to leave, fucking leave. But don't whinge about the consequences. They're the whole point of you leaving. The UK thinks it can do a better job? Go ahead, fucking amaze us all. We're on the edge of our seats here...

The tone of my post isn't aimed at you personally, but I think you got that. Just making sure.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's very strange. She was only too happy to lay out a whole series of red lines for the negotiation with the EU. Is she now suggesting that there are no red lines when we negotiate with the US? That's a tactic that will get you taken to the cleaners with the US negotiating team, who have a LOT more experience than the UK (which isn't saying much, the Brexit negotiation is our first go in 40 years!)
    Her red lines are not laid out for the EU it's for internal Tory consumption, to placate the ERG, who like the US and loathe the EU.
    In any case, the UK has no leverage in either 'negotiation'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    The irony of calling the EU a tyranny when you live in a constitutional monarchy is rather delightful.
    A Tyranny you can leave whenever you feel like.
    Reminds me of the Boston tea vote where they voted to leave and everyone was happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i think leave voters should be knighted, leave voters saved the country from tyranny of the eu
    He says knowing he plans to head to France when the shit hits the fan.

Or is it Italy now? LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because the Guardian is a piece of garbage media.

There is no health risk concerning chlorinated wash chicken.
    Heck, chlorinated wash salad are a thing in the EU and none bats an eye for it. So long for the precautionary principle.

Same with GMOs, they are safe to consume.

The WTO forbids the banning of hormone-treated beef because so far none has presented a case in which it poses a health risk. The EU had to cite other rather bullshit reasons if you ask me to proceed with a semi-ban approach and negotiated with the US to comply with it.

And ultimately, if UK citizens just don't want American products, they are free not to buy them. Have them labelled or some shit like that.

on the topic of chlorinated chicken, the UK leads the world in food standards and practice (even stricter standards than eu). regardless of what happens i would be very sad if our food standards get reduced in some way.

also hilarious to see people draw the false equivalence between a UKIP vote of no confidence and a national in/out referendum ...

Deleted
    also hilarious to see people draw the false equivalence between a UKIP vote of no confidence and a national in/out referendum ...
    Oh come on, if you're going to attempt to call me out atleast do it properly.

I made no such false equivalence, I stated that watching UKIP implode after "winning" is entirely the same as what we're seeing from the Brexiteer camp. People who never expected to win and have lost all purpose are now dropping like flies because they don't want to lead.

They'd rather complain because that way they don't have any responsibility. Which pretty much sums up Brexiteers. Complainers who have no plan.

i meant idiots like tim farron and james o brien actually

idk what you're on about. the hard brexiteers of the left and right are locked in arms against the tyranny of the eu, that's what the will of the people voted for.

i meant idiots like tim farron and james o brien actually

idk what you're on about. the hard brexiteers of the left and right are locked in arms against the tyranny of the eu, that's what the will of the people voted for.
    What tyranny?

Deleted
    Is that what the will of the people voted for?

Did they vote for Hard or Soft Brexit? Did they vote to keep ties open with the EU or cut ourselves off entirely? Did they vote for isolationism or did they vote to open up further trade with the rest of the world at the expense of our position in the EU?

Ask anyone who voted Leave and you'll get different answers to those questions.

There are many, many words I can think of to describe Brexiteers. United is not one of them.

Deleted
    Wow theres a coordinated effort by Brexiters and the DUP to end Good Friday Agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Wow theres a coordinated effort by Brexiters and the DUP to end Good Friday Agreement.
    Oh? How? I haven't kept up with the news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Oh? How? I haven't kept up with the news.
    torygraph, Arlene Foster, Daniel Hannan & Owen Paterson all making statements saying that the Good Friday Agreement has outlived its use.

Dangerous stuff when Sammy Wilson MP (DUP) is on record calling for ethnic cleansing of catholics from NI.

10+ Year Old Account
    torygraph, Arlene Foster, Daniel Hannan & Owen Paterson all making statements saying that the Good Friday Agreement has outlived its use.

Dangerous stuff when Sammy Wilson MP (DUP) is on record calling for ethnic cleansing of catholics from NI.
    Ugh, that sounds nasty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup, the Troubles will be back on. And watch as the Tories blame the EU for them for the next couple of decades.
    should point out as well people like Gove, Rees Mogg and other arch Brexiteers (and the DUP) all opposed the GFA in the 90s

7+ Year Old Account
    I was confused listening to May and Juncker agree about the need to retain police and security cooperation. I agree that this is needed but how can we maintain the current level of cooperation without the UK remaining under the ECJ's jurisdiction?
    Quite simple really, the EU is weak, feeble and incompetent at looking after its own security. It must therefore come under UK jurisdiction.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

should point out as well people like Gove, Rees Mogg and other arch Brexiteers (and the DUP) all opposed the GFA in the 90s
    They did? Gove did not become a MP until 2005 and Rees-Mogg 2010.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They did? Gove did not become a MP until 2005 and Rees-Mogg 2010.
    Gove wrote some stupid shit when he was a journo called 'Northern Ireland: the Price of Peace' makes grim reading.
    http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...reland-589123/

Actually struggling to find Rees Moggs old view off the top of my head, cant come up with the google keywords keep getting current positions 'We are the Conservative and Unionist party after all' and all that jazz.

Both essentially saying 'we shouldnt have stopped the senseless killing by negotiating.'
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2018-02-19 at 02:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I keep you out of ignore just because these absurdities you love to spout actually make me laugh. I think we could take your quotes from this thread and make a play straight out of Beckett's works.
    Hardly absurd though is it when British troops have had boots on EU ground for at least a hundred years in order only to keep the natives civilised and from slaughtering each other. The same could not be said that EU troops have had to set one foot on UK soil. As I said the EU will have to remain under UK jurisdiction for the foreseeable until they have developed competency enough to take care of their own, fact not absurdity.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

on the topic of chlorinated chicken, the UK leads the world in food standards and practice (even stricter standards than eu). regardless of what happens i would be very sad if our food standards get reduced in some way.

Dont be! Its unlikely the US would ever propose such a thing if an FTA came forward. Its just bullshit pushed forward by lefties.