Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I didn't want to kill Malygos or Garrosh either, but in order to enjoy the game you are kind of forced to kill them. The only option you have is to skip the entire expansion and continue in the one after BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I didn't want to kill Malygos or Garrosh either, but in order to enjoy the game you are kind of forced to kill them. The only option you have is to skip the entire expansion and continue in the one after BfA.
    I'm afraid I'll have to do just that and bench my troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalerender View Post
    I'll throw an extra torch just for you OP, and yell out "this one is for Nicola87" as I do it.
    Haha, brilliant!

Hopefully Horde doesn't spend 3 patches waiting to ditch Sylvanas like they did with Garrosh.

It was clear he had gone over the edge by like 5.1, yet they stuck with him through the shitstorm until the blade was literally at their throats.

Hopefully this time its different. I'd ideally like to see them cut her loose before players are 120, and have her doing her own thing with old gods and immortality as a boss later on. She was always going to be a villain eventually, ever since she first died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Don't worry, after the Horde commits a few atrocities in BfA, they will use Sylvanas as a scapegoat and place all the blame squarely on her, then the Horde will be squeaky clean again!
    I dont think. This will be typical blizzard "favortism" towards hordes. Sylvanas will problay have gotten wrong intel.. or a rogue faction of the horde will ACTUALLY be the reason why it happend, and then she will be forgiven. Or old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    It's likely going to be part of the intro quest content in BFA so if you plan on playing Horde you're going to be doing it regardless.

Whether or not you protest a fictional act of arson is irrelevant when you consider that Blizzard will dictate what you do quest wise to some extent.

It's nice that you have some false moral high ground @OP but TBH it's a videogame and you should just get over yourself and do the quests as Blizzard intends.

Or don't, honestly it's your sub. If you wanna spend $15 to be a wet blanket by all means, it's what a lot of other MMOC posters seem to be doing so why not join in.
    Nicola87 who bought BfA just to stop playing after 3 quests.

Just role-play OP. Click accept, hit esc for any cinematic. Tell yourself the tree was just infected with termites and it had to be burned down. Tell yourself that Sylvanas was helping the Night Elves getting rid of the pests.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Saurfang joined in the slaughter of Shattrath, ofcourse he'd join in.
    Yup. You win. The Horde is all invariably monsters. Clearly they should be rounded up and slaughtered. From the Littlest baby to the Biggest tauren.

All dead.

They're all murdering psychopaths who are irredeemably Stupid Evil and have no motivation or thought processes beyond "Time to Kill some more!"
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Yup. You win. The Horde is all invariably monsters. Clearly they should be rounded up and slaughtered. From the Littlest baby to the Biggest tauren.

All dead.

They're all murdering psychopaths who are irredeemably Stupid Evil and have no motivation or thought processes beyond "Time to Kill some more!"
    Thanks for admitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Thanks for admitting.
    Kill your subscription. You are taking this game's Lore too seriously.

Sincerely, someone concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    That's it.

I have read that the horde is going to burn Teldrassil. I m not interested if the Alliance struck first Undercity or attacked in Silithus..if Sylvanas or any goblin fools is going to burn Teldrassil i will not partecipate.

Yes, i prefer to froze my character instead of doing this. War is a thing, mass murdering people or destroy our world is another. I don t know how blizzard would do this but i must admit, for the first time i m reallly worried about where the horde is going... yes Garrosh was also a very grim moment in our history but i hoped that after him the horde would have return to his "way of honor"

Sylvanas as our warchief is ofc a time-bomb...like every forsaken. I know they have suffered a lot and they are fighting constantly for survival but their methods has always been.."extreme" at least..

Really watching how blizzard will manage this..
    undercity is after teldrassil btw, just to confirm that for you.
    but we are not 100% sure yet what happens, or even if the horde is the one to burn it down, we do know the horde attacks it, but we are not sure if it is burnt down by them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just throw them on ignore. It's what I'm doing from this point forward.

There are people who have their heads buried so hard into faction division that any discussion is impossible. Mayto is just another one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

All dead.

or the alliance could do what they have proven they were merciful enough to do before.
    gather the orcs in camps to keep them from hurting others give them food and homes, yes back then it was not perfect but now they could try harder this time.
    the undead could return to their graves, the trolls could chill out on their own, or join in the camps, depending if the alliance still sees them a threat, the blood elves could stay within their city and lands, the tauren could join the alliance as the pandarens that chose the horde. the goblins could just do whatever, as they are willing to join the alliance as long as they are paid.

You are like the last honorable horde in all Azeroth. I applaud you. Burning the tree of Azeroth is not a slight on the NE or the Alliance. You are insulting Azeroth as a whole. I hope the planet swallows all the horde up for this and reminds them they are barely evolved pigs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or the alliance could do what they have proven they were merciful enough to do before.
    gather the orcs in camps to keep them from hurting others give them food and homes, yes back then it was not perfect but now they could try harder this time.
    the undead could return to their graves, the trolls could chill out on their own, or join in the camps, depending if the alliance still sees them a threat, the blood elves could stay within their city and lands, the tauren could join the alliance as the pandarens that chose the horde. the goblins could just do whatever, as they are willing to join the alliance as long as they are paid.
    That post wasn't a serious discussion. It was me throwing my hands up in frustration at Mayto.

As to internment camps: Most of the orcs who are alive, today, 10 years after the massive violent war against the Scourge and Demons, after the battling in Outland, after the battling in Northrend, after the Cataclysm and it's war, after the Siege of Orgrimmar, after the Broken Shore, and after the Battle of Lordaeron are going to be pretty damned young.

Orcs rarely make it to 75 naturally, and reach adulthood at around the time your average human reaches puberty. That means there's been around 3 generations of Orcs since the first orc was born on Azeroth. The first Orc to give birth in an internment camp is probably someone's grandma. One and a half generations of humans to 3 generations of orcs.

Don't get me wrong! I'm sure the Kor'kron of Mists had plenty of 12 year old members ready and willing to fight and die for the Fuhrer. But most of the older orcs, the ones who came through the portal in the first place, are either old or dead because of the various conflicts that have happened since and since they were seasoned warriors they were almost certainly a major part of at least some of those offensives.

But most of those 12 and unders haven't seen combat. And most of them haven't done anything wrong, either. Putting them into internment camps, even for the most reasonable of reasons, is injustice. And 12 years from now, when a new generation born in a cage reaches maturity, all they will have ever known is that injustice.

That doesn't work out well, for anyone.

A better option would be a forced disarmament and separation of clans with different groups of criminals being locked up and their children being placed into foster homes with other, innocent, orcs or with humans if there are enough of them.

Also "Forsaken go back to their graves" either implies forced imprisonment through burial or killing them all which, y'know... is another one that's unjust. I really doubt the Guild Tabard Vendor in Undercity has done anything to warrant such punishment.

Edited: Corrected some typos, fixed the reference to time.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-02-18 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    You are like the last honorable horde in all Azeroth. I applaud you. Burning the tree of Azeroth is not a slight on the NE or the Alliance. You are insulting Azeroth as a whole. I hope the planet swallows all the horde up for this and reminds them they are barely evolved pigs.
    Nah, Stormwind is next

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Yea, I never understood why people placed blame solely on Garrosh for the actions of the Horde in Mists. There's hundreds, if not thousands, of goblins and orcs that made Garrosh's actions possible (and a select few other NPCs of other races). It's the same thing with Hitler, he wasn't the guy that actually did all the atrocities, the people following him did.

Even if Sylvanas ends up as a boss for her crimes, what are we going to do with whoever threw the match on Teldrassil? We don't know exactly what the Alliance did or how bad it was, so how "justified" was the burning? No one public knows the exact details, Alliance attacking first and how they attack is still part of the story not yet released.
    good thing that the Iron horde is playable now, right?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Just embrace the monster ffs!! you play horde, that faction is literally made up of monsters.
    This is the right view.

People trying to convince others that the horde is somehow good are wasting their breath and just being outright biased.

Embrace the monster. You are playing the bad guy, enjoy being bad. That is the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's good on you. Show 'em who's boss.
    As an alliance player I have murdered everything I've been ordered to, from humans to cows and chickens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my Night Elves the way I like my chicken; extra crispy.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    That's it.

I have read that the horde is going to burn Teldrassil. I m not interested if the Alliance struck first Undercity or attacked in Silithus..if Sylvanas or any goblin fools is going to burn Teldrassil i will not partecipate.

Yes, i prefer to froze my character instead of doing this. War is a thing, mass murdering people or destroy our world is another. I don t know how blizzard would do this but i must admit, for the first time i m reallly worried about where the horde is going... yes Garrosh was also a very grim moment in our history but i hoped that after him the horde would have return to his "way of honor"

Sylvanas as our warchief is ofc a time-bomb...like every forsaken. I know they have suffered a lot and they are fighting constantly for survival but their methods has always been.."extreme" at least..

Really watching how blizzard will manage this..
    *Put on a dramatic face and dramatic voice*

Then, WHY, did YOU let Theramore explode, WHY?

I think you're a Dreadlord. I can see through your lies Nicola!