Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

BFA is just gonna be a filler expansion like WoD

Don't be hoodwinked by the impressive cinematic and superficial race changes(which are mostly re-skins of current models). It is just a minor one before the next major expansion. Looking at current developments and previous presentations, there really is nothing much. Plus Ion is still in charge. It is still gonna be an rng-fest like they've already indicated and raid or die design philosophy. And yes, PvP is still gonna be completely rotten. So don't get your hopes too high up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because it is a filler expansion, does not mean it can't be good.

WoD had alot of potential. If they tweaked a lot of things and changed the direction of the expansion focus, it would have been pretty great.

So there is good reason for hope There is a good chance, that we will get a good expansion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This is a bait thread but you’re very wrong:

1. There’s a really nice change coming for pvp and that’s adding gear back to vendors (meaning you buy gear with currency again) and it influences your stat templates. So now if you actually play the game you have an advantage which is fantastic. However I’m not sure how it’ll affect pvp overall but having gear progression back is great and could bring back more people. We’ll see.

2. BFA has so much less RNG than legion does. 3 main pieces of gear that can’t titanforge, weapons can’t titanforge, Titanforging chance reduced, no RNG legendaries. That’s a ton of RNG that’s gone from the expansion and it’s fantastic.

3. There’s actually incentive to mythic raid again. Azerite Armor can’t titanforge so the pieces will be BiS from mythic and the 9 traits that each of these pieces have is better based on ilvl, which makes the mythic Azerite Armor a lot better than any of the other difficulties. Azerite Armor alone adds 2-3 reasons why you’d want to run mythic if you care about progressing your character and being the best you can, something missing from legion.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-02-18 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't MoP seen as a filler expansion too? And isn't that one the last proper WoW expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

WoD was not Filler, neither will BfA be.

Idiots without a clue call expansions "filler" just because they don't like the theme (MoP)or how the expansion was handled (WoD, Legion, Cataclysm)...

In what way is it filler? Please explain. Wtf does "filler expansion" even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Wasn't MoP seen as a filler expansion too? And isn't that one the last proper WoW expansion?
    People aren’t really sure what “filler” is. You can’t really label an expansion filler because it’s everchanging. Things get removed and replaced or flat out changed constantly.

WoD wasn’t seen as a filler expac (before release) but it definitely felt like it, however MOP was seen as a filler expac (before release) and it was an amazing expansion. So who knows, in reality though there’s no such thing.

BfA looks fantastic. New systems are being added while other ones are being fixed. Incentive to mythic raid, pvp gear progression returning, RNG being reduced a ton. Looks great to me.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-02-18 at 03:02 PM.

Another thread about nothing. Now we're baselessly speculating about baseless speculations.

nothing will ever be like WoD. blizzard has learned we like world quests and m+ from this expansion.

WoD would've been fine with the current world quest system

edit: also, for flavor, since we didnt get karabor in WoD i would've at least liked to have seen each respective base side of ashran be "completed". like all the buildings finished and made into a bit more of a little city.

i guess the horde side was pretty finished looking because you greenbacks just build tents, but the building right next to the alliance flight master always pissed me off because it wasnt done.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2018-02-18 at 03:06 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion after TBC have been a filler....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This is a bait thread but you’re very wrong:

1. There’s a really nice change coming for pvp and that’s adding gear back to vendors (meaning you buy gear with currency again) and it influences your stat templates. So now if you actually play the game you have an advantage which is fantastic. However I’m not sure how it’ll affect pvp overall but having gear progression back is great and could bring back more people. We’ll see.

2. BFA has so much less RNG than legion does. 3 main pieces of gear that can’t titanforge, weapons can’t titanforge, Titanforging chance reduced, no RNG legendaries. That’s a ton of RNG that’s gone from the expansion and it’s fantastic.

3. There’s actually incentive to mythic raid again. Azerite Armor can’t titanforge so the pieces will be BiS from mythic and the 9 traits that each of these pieces have is better based on ilvl, which makes the mythic Azerite Armor a lot better than any of the other difficulties. Azerite Armor alone adds 2-3 reasons why you’d want to run mythic if you care about progressing your character and being the best you can, something missing from legion.
    The rest of the gears are still RNG dependant, and that's a lot still. Legion has legendaries that can't titanforge too but this time round there's less of them. There's no artifacts in BFA though. It's basically the same situation with only slightly reduced RNG. So the picture is basically the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    In what way is it filler? Please explain. Wtf does "filler expansion" even mean?
    To put it simply, half-arsed expansions like WoD which developers do not place much time and resources on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Every expansion after TBC have been a filler....
    Hmm since Cata maybe. Wotlk was rather grand.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    To put it simply, half-arsed expansions like WoD which developers do not place much time and resources on.
    And you exactly how much time and resources is being put into BfA how exactly?

why do you people play/post about it if you hate the game so much, life is too short guys go do something you enjoy

The rest of the gears are still RNG dependant, and that's a lot still. Legion has legendaries that can't titanforge too but this time round there's less of them. There's no artifacts in BFA though. It's basically the same situation with only slightly reduced RNG. So the picture is basically the same.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s what BFA adds to the game again:

1. Incentive to mythic raid through Azerite Armor. (Traits are better based on Azerite Armor ilvl therefore mythic will be the best and it can’t TF so mythic will be the best for stats/ilvl as well).

2. Pvp gear progression. Pvp gear is being added back and will actually affect our characters again.

3. RNG has been gutted. No RNG legendaries, Titanforging chance reduced, weapons can’t titanforge, Azerite Armor can’t titanforge.

What’s bad about any of this? Literally nothing. It’s the opposite of what you stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not news, BfA is a first expansion in a series of 2-3 expansion centered around Void threat, they have pretty much said in past that they are moving towards a scheme where you have a single main story evolving over several expansions as opposed to TBC/Wrath/Cata where we were jumping all over the place and killed off things before they even got a chance to get built up as a credible threat.

It will be the same thing as Episode One was for Star Wars, some salty people will get triggered right here, but honestly it's fine by me as long as systems and story will be good I don't care much about BfA being intro to new arc.

Filler expansion that's going to be about old-gods? Not sure where this misconception is coming from that its going to be a PVP/Filler expansion.

MoP was by no means a filler expansion; the amount of time that would of gone into all the new art assets, the new zones, races animations etc, but yeah it was just re-skinned from previous assets obviously .

The next expansion is going to move the storyline along significantly regarding Azeroth, Old gods and the Void. How is that filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Just because it is a filler expansion, does not mean it can't be good.

WoD had alot of potential. If they tweaked a lot of things and changed the direction of the expansion focus, it would have been pretty great.

So there is good reason for hope There is a good chance, that we will get a good expansion.
    that would start with titan forging being removed for bfa.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK was rather crappy..

Heirlooms and Ulduar aside, there is NOTHING I care to remember from WotLK.. I was an expansion as bad as WoD..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell much about BfA (like 99% of WoW players right now), but this is certainly a filler thread.

Hey hand me that crystal ball of yours, I'd like to scry my future.