Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My desk is a big pile of transformers at the moment.

Really need to get a display case.

Here's my desk from several months ago, there's heaps more now:

*img*
    Dude, there's like, easily $1000+ in just Masterpiece's there! Damn!

@OP

I love to collect Transformers, but I tend to only buy them off the shelves, which means I miss a lot of them, but there's something fun in finding just the one you want in the store.

While I love the G1 series, I gotta say it's close tie between Prime and Beast Wars for my favorite generation.

Yep still keep up with the comics.

Autobot at heart, always have been, always will be.

But I love me some Starscream.

Aside from that I'd love to get a large high-quality figure of Prime Megatron. All his official figures were small or crappy, I've yet to see a good one.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that an OS of the TT MP Megatron? Or one of the 3Ps?
    https://www.tf-direct.com/weijiang-n...p36_p1721.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Loved them when I was a kid back in the late 80's and early 90's. The cartoon was actually so bad, but the toys were fun.
    I remember owning Soundwave, Bumblebee and some random fighter jet of which I forgot the name.

Believe I gave them all away when I was reaching early teens.
    The cartoon is such a guilty pleasure. There is actually some really good episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think I still have some in a box at my parent's house which reminds me that I have to sort all my stuff out and decide what to keep and toss. That's something I've been putting off.
    Mine are in storage, can't believe that some of my G1 toys are almost as old as I am or older.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Shockwave is my favorite, I had that comic: Transformers ...ARE ALL DEAD.

I have collected them on and off, but somehow have managed self-control and not spent a lot recently. I think the only Masterpiece figure I have is Wheeljack, but I obviously wish I had them all. Prowl would be the next one I'd want, the price dissuades me somewhat, I guess its just high enough for my very limited self-control to manifest.

There was a line a number of years ago where they had Transformers that transformed into modern cars, I think I have a Silverstreak that transformed into a Subaru and a really nice Hound from that line, but I'm not sure where I misplaced them since my last move.

I think if I collected as much as I wanted, I would be happy with them, but poorer. My collecting money has been funneled into more of a Star Trek direction, for the most part. I would be all-or-nothing and my bank account is happy with the "nothing" but I yearn for more ridiculous toys.
    TF Direct have some Masterpieces at great prices! Most are around £25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

@OP

I love to collect Transformers, but I tend to only buy them off the shelves, which means I miss a lot of them, but there's something fun in finding just the one you want in the store.

While I love the G1 series, I gotta say it's close tie between Prime and Beast Wars for my favorite generation.

Yep still keep up with the comics.

Autobot at heart, always have been, always will be.

But I love me some Starscream.

Aside from that I'd love to get a large high-quality figure of Prime Megatron. All his official figures were small or crappy, I've yet to see a good one.
    Where I live in the UK are extremely limited with what is released. I do enjoy the hunt though. Impulse spending online when I see a steal can be exciting. Picked up Titans return Galvatron for £20 and £25 for Sky Lynx

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Loved them when I was a kid back in the late 80's and early 90's. The cartoon was actually so bad, but the toys were fun.
    Oh lol I know what you mean I tried watching them when Netflix had the whole first run and man it is so terrible I mean there were duplicate extras what were all 1 color.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a bunch of G1's, but they got sold/given away waaaay back. Also had stuff like the original Millenium Falcon playset (though it was beat to shit when we got rid of it, way before things really kicked off in collectibility). Can't recall all of them, but I definitely had the original Megatron.

I picked up a couple of the Alternators line when they came out, including one Binaltech Grimrock die-cast that I ordered in from overseas (transforms into a classic Mustang, not a T-rex, but it's my favorite car too, and a really nice model).

When I get some spare money, I'm likely to buy into some of the newer Gen 1 stuff, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ah, is that out already? I've got the regular MP-36, he's stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh, I try not to count, it's way over that by now.

I've got the FT Skyfire and Grimlock since then, they're like AUD$300 each. It's an expensive hobby... but I don't have kids so I can buy myself toys instead :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fuckin love Transformers.

Animated (the teen titans lookin one) was one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Shockwave is my favorite, I had that comic: Transformers ...ARE ALL DEAD.

Someone on the tfw2005 boards made a 3d diorama out of the Masterpiece Shockwave that homaged that cover. Drew on the shadows and highlights and everything.

I'll never be able to find it now of course.

Is this your Silverstreak? Alternators version.

I should get one of that mould, one of the few Alternators with a decent robot mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I had a bunch of G1's, but they got sold/given away waaaay back. Also had stuff like the original Millenium Falcon playset (though it was beat to shit when we got rid of it, way before things really kicked off in collectibility). Can't recall all of them, but I definitely had the original Megatron.

I picked up a couple of the Alternators line when they came out, including one Binaltech Grimrock die-cast that I ordered in from overseas (transforms into a classic Mustang, not a T-rex, but it's my favorite car too, and a really nice model).

When I get some spare money, I'm likely to buy into some of the newer Gen 1 stuff, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Why not both? :P

The Alternators had awesome vehicle modes. The Japanese version (Binaltech) had a lot of die cast too, I have the Arcee and she's just gorgeous. Well, in vehicle mode anyway. Her robot mode... uh... not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also liked Motor Master.

Surprised they never did anything with him for the films.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/gallery/j1KLj

Decent scale of a die cast blaster, prime and a 3rd party Megatron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of series:
    1.st Beast Wars
    2.nd Transformers: Prime
    3.th Transformers: Animated
    4.th Original (mostly due to bad quality)

And bad:
    Transformers: Robots in Disguise ... weak story
    Beast Machines: Transformers ... KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE
    Transformers: Combiner Wars ... wtf is that laggy crap
    ....any weird spinoff

But probaly the best was made via the video game (as movie):

....yes 10 times better than michael crap
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I also liked Motor Master.

Surprised they never did anything with him for the films.
    There's a bunch of 3P Motormasters coming out soon, looks like there's going to be a big Stunticon combiner war this year

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But probaly the best was made via the video game (as movie):
    I never played it but Transformers: Devastation looked pretty cool as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Devastation was okay. It felt like the platinum B team made it, but it was actually the best the B team did..... the B team as I call them also made that korra game, that ninja turtles game, and I like to say that starfox game. So I guess it was an accomplishment that devastation turned out to be pretty alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a bunch of 3P Motormasters coming out soon, looks like there's going to be a big Stunticon combiner war this year
    I never played it but Transformers: Devastation looked pretty cool as well.
    That would be pretty interesting I thought either Motor Master or Ultra Magnus who was the favorite to take over for Optimus before that Hot Rod hehe.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinobot ftw

Also Waspinator ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Do you collect Transformers?

What is your favourite era or incarnation?

Do you read the comics?

Favourite faction?

Favourite characters?

Everything Transformers related!

I have started to collect Masterpieces and 3rd party lines. Recently had the new oversized Megatron arrive. Looking at getting the 3rd Party Death's Head (Anubis) next.

Collection is growing steadily again. Still have all my G1 figures in storage.

Loving the Titans Return/Combiner wars/Power of the Primes line. Some very cool figures.

The Hatchette collection of Transformers comics is a godsend. Very cool collectors editions and certainly worth the money!

I always loved the Autobots as a child, now as an adult I certainly seem to lean towards Decepticons.

I always had an affinity for the purple and black colour schemes. Loved the insecticons, Skywarp, Astrotrain, Cyclonus. Shockwave always stood out as one of my favourites.
    I REFUSE to watch even one scene from the Transformers movies, out of protest they are so unlike the original cartoon. Optimus Prime will always be a big red truck, in my mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Beast wars is still my all time favorite TF series who doesn't like a transformer quoting Shakespeare while fighting and of course the universal chew toy that was Waspinator.

Also Like Mormolyce I collect too but I only collect Decepticons still waiting to find a one piece to finish my Combiner wars set.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sequel to devastation is due an anouncment this year. I picked up the ps2 transformers game from eBay yesterday for £3. I hope the duocons get the masterpiece treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

I stupidly passed up on a Bruticus set. Regret that so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    How so? For what reason?
    Don't engage with him. It's not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on the tfw2005 boards made a 3d diorama out of the Masterpiece Shockwave that homaged that cover. Drew on the shadows and highlights and everything.

I'll never be able to find it now of course.

Is this your Silverstreak? Alternators version.

I should get one of that mould, one of the few Alternators with a decent robot mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not both? :P

The Alternators had awesome vehicle modes. The Japanese version (Binaltech) had a lot of die cast too, I have the Arcee and she's just gorgeous. Well, in vehicle mode anyway. Her robot mode... uh... not so much.

It's one of the reasons I bought the Binaltech Grimlock; he actually looks pretty fantastic IMO, even if he isn't Gen-1 compliant;

The two Alternators I've got are the Optimus and Jazz figures. Jazz is pretty decent;

Optimus is A> a pickup and not a big-rig, and B> made of argh;

It's not even just that he looks pretty eh, compared to Jazz and Grimlock his transformation is more awkward and fiddly and doesn't hold together nearly as well, in either robot OR vehicle mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do most of the people who have them keep them in the box or take them out?, because I keep mine in the box.