10+ Year Old Account
    I was lucky enough to have the monster closer this time, lol. Killed him finally. Now I have the next quest which has me fighting a large ball of spikes, lol. Was originally sent to kill some lizard, then I was jumped by the spiky dude. Sadly I had to leave. Ill try it when I get gome.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Press O on ps4, thats how you grab those. I just keep tapping until the character jerkily grabs it.
    O is only for wedge beetles, the gap they were trying to jump has a vine in the middle of it. You just have to sprint at the vine and your character will automatically jump the ledge and grab it. Holding down sprint while swinging on the vine makes you jump off in the direction you're holding the stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got up to tempered Kirin.....

I farmed soooo many elder dragons for luls for days

and Tempered kirin was like

YOU ARE LIKE LITTLE BABY! and beat my ass

BTW any updates on the dlc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    O is only for wedge beetles, the gap they were trying to jump has a vine in the middle of it. You just have to sprint at the vine and your character will automatically jump the ledge and grab it. Holding down sprint while swinging on the vine makes you jump off in the direction you're holding the stick.
    Yeah, just checked. I thought it was like the climbing trails where you had to press O to get on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

BTW any updates on the dlc?
    which DLC?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    which DLC?
    actual monsters being added, etc

Anyone know what quests I'm likely to be missing from low rank n stuff? I've done everything available a long time ago and I'm missing something.

Every once in a while I'll knock out one of the optional quests from high rank and it'll unlock a low rank arena quest, dunno if its just those or something though and why a high rank quest is unlocking a low rank one.

I wanted monarch so I farmed the crap out of high rank kirin (needed a million horns) before I even did the 2 bagel goose quest and by the time I got to the tempered one it felt very underwhelming. It definitely does a ton of damage I'll give it that, but I feel like they coulda changed up a bit more.

I really hope Grank happens, I ended up having a similar feeling in gen where I got to end game and things aren't punishing enough.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

actual monsters being added, etc
    So far all we know is they are based on mostly existing skeleton rigs in world and a hard confimation the 'crawler type' isn't working in this so they are all out.

Right now based on that expectations are something like the following

BRUTE WYVERNS:
    Barchydios - Likely as he uses almost an identical rig and animation set as Barroth
    Glavenus - possible as he uses a similar rig to deviljho and anjanath but anjanath fills the fire t rex archetype already
    Abiorugu - very unlikely as anjanath was listed as his replacement for gen 5
    Durambaros - possible as a forest biome equivalent to Urugaan which uses an identical rig and similar base model like Radobaan in rotten vale
    Tetsucabra - very possible but dodgama might be its intended repalcement but would probably be easy to add in as dlc.

FANGED WYVERNS:
    Zinogre - probably not happening. The only one not in gen 5 already. Lots of folks want it but Tobi Kadachi is already a thunder element fanged type that fills the same spot almost exactly.

BIRD WYVERNNS:
    Yian Kut Ku - possible but Kula Ya Ku has kind of replaced it though it is a fan favourite
    Yian Garuga - similar in style to Tzi-tzi being ya kus edgy big brother but is a poison based, highly aggressive monster so might happen
    Gypceros - unlikely, Tzi-Tzi Yaku has most of its trope down and the game isnt really designed map wise for 'monster that runs up walls as a gimmick'
    Kuropeco - unlikely as its bascially a gypceros reskin
    Malfiesto - very unlikely as its rig and model is unlike anything else and its moveset and animations are almost totally unique
    Various Dromes and Jaggis - very basic models and movesets but no area where their role in the ecosystem isn't already taken up by things like Jagras so probably across the board not happening outside from fan service arena quests since they do use a similar 'raptor' model to some existing monsters.
    Forokuru - possible but again its a case of a new monster, pukei pukei filling a similar role and moveset already

FLYING WYVERNNS:
    Khezu - likely as there is no major thunder element monster in the type yet and while unique in look its basically a paolumu with a worm for a head
    Seregios - it would make for a good reason to use anti bleed other than Odo but its role is kind of filled by Bagelguy so probably not coming back
    Tigrex/Nargakuga/Gigginox/Barroth - more of a sub type to themselves but they are the more none dinosaur types that are small enough to fit on all existing maps so are probably all possible. My money would be on Nargakuga since they started working on improving it already for XX
    Monablos - likely, its just a bigger, tougher black diablos and would fit well with dlc like jho
    Akkantor - possible but Dodogama might be intended as its replacement
    Gravios - possible but where do you put it location wise where Urugaan isn't doing basically the same sort of thing?
    Silver Rathalos/Gold Rathian - nowadays are always 'final dlc pack' monsters so almost surely garaunteed.
    Astalos/Raizex - The only Rathalos sized thunder element and a flagship. They have yet to touch on the generation/XX flagship monsters but if Khezu doesnt get into a dlc pack then its possible if only to give another reason to use thunder resist gear/have thunder element weapons to chase.

LEVIATHANS
    Royal Ludroth, Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, Tamamizutsune, Gobul and Nibelsnarf are all probably not coming back as they have no existing rigging/animations that match theirs and the ones outside of water in Generations bar Tama were widely considered neutered versions of the 3U tough guys they used to be.

PISCINE WYVERNS
    Plesioth - the hip check monster could potentially be found in the forest but unless theres a new coastal region added in dlc -not impossible considering the info from the HR4/5 mission info- i dont see a map where it fits
    Cephadrome - would absolutely fit on the wildspire waste but what does it do that diablos and jyuratodus don't do on the same map already? probably missing as well

FANGED BEASTS
    Including Gammoth, Congalala, Bulldrome, Azuros, Lagombi, Kecha Wacha, and Blagonga might seem like a 'no existing skeleton/rig so not happening' like leviathans but all of their models are also the base for Rajang which is already rumoured to be coming back. So if he isn't not happening. If he is i see no reason to not add things like Auros in the ancient forest or Kecha Wacha in the Coral Highlands.

UNKNOWN TYPE
    Gore Magala/Shagaru Magala - a fan favourite a lot of people want but Nergigante seems to serve its purpose in some ways and Vaal Hazak does in others. I would love to see him in HD but i dont think hes happening

CRAWLER TYPES
    Seltas, Hermitaur, Nerscylla and so on. Lot of favourites with fans but as of now soft confirmed to all be cut as in an interview they stated when asked about seltas queen that the rigging and animations dont work on the new full 3D maps as opposed to the largely flat zones of gen 4 and earlier.

SNAKE WYVERNNS
    Remombra and Najarala are the only entries for the species in this category but while Najarala would be a good fit in the ancient forest or elder recess there is nothing like it in game right now so i wouldnt expect it in the dlc

ELDER DRAGONS
    A mixed bag of all the other variants. Kushala Daora and Teostra being in already means its very likely Fatalis, Chameleos, Gogmazios and Alatreon will probably show up. But other designs like Dalamadur, amatsukami and caedeus with unique or leviathan based models probably won't.
    The interesting option folks are talking about is the grandaddy of dragons - Lao Shan Lung which under all the molten rock on top has a very similar model already in game with Zora Magdaros. It was only in gen 1 and forgotten till it had a comeback in XX. If theres another 'fire the dragonkiller!' stage fight in the dlc odds are good its La Shan Lung over something like Jhen Moran or Nakarkos. Though given the nature of Worlds story Nakarkos showing up would kind of make sense.

-of course there is also speculation about new areas since the 'full' map of the new world leaves to large areas untouched. The south east coast and a very large peninsula in the northwest. Lotta folks assume the peninsula will be either tropical beaches for some types to fit or snowy mountains for others. If they are added at all. Personally the south east zone would be neat as a stormy cove full of ship wrecks and the more creepy monsters like Nakarkos to show up.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-02-17 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving my bagpipes. I've played healer in wow for 5 years so it's nice to be back on my role!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    And now i need to farm Diablos for the CB pieces, and he refuses to spawn on any of my maps. And i don't have the high rank investigation for him. Sad face.
    Can try sending your Tailraider Safari into the Wildpsire wastes.

Or just going on Expeditions untill you see Diablos (or ??? if you don't have it at level 1 research yet) and then heading there when they do that

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Anyone know what quests I'm likely to be missing from low rank n stuff? I've done everything available a long time ago and I'm missing something.

Every once in a while I'll knock out one of the optional quests from high rank and it'll unlock a low rank arena quest, dunno if its just those or something though and why a high rank quest is unlocking a low rank one.
    Blue complete means there are more quests to unlock, red complete means you've done all quests in that bracket. If you're missing one, its most likely an arena quest you unlock after capturing that monster. You need to capture the monster in low rank to unlock the low rank arena quest for it. Arena quests aren't available all the time though, not sure what makes them appear/disappear after unlocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Blue complete means there are more quests to unlock, red complete means you've done all quests in that bracket. If you're missing one, its most likely an arena quest you unlock after capturing that monster. You need to capture the monster in low rank to unlock the low rank arena quest for it. Arena quests aren't available all the time though, not sure what makes them appear/disappear after unlocking.
    Yeah I can't say I've captured much outside of the actual capture quests so that could be it.

Guess high rank capture quests count for low rank or something though cause I've been having the same monster pop up in arena on low rank after I've done quests from high rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    After playing the game for about a week, I have a love/hate relationship with it.

It is a lot of fun to play with friends, but mind numbingly boring to play alone. I dislike how it forces you to wait till the 'Monster Reveal' before you can post up an SOS to get people into your session. I know once I have uncovered all the monsters that shouldn't be an issue anymore. But getting there is kinda boring.
    I don't think it's boring to play alone, yes it can be harder but people forget that it can also be harder with others.

More people higher chance of screw up and less rewards, but of course playing with others mean you'll potentially be able to kill monsters faster.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It’s been about 60/40 for poor/good players that join my quest randomly and one ass that suicided 3x to screw with me.
    I stoped using sos excerpt on those stupid fetch cooking quests

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That would make me hate the game, lol.

I'm only Hunter Rank 6 atm. So i'm still REALLY early on in the game. I'm hoping that once I get all the game mechanics unlocked, it will be more fun. Currently, I just got to the Coral place, and am hunting some monster that I can't reach until I clear a large gap. This is the first time I will need to use my slinger as a grappling hook. Spent about 45 minutes trying to get across the gap, then turned the game off.

So you can call that issue #2 I have with the game. It is incredibly unintuitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out, while watching a video real fast to see how to clear this gap, I don't need to use my Slinger....however he is able to just make the jump to the vine, while I spent about 15 minutes trying to grab that damn thing, and was never able to....

7:00 mark. This is where I am stuck.

you just walk up to the vines to climb them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    It’s been about 60/40 for poor/good players that join my quest randomly and one ass that suicided 3x to screw with me.
    Damn that's bad luck. Think I've failed 2 or 3 quests total but I'm not aiming very high with my investigations etc, I think later on I'll struggle. I get hit a lot.

Huh, I haven't had too much issues. Yeah people faint here and there and honestly it takes longer in groups than by myself most of the time but eh its fun playing with people.

Maybe I'll have more trouble with the tempered mobs once I'm doing that more often but so far its been pretty fine. I guess I'm a bit tempered by how apex rajang quests used to go.

That's bad luck...I haven't had that much bad luck. Though most of them time I RESPOND to SOS's rather than send them. I like to heroically show up with my horn and toot the group to victory with OP buffs
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The game is out for some time now, how is the longterm fun? I only played MH Tri offline but I want to start MHW on PC with a friend duoing. Can we expect more entertainment than Destiny 2 with its lousy four weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    The game is out for some time now, how is the longterm fun? I only played MH Tri offline but I want to start MHW on PC with a friend duoing. Can we expect more entertainment than Destiny 2 with its lousy four weeks?
    Monster Hunter is the anti destiny. At its core its a grind game. You and your friends go 'who needs what'/'what event hunts are up'/'who still has to X?' and jump in with lots of repeating hunts for rare drops and building gear loudouts for each weapon with each weapon type having a dozen endgame weapons that require different gear builds to get the best out of.

-also not being designed around a cash shop helps.