Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    For example, Aruba has a higher immigration rate than Canada, would you say it is more desirable than Canada?
    Let me think, an island in the carribbean or a country where it's cold 90% of the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bs-worker.html

What happened to America First? Trump properties give ONE of 144 jobs to a US worker in two years as the rest go to foreigners - because locals 'aren't interested' in seasonal work
    Properties owned by Donald Trump have hired just one American for 144 roles
    The 143 jobs went to foreign guest workers who had just obtained an H-2B visa
    Data showed figures from three of properties, two in Florida and one in New York

Have to love Hypocrite Trump

the Trump administration temporarily expanded the H-2B guest-worker program last year because it could not attract qualified candidates.
    I think you are missing the point. The point is NOT to hire American because the company is so nice. The point is changing the system, so that the government is not taking steps that encourage jobs to move overseas. For example, our export tax. What in the actual fuck? Maybe stop doing stuff like that, that no other nations do.

Hiring foreign workers, because they are cheaper, is just good business. Making laws that encourage or enable that, is just bad government. It's not complicated to sort out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think you are missing the point. The point is NOT to hire American because the company is so nice. The point is changing the system, so that the government is not taking steps that encourage jobs to move overseas. For example, our export tax. What in the actual fuck? Maybe stop doing stuff like that, that no other nations do.
    If you mean export duties, this is false. If you mean worldwide corporate taxation, this is still false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Applebee's/salaries

Well, if we go by this then you're looking at an average salary between $11.12-$17.37 per hour.

Yeah, even if you get shitty tips/stiffed on tips you're making more, dealing with less, and not needing anywhere near the same level of knowledge/service at Applebees.
    Isn't that including tips though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hiring foreign workers, because they are cheaper, is just good business. Making laws that encourage or enable that, is just bad government. It's not complicated to sort out at all.
    1. That seems rather hypocrite.

2. As a republican, you are proposing to make law preventing business hiring whoever they want? Are you saying you are in favor of a government interference in business practices for the good of the american people? Beware, you are becoming a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    1. That seems rather hypocrite.

2. As a republican, you are proposing to make law preventing business hiring whoever they want? Are you saying you are in favor of a government interference in business practices for the good of the american people? Beware, you are becoming a lefty.
    I'm not a Republican, I'm a Conservative.

Businesses don't care if they are hypocrites, they just want to make money.

I'm saying I'm in favor of the government making choices that are pro-American citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, Felicia.

I'm saying I'm in favor of the government making choices that are pro-American citizen.
    Which is why you consistently forward policy that directly and negatively impacts the welfare of American citizens.

Smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am i confusing you for someone else but aren't you one of the "free-market over all" crowd?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are you "conserving"?

The most basic principle about human society is that it's not static, it's evolving, learning, progressing. Society rules that were perhaps OK in the past may no longer be today. Don't dwell in the past, society has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    What are you "conserving"?

The most basic principle about human society is that it's not static, it's evolving, learning, progressing. Society rules that were perhaps OK in the past may no longer be today. Don't dwell in the past, society has changed.
    Feel free to look up the political definition of the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Am i confusing you for someone else but aren't you one of the "free-market over all" crowd?
    If you think I engage in any absolutes, you are mistaken. I have many views that are on the left, but on the whole I am generally a Conservative.

Feel free to look up the political definition of the word.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think I engage in any absolutes, you are mistaken. I have many views that are on the left, but on the whole I am generally a Conservative.
    By the sound of it, you are more nationalist than conservative.

I'm still trying to figure out what American conservatives supposedly support any more. It's certainly not principles lime individual liberty, limited government, or the free markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think you hit on the head. Nationalism is what they stand for. The toxic kind.

Debt? Nope... Free Market? Nope... Free Trade? Nope... "Law and Order?" Nope... Anti-Immigration, and Protectionism? Yes, in spades.
    I like to consider myself a conservative. I do believe in things like individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. I turn around, and all these other "conservatives" are cheering on Muslim bans, merit-based immigration, tariffs, spending increases, libel laws, restrictions to privacy, killing people while in custody, more immigration restrictions, taxes on companies with assets overseas, protectionism, and a whole host of other big-government ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is funny considering your posts in another thread. Also you didn't answer my question, but i take your dodging as a yes.

So you are against minimum wage laws but are for laws preventing businesses to hire whoever they want.

Yeah, your type (classical) conservatism I can respect. Trump has changed it to his kind though, and a lot of the republicans, with a few noted ones that are resisting, went along with it. Sad...
    Sadly, it started before Trump. Reagan was the first to dismantle it, when he pushed for reckless spending. The neo-conservatives came around, and pushed for colonialism. Then came the Tea Party... who were nothing more than religious conservatives and racists trying to hide what they really were. We are now stuck with the Trumpsters, a bunch of fake neo-liberals and memelords, with a side of white nationalism.

The textbook example of the change was watching the deconstruction of SuperTony before our very eyes. In the span of about 6-8 months, he want from a typical conservative, to a throw-them-all-from-a-helicopter authoritarian. Ironically, if anyone on this site were to be investigated by the FBI and have their firearms taken away... it'd be him. His behavior perfectly mirrored the Florida shooter's.

Good point about Reagan, I agree. “Voodoo Economics” was the start, interestingly Ayn Rand called it as well.

Not that I am particularly enamored with her, but she did have a point on a few issues in her writing.
    I think of Ayn Rand a lot like I think about Marx. When it comes to actual economic policy, they are garbage. However, their understanding of human behavior, as well as the failings of a system they opposed, was pretty solid.

This is funny considering your posts in another thread. Also you didn't answer my question, but i take your dodging as a yes.

So you are against minimum wage laws but are for laws preventing businesses to hire whoever they want.
    Dude, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not going to keep bothering with you, if you can't be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not going to keep bothering with you, if you can't be honest.
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. It's a conclusion from your recent posts.

Take a lap.

You won't convince @Tijuana. He can't even prove even 10% of what he says and the rest is pure nonsense that there's no point. He's so far gone he might as well be in Brazil.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Take a lap.
    Is this supposed to mean something? Are you disagreeing with your past self now?