Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wouldn't say Legion is the worst. That title belongs to WoD and will be hard to take.
    But yes, despite not being worse, I saw it losing more people than WoD - among my friends, even the die-hard players who never left the game, have mostly moved past WoW. That's the first time in 13 years I've seen that.

And let's be honest, it's not "the worst" but it's not far from it. The gameplay is terrible, the classes look nothing like they were initially, I heavily dislike both legendaries and artifacts, the OP is spot-on about how the leveling was the worst in all expansions (yes, on this point even WoD was better, which is a pretty damning situation), most of the new time-wasting is just keeping the same content and repeating it (hello M+ and World Quest, though at least M+ has some variety, but I really hate the very artificial timed run aspect) and it's still weighted down by the side-effect of a grossly ridiculous ilvl bloatflation.

I agree. Legion was worse then Wod because LEgion had so much potential. Legion was a giant turd but just in a prettier wrapper
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

oh look, another post about how shitty the actual expansion is before the next expansion, lol, so original

It most certainly isn't the worst, WoD and Cata were worse.

Levelling as good for a a change, choosing a zone was nice, I never encountered bugged quests, gearing was not a pain in the ass.

LFR has always been a joke, so calling a great xpack the worst because you don't like LFR is asinine.

In short, its your opinion yes, but its blatently a bad one.

The only thing I absolutely agree with OP are the legendaries. Thank god that system is not returning in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I've played every version of this game there has been, I'm pretty sure my memory works just fine.

About the only things I agree with him with is PvP and LFR being too easy. The gearing comment is pretty much laughable, there has never been a time where it was easier to gear up, and that includes the start of the expansion.
    thanks for proving to me you were straight up trolling, I was seriously believing you were low on brain capacity.

From the tone of your comments on leveling and questing, this just sounds like more butthurt "should have had flying from day 1" crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    oh look, another post about how shitty the actual expansion is before the next expansion, lol, so original
    Its as bad as fanboys that state the current expansion is brilliant. Then 2 expansions later talk about its many issues it had that Blizzard have now fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    thanks for proving to me you were straight up trolling, I was seriously believing you were low on brain capacity.
    Ah yes the age old adage, if you don't agree with a statement then it's trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    So most of the players here seems to have only positive words to say about the expansion, they can barely point out any problems, and they are praising legion to the skies to a point where it starts to become a bit delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to go through the good, the bad and the ugly and why I didn't like it.

The Good The storyline was decent. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad Leveling was an awful experience. Some of the quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience.

The questing areas were poorly designed to a point where you would often have to make a detour just to get to the desired location.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass mid way through the expansion. As a solo player, you would have to go through a lot of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. The quest rewards were terrible and people were complaining that they were constantly hitting a wall trying to gear up for raids, so blizzard "adressed" it by letting you buy the gear with nethershards, which is a lazy solution.

This is a similarily bad game design to mists of pandaria, where you had to run around and kill frogs on timeless isle. Theres no sense of progression, you just do the same mindless repetitive grinding again and again to get whatever currency blizzard wants you to get.

Blizzard later added veiled argunites, which is the same trivial grinding process you have to go through to buy your gear.

Same goes for grinding artifact power, which sums up the absurd and boring grindfest that was legion.

The Ugly LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting for you to come kill them and grab their treasures.

PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Legendaries are a joke. They are completely based on RNG, and we don't have to do anything to earn them, as they drop randomly in raids.

What's the point of playing if you are just going to shower us with the best items in the game?

Summary
    Well, that's my 2 cents. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and honestly while I was playing legion, I had several occassions where I thought that blizzard was wasting my time on purpose, just so my subscription would run out and they would make some more money from subscribing again.

While some of the players here can barely get their hands down from excitement over legion, I have to say that legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    I feel the opposite. I would say it has been the best so far.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    did u play WoD ? how exactly u compare the masterpiece (of shit) WoD to any other expansion? WoD is a glorified 'patch', can u compare entire WoD with patch 7.2 for example ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

My favourite xpac ever and i'm sure if you thought about it you could think of plenty of other good things about it.

Legion is basically layers upon layers of RNG coupled with time gates or reputation restrictions. Everything is made to make sure people spend more time in game than ever. That's basically it.

Garbage expansion. The addicts loved it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I agree. Legion was worse then Wod because LEgion had so much potential. Legion was a giant turd but just in a prettier wrapper
    I would love to hear your opinions as to why but I'm afraid I don't have boots high enough to wade through that much bullshit

Deleted
    To be fair, I'd rather call legion polarizing. People love the direction or absolutely hate it.
    If we count together all the sources, we know that Legion lost around 60-75% of the playerbase since its release. BUT its still highly successful for blizzard. Ingame shop etc is making them a lot of money. So whatever. If you dont like it unsub and wait for classic like so many other former players. Or just stick with it. I dont get why so many people stay subbed when they clearly hate it. Its not even about the money. Why would you support a bad game (in your opinion). I'd rather not and hope my unsub might influence the development of the next expansion.

I love Legion.

I think it is the first expansion where i have spent more time on my main than on an alt. The addition of m+ keeping dungeons relevant throughout the expansion is one of the best things to have happened on WoW imho.
    I'm having a blast with my guildmates in m+ runs, pushing keys and messing about on voice comm.

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Agreed... But it's likely just troll bait... Some very odd opinions up there.
    Wahhh everyone who disagrees with me is a troll. I agree with op, legion sucked. they need to scrap the whole design and start over. M+ is a sham world quests are a sham, all rehashed content to get you doing the skinner box over and over for your dopamine rush at OMGFUFRGGGG TITANFORGED that doesn't do anything in raids cause you stand in fire and are bad.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Veloziraptor View Post
    To be fair, I'd rather call legion polarizing. People love the direction or absolutely hate it.
    If we count together all the sources, we know that Legion lost around 60-75% of the playerbase since its release. BUT its still highly successful for blizzard. Ingame shop etc is making them a lot of money. So whatever. If you dont like it unsub and wait for classic like so many other former players. Or just stick with it. I dont get why so many people stay subbed when they clearly hate it. Its not even about the money. Why would you support a bad game (in your opinion). I'd rather not and hope my unsub might influence the development of the next expansion.
    the answear is pretty simple - time investment - people who invested better part of past 15 years wont abandon WoW so easily - thats why it till has around 2 mln active users - even though the endgame is pretty shit to them game is so big and so vast that there is still plenty of things to do even if you do 0 endgame content.

but they have every right to voice their consumer opinion - if endgame is shit in their eyes they call it out. and have right to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I find it funny how so many of you are saying legion was so great, when it was actually a medium expansion. It wasn't great at all.
    We had alot better ones by far.
    its quite simple though - everyone who likes raiding and mythic + find legion amazing

those who dont find it very weak boderline as bad as WoD .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veloziraptor View Post
    You got a source on that 60-75% figure? Because my personal experience is that my server hasn't been this busy since Wrath.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus