Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    the content was simple, not easy. naxx at 60 had damage going out similar to naxx at 80 even though your toon's health went up 3x. With DBM screaming at you when something is about to happen, you're left with the same things making raiding hard today that you had then. All those extra mechanics don't affect people as much because of DBM. It comes down to how punishing a mistake can be, and in naxx a mistake was very punishing. in mythic raiding today, a mistake is very punishing. it's less tedious now, but there is far less buildup to get to the goal.

the road to get to the goal is shorter, straighter and you are able to depend on yourself more than you used to

it all comes down to the game being less social, it's basketball now where every player's elite skill is worth that much more, instead of football where an elite QB doesn't have time to do jack shit if his OL doesn't protect him. lebron james can take over a game because he's 20% of the lineup on the floor and can affect every facet of the game, Tom Brady can't even do his job if receiver don't catch and linemen don't block, he's worth far less as an individual.

teamwork with 40 people vs teamwork with 20 people, each person matters more so if 2 die, it's a wipe, but you have 20 fewer people there to fuck something up, 20 fewer people to get attuned/geared, etc
    Yeah, compare naxx 80 with naxx 60 and talk about retailers. Compare mythic kj, avatar sasszine, argus, aggramar, coven, guldan, helya, archimonde and so on with naxx bosses.. Some of them probably have more mechanics than whole naxx had. Maybe you died also rather easily but you got 1/2 buttons or some kind of heal it + your omen bar to watch.

Could I handle spamming one ability into a boss that does nothing? Yeah probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    bad bait is bad bait.

What do you think? Do you think that you can take this abuse before running back in tears to the caring arms of J. Allen Brack, your Kung Fu Panda, your Pokemon and LFR?
    Not a masochist so no.
    Last edited by Addict; 2018-02-18 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted
    Calling current wow players "retailers" - check
    posting screenshots from private server - check
    adding random "kung fu panda"/lfr "joke" - check

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    <abusive drivel>
    I fail to see what one's line of work has to do with one's performance in Classic. Unless it is the fact the anyone who earn their living working retail already have a tedium tolerance required for Vanilla.

I did raid quite successfully during vanilla, both AQ40 and Naxx, and I certainly remember the time I spend on farming. Today, I would not have that time. Life changes. 12 years ago I was still in school and university after, a lot more spare time then now.

On top of most people that did raid vanilla probably having "grown" out of the those time requirements, it probably doesn't fit a 2018 gaming style anymore anyway. Making content harder by requiring obnoxious and tedious farming is not any sort of challenge. Anyone can spend 12 hours a day in the game, thats not a measure of skill - just endurance. The actual mechanical skill required in Vanilla was quite low compared to today.

Sorry but Vanilla raiding is not challenging just time consuming so it has nothing to do with guts it has to do with someone wanting to spend 3 hours a day for a week getting ready for a 2-3 hour raid with minimal mechanics. Not to mention most of the prep is not needed anymore because of the facts that they have been out so long people have studied every aspect and most of the raids are trivial now.

Farm 2 hours a day to raid a boss with 2 mechanics with my 2 button DPS rotation.

Think I'll stick with modern WoW.

Deleted
    On top of most people that did raid vanilla probably having "grown"
    Well, according to OP's signature, he was 31y old in 2005, that makes him a good 44y old now.

And look how he acts. Condescending, arrogant, ridiculous. Some people grows better than others it seems.

(I was 15y old in Vanilla, i played a shadowpriest.)

I'm currently playing retail, but I started out in beta with most of my everquest guildies. If you had 40 decent players you didn't need nearly as many consumables, so no need to spend hours farming whipper root tubers etc.

If you had 20-25 people carrying the other 15-20 then you needed more.

I'll prob make a vanilla char just to finish naxx40 since we only cleared 2/3rds of it before people got bored and either went back to EQ or just quit altogether.

Deleted
    Snip
    Good to see if you're ever so cancerous as per usual with the term "Retailers" '

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire elixirs for AQ? What?

Resistance gear or potions that was 'annoying' or basically required was mostly just frost resistance gear for Sapphiron. Considering frost runes were finite, there was more than enough time to prepare potions for Sapphiron by the time you got past the potential gear walls (if there will be any, I don't know). Shadow resistance potions were used on Loatheb, and weren't difficult to obtain. Nature resistance was a joke, and only really used on Huhuran. Had little use elsewhere. If you wanted the good gear you farmed the dragons, but you could get by with just Mara budget gear because of Huhuran's tuning (we did this because the Alliance guild on our server did 95% of green dragons). Fire resistance wasn't necessary, and/or was pretty easy to obtain. If you really needed resistance for Ragnaros, you could just MC and buff the people who needed it.

Not really sure how it's triggering to "retailers". Contents a joke and will be steam rolled.

In the event that there are gearing walls (which there might be) most people actually know how to get around them by now. World buffs and Felwood flowers weren't well known back then, so if a gearing wall is found people can just save their Onyxia, Hakkar, Rend buffs, abuse songlowers and have a lockout cleared prior to raid time for Diremaul. Wasn't even fucking common for people to use flask of the titans or flask of supreme power until late AQ40 and Naxx lol.'

There is ZERO mystery to how the game works. None of the encounters will be bugged (I hope not), and even garbage players by today's standards should be more than adequate for the insanely difficult mechanics that were thrown at us back then. Gear walls might exist, but most of them are going to be steam rolled through because of the buffs I listed above. Naxxaramas is probably the only thing that would stand up for a bit, and not because it's hard (yes I realize Onyxia Cloaks for Nefarian, but there are ways you can get around it, even if they fix the ability to LoS on P2 transition.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    the content was simple, not easy. naxx at 60 had damage going out similar to naxx at 80 even though your toon's health went up 3x. With DBM screaming at you when something is about to happen, you're left with the same things making raiding hard today that you had then. All those extra mechanics don't affect people as much because of DBM. It comes down to how punishing a mistake can be, and in naxx a mistake was very punishing. in mythic raiding today, a mistake is very punishing. it's less tedious now, but there is far less buildup to get to the goal.

the road to get to the goal is shorter, straighter and you are able to depend on yourself more than you used to

it all comes down to the game being less social, it's basketball now where every player's elite skill is worth that much more, instead of football where an elite QB doesn't have time to do jack shit if his OL doesn't protect him. lebron james can take over a game because he's 20% of the lineup on the floor and can affect every facet of the game, Tom Brady can't even do his job if receiver don't catch and linemen don't block, he's worth far less as an individual.

teamwork with 40 people vs teamwork with 20 people, each person matters more so if 2 die, it's a wipe, but you have 20 fewer people there to fuck something up, 20 fewer people to get attuned/geared, etc
    No it wasn't very punishing.

Mythic Maiden mistakes are more punishing than anything in all of Vanilla. M+ today is harder than anything vanilla threw at us.

We simply have better players, better tools and better access to information today than back then. Add the fact that today we've also had a decade to reflect on past raids and they will be a breeze. I'm calling it now, people will cry and point at any minute change to WoW Classic servers as the sole reason why all raids are razed in the first week of release.

Absurd title.

"Guts"... lol. I'm excited as fuck for Classic, and plan on raiding it, but what's the point of stirring shit or trying to trigger others? That's just asinine.

What do you think? Do you think that you can take this abuse before running back in tears to the caring arms of J. Allen Brack, your Kung Fu Panda, your Pokemon and LFR?
    Why are you trying to act tough? You're a gamer nerd, for Christ's sake.

I made this thread b/c there were threads by clueless retailers who thought that Vanilla raiding is trivial. Seems to me they are better off with their Pokemon in Retail.

It's the same with STVietnam. Half of the people who play Retail will have quit by level 36. They just can't take this level of abuse.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    I made this thread b/c there were threads by clueless retailers who thought that Vanilla raiding is trivial. Seems to me they are better off with their Pokemon in Retail.

It's the same with STVietnam. Half of the people who play Retail will have quit by level 36. They just can't take this level of abuse.
    It's a video game you loser...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjim View Post
    Well, according to OP's signature, he was 31y old in 2005, that makes him a good 44y old now.

And look how he acts. Condescending, arrogant, ridiculous. Some people grows better than others it seems.

(I was 15y old in Vanilla, i played a shadowpriest.)
    dont want to insult the op, but if he was rly 31 when vanilla was out, and had the time to spare to grind stuff for raids, he was probably a basement dweller and if hes acting this way with 45 years thats just more proof that he is one

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    dont want to insult the op, but if he was rly 31 when vanilla was out, and had the time to spare to grind stuff for raids, he was probably a basement dweller
    Virginity is still strong in op

the raid themselves were trivial when compared to modern day raiding (tactics wise), the pereparation on the other hand was just a tedious grindfest