Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Being a Paladin is much more than being a warrior with a certain spell set. Much more. And being some slimey little god king worshipping toady doesn't fit that bill.
    Absolutely. Fighting for a cause that you believe in against evil is necessary. With the rise of blood trolls summoning an old god, what would be a better time than now to show Zandalari Paladins off? It is a very close parallel to freethinkers fighting against Hakkar, the blood god.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Doing drugs is wrong because it's illegal!
    It's illegal because it's wrong!

You are unable to grasp the actual point of this thread.
    What on earth are you on about?
    Last edited by Vasaru; 2018-11-25 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    The fuck are you on about?

Whatever. I'm done with this shit.
    In the end it was nothing but that. Just like the years and years of demonhunter/tinkerer threads that we were forced to endure untill blizzard finally caved in and allowed demon hunters as a playable class.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Not sure what you are whining about, DK's get nothing.....

5+ Year Old Account
    In the end it was nothing but that. Just like the years and years of demonhunter/tinkerer threads that we were forced to endure untill blizzard finally caved in and allowed demon hunters as a playable class.
    The Dev Team wanted Demon Hunters at Vanilla Launch. Later it was Demon Hunters and Death Knights both being discussed alongside Necromancers before they went with Death Knights for WotLK. They didn't "Cave" in to player pressure. It's something they'd wanted to do for a -very- long time. Something they kept trying to do, realizing they didn't have the tech for, and then shelving until later.

That said, I hope they go with the player pressure for Zandadins 'cause they -did- say they were open to considering the playerbase's concerns about class availability, at Blizzcon.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Dev Team wanted Demon Hunters at Vanilla Launch. Later it was Demon Hunters and Death Knights both being discussed alongside Necromancers before they went with Death Knights for WotLK. They didn't "Cave" in to player pressure. It's something they'd wanted to do for a -very- long time. Something they kept trying to do, realizing they didn't have the tech for, and then shelving until later.

That said, I hope they go with the player pressure for Zandadins 'cause they -did- say they were open to considering the playerbase's concerns about class availability, at Blizzcon.
    Leave no player behind. It has been the downfall of the game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

5+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh... Yes. The game is dead.

Long live the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    You're*

and I don't think I run the game. I'm just having an opinion like everyone else.
    Well on my part, there is a bit of hypocrisy, but while you are just opposed because you seem to feel troll paladins is disgusting, meanwhile I'm disgusted that everyone in the fandom thinks that Night Elves are getting Paladins, just because one became one just recently, and only one the other 2 are either just not notable, while the other is literally just a priest with a shield, I MEAN COME ON, if any race should get Paladins it should be the Worgen, who's country participated in the war where the first paladins appeared meanwhile the NEs were on the other side of the side of the world either sleeping or hugging a god damn tree, in other words, I won't respect your argument unless you give another reason then "Because I think so"

This person is right. They wanted demon hunters for a very long time.

I remember them fighting between Death Knights and Rune masters in WotLK. Stated in an interview after Wrath that they had the idea for the rune system but wanted to do both classes. Death Knights being ... well Death Knights and Rune masters being a martial arts Styled class. In the end Death Knights won due to being more Iconic.

In the end, I guess we will never get Rune Masters since we got Monks and the overlap is great.

7+ Year Old Account
    All 'cause of some "Let's make this more like Vanilla WoW!" imperative.

Screw that! Gimme Dark Iron Shammies and Zandadins.

i don't think it because of this

they clearly know how people want it zandalari paladins but there are the alliance fanboys do complaint and claim Horde Bias because zandalari already are druids

so they remove paladins and also removed the shaman for DI so the horde could not complaint about, its "win win scenario"

in the end is just lose-lose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    in reality dark iron used mages to summon fire elementals, exactly like regular frost mages summon water ones
    not exactly, but this was the first time, after so many years living among all kind of elementals and being empowered by one give tot hen a grasp of shamanism

Spam Blizzard Twitter accounts every day from now until BFA reminding them about Paladin lore and Freethinkers and demand Zandalari Paladins.

This is how Dwarf Mage and Troll Warlocks were added during cata in the first place. People raised a humongous stink and they added them last minute.

Twitters to spam:

https://twitter.com/Warcraft

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent

Use the following tweet:

I know you want to go back to basics but Lore exists, make it happen
    https://tinyurl.com/y7x2qml9 and https://tinyurl.com/ycgj9kpz. Don't forget, warlocks were added to trolls in Cata. You've consistently showcased Zandalari Paladins since then as well - Prelates MoP ToT

These links go to the following:

This thread

A Reddit Thread with 100+ upvotes that also detail the exact same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

This is based on what facts? I personally think it was necessary but they went to far in wod.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Prelates existing is more due to breaking up the monotony of mobs which is why they aren't wearing full plate armor. Go thru the list of all the mobs in wow and you will see a bunch that have interesting named abilities. If they really wanted Zandalari to have paladins they would have seeded them in more places than just a single section of a floor in a dungeon.
    Except that each time Zandalaries appeared they had connection to paladins, or had mobs that used paladin abilities.
    In Vanilla they had freethinkers (though I agree that on that we could argue that it doesn't sound like a class, and it could've been dsimissed)
    in Cata they had Juggrnauts, a heavy warriors that used Holy spells.
    and in ToT we had Prelates. The most paladin-like mob.

I'm just pointing out that there is a record of Zandalari having warriors that use spells from Holy school of magic. Therefore paladin class fits their theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Boo hoo, my new mongoloid race can't be a shiny defender of hope. Consider it a gift that people will continue to mostly roll Belf Paladins as Horde since they're one of the only good lookin Horde races. Belfs are hard carrying the Horde with their OP racial and suave hair. Be more grateful.
    Not everyone wants to play as friggin Barbie. And Zandalari are priest caste society, they live in a city with templar complex. To not have priest-warrior class for them is stupid.

Being a Paladin is much more than being a warrior with a certain spell set. Much more. And being some slimey little god king worshipping toady doesn't fit that bill.
    Odd, because I could swear each major paladin figure started as priest that decided to pick a sword. Like Uther, Turalyon, later Liadrin and recently Delas Moonfang.

But I see that people are completely oblivious to the scope of power that Loas can grant.

Loas are not as limited as nelven ancients that they only gives powers from nature school, no.

Troll priests also aren't just shadow priests.

Shadra the venom Queen can grant powers from BOTH shadow and Holy school : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69132/hig...arli#abilities

Look it up.

How is that possible one could ask? Loas, especially from pantheon are powerful beings that can grant various powers.

Hell Zanza the Restless can boost trolls with Arcane powers!

Bwonsamdi the Loa of Death is also able to heal his subjects. He is not limited to mere death/soul aligned stuff.

This is what makes Trolls so versatile, their religion alone opens almost every door for them.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2018-02-19 at 12:33 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Yrel, @Ramz !

She was a priestess in training 'til she picked up a hammer and became a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Odd because I could swear each major paladin figure started as priest that decided to pick a sword. Like Uther, Turalyon, later Liadrin and recently Delas Moonfang.
    You'd be wrong if you even spent 30 seconds to double check. Part of the original Silver Hand order came from warriors trained in the ways of the light.

Like, for example... Tirion Fordring. Not a major paladin figure I realize, but he's up there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You'd be wrong if you even spent 30 seconds to double check. Part of the original Silver Hand order came from warriors trained in the ways of the light.

Like, for example... Tirion Fordring. Not a major paladin figure I realize, but he's up there.
    So Priests can become Paladins and Warriors can become Paladins.

And the Zandalari have Both!

So Priests can become Paladins and Warriors can become Paladins.

And the Zandalari have Both!
    Too bad they don't have Paladins.

You know who else can be Warriors and Priests, but not Paladins? Darkspear. Goblins. Gnomes. Pandaren. Worgen. Void Elves. Nightborne. If you only count playable races, Night Elves and Undead too.

There are more examples against this rule than there are examples of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

I would be but I am not?

I was just giving examples, I'm not saying that all knights of the silver hand were originally a priests. I'm just pointing that it was a trend, that keeps going even now.

Zandalai are priest caste their entire city is filled with various temples dedicated for each Loa, they have many High priests. It would be strange for Zandalari to not have order dedicated strictly to protect those temples, to enforce will of Loa, to guard God emperor, and many other various and interestic roles that aren carbon copy of Alliance knights.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure if this was already mentioned or not, but Alliance has just two races that can be druids. Horde will have four. I haven’t seen nearly as many Alliance players whining as much as Horde have been for paladins. I would trade dark iron dwarf paladins for gnome druids any day if the week.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You do realize that its a /Silly because its a joke right??
    Freethinkers.