Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Mobilize the Troops - Send a post a day to Blizzard Twitters - Zandalari Paladins

Let's remember that during Cata-prepatch, Dwarves did NOT have Mages, and Darkspear did NOT have warlocks until there was a big stink raised about them not getting new classes from the community. They were added last minute before the game went live. So if we make enough noise, we can change blizzard's mind.

Zandalari Paladin lore base exists in the game, moreso than rogue and warlocks if you look at Zandalari societ, previous NPCs, and Spells that exist in the game. This isn't a call to remove those, but rather a call to mobilize the troops for Zandalari Paladins.

Send Blizzard Twitter accounts a daily reminder every day from now until BFA reminding them about Paladin lore and Freethinkers and demand Zandalari Paladins.

Twitters to spam:

https://twitter.com/Warcraft

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent

Use the following tweet:

I know you want to go back to basics but Lore exists, make it happen
    https://tinyurl.com/ycgj9kpz. Don't forget, warlocks were added to trolls in Cata. You've consistently showcased Zandalari Paladins since then as well - Freethinkers, Zandalari Prelates in ToT, Light of the Loa

This link goes to the following:

A Reddit Thread with 100+ upvotes that also detail the exact same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

What a childish way to try and get what you want. Enjoy getting blocked by Blizzard's many twitter accounts.

No thanks.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

5+ Year Old Account
    Organizing a movement and petitioning aren't childish... They're basic tenets of western society.

Applying it to a company is incredibly common.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I feel like mass spamming twitter accounts is a good way to get blocked, and probably wont do much to generate goodwill to your cause, but that's just me .

no for two reasons:

first because I don't think zandalari should have paladins.

second because that's the stupidest most childish way I've ever seen of petitioning for something and it will only annoy people.

No thanks. Go outside. Blizzard needs to stop listening to casuals who try to brute force their opinion into existence. If you don't like the game, don't play it. They are in charge of making it, not you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd gladly give Zandalari Paladins, as long as the Alliance gets Druid added to one more race.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Zandalari Trolls might got paladins, it might be first race who might got all 6 classic classes. Yep i don't mean here Monk, DH and DK, i mean before WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    What a childish way to try and get what you want. Enjoy getting blocked by Blizzard's many twitter accounts.
    Childish to petition devs for features that should exist?

People like you are part of the problem. You're the reason the devs are slacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    I’ll admit I’m not too familiar with Zandalari lore to know about paladins, but the one that’s completely wrong is Dark Iron Dwarves somehow forgetting how to be shaman. They are the followers of Ragnaros and now, they just seem to have forgotten how to use the elements when they became an allied race. Sure, give Zandalari paladins and remind the Dark Iron that they are shaman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I’ll admit I’m not too familiar with Zandalari lore to know about paladins, but the one that’s completely wrong is Dark Iron Dwarves somehow forgetting how to be shaman. They are the followers of Ragnaros and now, they just seem to have forgotten how to use the elements when they became an allied race. Sure, give Zandalari paladins and remind the Dark Iron that they are shaman too.
    yes. Zandalari paladins and Dark iron shaman
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

People keep talking about Zandalari Paladin lore like it's some big thing. It's not. There's barely even enough lore for speculation, let alone an argument.

There are two points for Paladins: freethinkers and prelates.

1) Prelates. A random trash mob with no backstory has an ability that has the word "light" in it. Deep lore.

2) Freethinkers. A throwaway line of flavor text whose only connection to the light is that they're associated with a vanilla paladin raid quest. That's it. They're not said to be paladins, or even holy light users. They're name dropped in a quest. Deep lore.

There are stronger arguments to be made for Night Elf paladins, Undead paladins, Orc Priests, Human druids, hell even Blood Elf shamans and druids. But all of those sound absurd and have massive thematic conflicts, just like Troll paladins (who don't have any lore substance to them, unlike all the previous listed examples).

Night Elf Paladins: WC3 Priestess of the Moon and the Moonfangs.
    Undead Paladin: Sir Zeliek and indirectly Alonsus Faol
    Orc Priests: Necrolytes, Shadow Mages, progenitors of the modern shadow priest and forsaken priests
    Human Druids: Gilneans
    Blood Elf Shaman: Starion in Thousand Needles
    Blood Elf Druid: Eversong Forest lore, Nature mages, and Botanist Freywinn

What do the Zandalari have? Literally nothing but half-baked speculation. Why do people even care so much?
    Last edited by Larynx; 2018-02-18 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No thanks. Go outside. Blizzard needs to stop listening to casuals who try to brute force their opinion into existence. If you don't like the game, don't play it. They are in charge of making it, not you.
    What does this have to do with casual players???

Are you one of those..."special" people that believe because they mythic raid their opinion somehow means it has more weight?

This is by far the childish post here, and I think Opening Post telling people to spam twitter is childish also. But you took it to 11.

Bravo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    People keep talking about Zandalari Paladin lore like it's some big thing. It's not. There's barely even enough lore for speculation, let alone an argument.

There are two points for Paladins: freethinkers and prelates.

1) Prelates. A random trash mob with no backstory has an ability that has the word "light" in it. Deep lore.

2) Freethinkers. A throwaway line of flavor text whose only connection to the light is that they're associated with a vanilla paladin raid quest. That's it. They're not said to be paladins, or even holy light users. They're name dropped in a quest. Deep lore.

There are stronger arguments to be made for Night Elf paladins, Undead paladins, Orc Priests, Human druids, hell even Blood Elf shamans and druids. But all of those sound absurd and have massive thematic conflicts, just like Troll paladins (who don't have any lore substance to them, unlike all the previous listed examples).

If you actually know the lore the Zandalari really love the light and don't like shadow magic at all. They even despise rogues and see that way of fighting as cowardly. They prefer head first assaults with blunt force. Other trolls like the dark Spear value stealth, cunning, and shadow magic more. There is quite a load of lore on them and their culture.

In my honest opinion no one should listen to the data mined information. I mean for Christ sake if you did Dark Irons can also be death knights which is confirmed not going to happen. I think everything is just place holders for now, and they are using the dark spear trolls as the place holder.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is way more effective to make some popular and baity news site post something about it.

Imagine a Polygon article: "Blizzard retcons lore in the game World of Warcraft and goes back on future Horde Paladins."

It's not even the truth, but way more effective and clickbait'ish.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    If you actually know the lore the Zandalari really love the light and don't like shadow magic at all. They even despise rogues and see that way of fighting as cowardly. They prefer head first assaults with blunt force. Other trolls like the dark Spear value stealth, cunning, and shadow magic more.
    All you're doing is regurgitating and parroting "lore" you heard from somewhere else. It's like all you people copy and paste from a collective wiki or something.

There is quite a load of lore on them and their culture.
    Too bad there's no lore on them being paladins. Should be easy to find anything substantial if they actually exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    yes. Zandalari paladins and Dark iron shaman
    There has never been any Dark Iron shaman. You guys need to stop mixing being enslaved by an elemental lord and being able to call for help from the element itself. Dark Irons were and are mages and warlocks, not shamans. Both can use fire spells too, and mages can summon elementals, but unlike shamans, they force them to obey, bending them to their will, whereas shamans ask them to help, and the elements do it willingly. Shamanism is all about acting as moderator between the elements, and being close to nature. Dark Iron were always about making fire the superior one, as commanded by Ragnaros, and never gave a shit about nature. Hell, they're probably the closest Alliance race we've got to the goblins in terms of not giving a single shit about what happens with the nature.

So no, there's no reason to give Dark Irons shamans.

As for trolls paladins, I think the class was butchered enough with the addition of holy cows not to turn it even more stupid. The lore has been hurt enough in the past few years, please spare me the Loa Paladins, Elune Paladins, Undead Paladins and whatnot.

If I was going to waste my time bothering Blizzard, you can bet it would be for something much more important than stupid Zandalari Paladins.

Apparently people here don't know anything about history if they think petitioning and organizing a movement is "childish".

Doesn't mean it always works, but it's a valid method of protesting.

NO

it just doesnt make sense.