10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    Besides, if you read some of the federalist papers to find out the original intent of the founders, this amendment was passed by them to protect the people from a tyrannical government, i.e. overthrow the government if the government ever gets out of control. Think about that for a moment.
    Drones
    Tanks
    F-16
    F-22
    F-35
    B-1B
    B-2A
    B-52H

Good fucking luck.

There is nothing quite so delusional as someone who thinks that their guns are going to protect them from the US government if it decides to go batshit tyrannical.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-02-18 at 06:00 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Some people own thousands of pounds of guns, are they going to just hand them in? If US is compensating people for them, how big an expenditure would it be to compensate everyone for every gun? Would enough people even hand them in to make policing them practically possible?

With that in mind, the US should definitely be seeking any possible way to reduce the chances of shootings like this - From security, counsilling, etc - But the "TAKE AWAY THE GUNZ! vs YOU NO TAKE GUNZ!" slagging match just clouds out most chance of real discussion and debate.
    I am taking a wild guess here, but it would probably take a minuscule part of the US defense budget. You know, the one that is supposed to allocate for defense of US citizens. By spending less than 2% of the US defense annual budget, you can probably buy back all guns from private hands in the US in 10 years. Assuming an average price of $500 a piece. It is not like it has not been done before in other countries historically. For example, in some of the old soviet countries (including Russia) there is still a law that allows people to give up their guns (broken or operational) and receive a monetary reward for it. It is not that effective now, because rewards were a fixed amount and did not evolve as fast as they should, as well as there being much fewer gun owners now, compared to just after WW2. But even now, hypothetically speaking, if you "found a gun on the street" (WW2 stashes also qualify) or you are just tired of renewing license every year and want to get rid of a piece, you can give it to police for up to $100 or so. Same system is in Britain, Germany etc... In fact, British are trying to reintroduce this system with a new kick - anonymity of those who bring in guns. That means that even stolen guns would be legible for trade in for reward. It will not solve everything, sure. But it is a hell of a start to reduce numbers if other pieces of legislation follow in the same direction.
    PS: It seems like US has something similar, but only regarding illegal guns or those that were a part of a crime. It can be expanded.
    http://www.stopcrime.tv/gun-bounty-program/
    http://metrocrimestoppers.org/metro-...ounty-program/
    GUN BOUNTY PROGRAM
    Sergeant Kr Kinsey from Miami-Dade Police Department · 31 Jan
    One Gun+ One Arrest= One Grand
    Get $1000 CASH Reward if your tip leads to a person with an illegal gun
    No Name No ID No Questions
    305-471-TIPS (8477)
    www.crimestoppersmiami.com
    PPS: I have a feeling that at the very least 90% of US people never heard of that initiative. Which is a shame.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-02-18 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Pshhh, what a RINO cuck.
    /s

Have to give credit him for speaking outside of partisan rhetoric.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I’m not making assumptions about this guy. I am asking him what is taking away to him and then cites how most legislation is considered taking away. What’s most fucked is majority of people left and right want stricter background checks. So what happened? Oh nothing just nra lobbying because fuck people.
    Yeah, I am fine with stricter background checks... within reason of course. I'd have to judge on a case by case basis. If you're looking at it that way, then I can probably agree, if not entirely then to an extent at least. It's not an issue of "No guns at all" vs" "no background checks for guns", most people don't want a middle ground and it's almost always necessary for any real solution.

Not applying this to you, just explaining the context I was making my comment off of, I don't know how each and every person specifically feels, but I certainly appreciate you clarifying, that helps a lot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    There was an armed guard on the school campus at the time, he never encountered the shooter. Trump has also severely cut funding that gave schools money for security.

Any questions?

We're going to start sending young, irrational children to school with weapons? Yeah, most of them won't go on shooting sprees, but a part of me wants to see conservatives arm every kid in school just to laugh at them when it blows up in their faces because kids will inevitably get into fights and do stupid shit. Most of the time they only have their fists. Give them a gun and see how well it turns out. Have them do this little social experiment before I have kids and send them to school please though.
    lol so funny "we had garbage security so i guess security doesnt work"
    thats cute and all, but rather stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I've never seen anyone say "we're going to take all the guns and then never think about the underlying issues again". That is NRA conspiracy bullshit. What I HAVE seen is a lot of people calling for common sense shit, like background checks for all sales, no more private cash sales, not allowing the mentally ill to purchase them (this one was actually a law until the NRA made their GOP puppets rescind it last year, ironically those same GOP puppets are all over TV calling for "keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill").
    No, but they tend to mean harsher than they should be. What 'mentally ill' qualifies as is very poorly defined as well. For instance, should someone who likes hunting be banned from doing so because they suffer from mild depression? I mean it's just not that simple, and clear rules need to be defined in order for there to be a discussion about it, really. I do agree, at least, that stricter checks would be a good start, but at the same time we can't just jump the gun (no pun intended) on this and go too far, either.

The real issue here IMO again is that people need to take threats seriously instead of blowing people off. If someone says "I am going to kill myself" or "I am fantasizing about shooting people" then you need to take it seriously, even if they are blowing steam out of their ass for attention. When you ignore these kinds of things, you set yourself up for these kinds of situations. It may be one in a thousand for exceptionally disturbed individuals but one is all it ever is going to take for a tragedy like this to occur.

Just kind of saying, that gun availability isn't the primary issue here. But it still would help to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I’d like a source on the left vs right and mass shootings.
    He's probably going with most of the mass shootings are in poor black neighborhoods and are therefor "left" because these areas are almost always Democratic, as if any person who indiscriminately shoots up a street corner cares about social issues or economic policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is true. They have made decisions I do not agree with also. But it is still the law of the land and there is a process for changing it if we want to try.
    I concur I just don't think owning a gun is a basic human right seems a bit of a stretch since billions of people including Americans do not have a gun nor do they think about having one.

Whoa. There has been a shooting in Dagestan, Russian federal state, just a few hours ago. An attacker affiliated with ISIS (a search in his house found a recording with him swearing an oath to the Islamic State) managed to get a twin barrel shotgun and went to a local christian church. Managed to kill 5 people before police shot him dead. It is all over the news here in Europe. Madness and hate are contagious.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43105171

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    You're wrong about that. More than half of the shootings were conducted by leftists not right wingers. Both sides of the political spectrum are represented, so the point is mute. This is not a left vs right issue. What do most, if not all, of the shooters have in common? They were a few cans short of a six-pack, i.e. mentally not ok. A few just lost it over something, but for the most part, it is sick people. Once we can come to terms about that instead of a statist left or a statist right is at fault, then maybe we can come up with a way to keep the guns away from whackadoos.
    I remember when someone before tried to "prove" that half of the school shootings were done by the left, and they sent a bunch of links that basically proved nothing. The fact is, that the political affiliation of school shooters has either been right wing or unknown, and the right just assumes that unknown = left because they have to somehow make the illogical conclusion that the left loves guns when that's not happening at all, lol.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Florida teen shooting survivors announce 'March for Our Lives' demonstration in Washington
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/flori...ry?id=53178265

https://www.marchforourlives.com/

I am sure Trump will see this as some kind of celebration of his greatness.
    Good. Now the Republicans can't hide behind "Let people grieve!" and "Don't politicize a tragedy" since the victims are the ones leading the charge.

It's sad that kids have to be the ones fighting this battle because adults are too retarded and/or paid off to do shit about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I remember when someone before tried to "prove" that half of the school shootings were done by the left, and they sent a bunch of links that basically proved nothing. The fact is, that the political affiliation of school shooters has either been right wing or unknown, and the right just assumes that unknown = left because they have to somehow make the illogical conclusion that the left loves guns when that's not happening at all, lol.
    Every shooting the clueless on the right whip out a meme/list and emit a cry like no other. Just had someone try this earlier today with me. It's a shame such a fact-free meme/list keeps getting passed around and assumed to be true.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Pshhh, what a RINO cuck.
    /s

Have to give credit him for speaking outside of partisan rhetoric.
    Odd he is talking like this, yet I have not heard him push for universal back ground checks here in Ohio. If he has, I never heard it over the course of over 7 years he has been governor here. Kasich is foremost a politician who will react according to how he feels the public sentiment is. Like all of them.

He is still a little butt hurt too he lost the Primary to Trump ( he did win Ohio however in the primary ). I do however, hope he runs against S. Brown (D) this fall for US senator. His odds would be good on winning, as he is pretty popular here.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-02-18 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    He's probably going with most of the mass shootings are in poor black neighborhoods and are therefor "left" because these areas are almost always Democratic, as if any person who indiscriminately shoots up a street corner cares about social issues or economic policy.

Those are an entirely different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, yeah, no shit, lol. I didn’t suggest that.
    you made a blanket statement saying that people with mental illness should not be allowed to carry gun. However when it came to criminals you said "certain criminals" should not be allowed to have guns. Meaning you aren't lumping all criminals into the same camp.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Our form of politics and the way the media projects their agendas will keep the US (it’s citizens) from changing anything. Never a rational discussion to come to a commonplace. Always a childish argument that goes nowhere. It’s like clockwork and the majority apparently can’t see it. As far as we are divided the more control they have on us.

Those are an entirely different issue.
    I doubt that are really that different of an issue. Shitty people shoot people down, on the corner or in a school. Politics means very little seeing as there are plenty of tea-partiers who don't shoot up blocks and there are plenty of antifa who haven't shot up a counter-protest.

Guess I have to stop being so harsh on America. Perhaps there is still a chance they'll learn from this. I think this video is rather uplifting. That girl made more sense than most gun fanatics on here. I wonder...

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Guess I have to stop being so harsh on America. Perhaps there is still a chance they'll learn from this. I think this video is rather uplifting. That girl made more sense than most gun fanatics on here. I wonder...
    We have a chance. Once all the old fucks die off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    We have a chance. Once all the old fucks die off.
    That's incidentally the only thing I kept thinking. There's an entire generation of kids growing up with a looming threat of school shootings in the US. I wonder what their reaction will be once they are in charge.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.