Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yeah I agree ofc. But you wouldn't believe how many completely clueless retailers (kiddies) there are waiting to hop on the Vanilla bandwagon thinking they they are going to faceroll all content just as they do with Retail.

These guys are in for a nasty surprise.
    Just like when you start living in the real world i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Take away their addons. They sink very quickly.
    Give vanilla fanboys 5-9 button rotation while doing x10 time more mechanics. They quit even quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because no one in Vanilla used addons, right?

Real question. What stops me from outsourcing the majority of this by paying people in B.net balance via carry gold from live?

Heavy rain in Hillsbrad Foothills always makes me feel at peace:

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Real question. What stops me from outsourcing the majority of this by paying people in B.net balance via carry gold from live?
    Nothing, but it is beside the point since you simply don't need that much, it's a bait thread.
    There are enough mats to cover several nights of raiding.
    Speciation Is Gradual

which is why i do heroic raiding with no add-ons *unless you count 3d portraits and sometimes when i feel like a damage meter* and even have delved into some mythic bosses with no add ons.
    and i still think i play better then most of the player base who uses add-ons
    *i personally think they make people worse players because it allows them to be lazy*

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ream/kanrethan
    *a little wonky it seems with race change*

by no means do i think i am a legendary player, i hardly try and will jump around specs, even got a legendary parse *on lootonar*
    i do not min/max always, but will lean towards it most of the time

current tier, haven't done mythics since wod, but still done them with no add-ons when i did as i refuse to raid with add-ons other then maybe a damage meter sometimes
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2018-02-18 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why you think Susan express had her empire during 2004-2010? So much mindless grinding to do for those Chinese prisoners XD
    I lol'd. They are still at it. You wouldn't believe how much of that we had at Nostalrius.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Stop it u heretic. Everything gonna be just like old days. We gonna go out and buy the cds from store, play with crt monitors, play on 56k modems, we will not be linked with bnet, classic will reach 55 million players #NOCHANGES

I've raided in vanilla quite recently and the insane amount of farming you need to do for the raids is the only thing that's really off-putting. You farm more than you raid pretty much. It's one thing I'm glad they changed in TBC and onwards, you still had to do some farming but it wasn't a two whole bags of consumables you had to carry with you just to be able to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    the content was simple, not easy. naxx at 60 had damage going out similar to naxx at 80 even though your toon's health went up 3x. With DBM screaming at you when something is about to happen, you're left with the same things making raiding hard today that you had then. All those extra mechanics don't affect people as much because of DBM. It comes down to how punishing a mistake can be, and in naxx a mistake was very punishing. in mythic raiding today, a mistake is very punishing. it's less tedious now, but there is far less buildup to get to the goal.

the road to get to the goal is shorter, straighter and you are able to depend on yourself more than you used to

it all comes down to the game being less social, it's basketball now where every player's elite skill is worth that much more, instead of football where an elite QB doesn't have time to do jack shit if his OL doesn't protect him. lebron james can take over a game because he's 20% of the lineup on the floor and can affect every facet of the game, Tom Brady can't even do his job if receiver don't catch and linemen don't block, he's worth far less as an individual.

teamwork with 40 people vs teamwork with 20 people, each person matters more so if 2 die, it's a wipe, but you have 20 fewer people there to fuck something up, 20 fewer people to get attuned/geared, etc
    What's this idea that DBM makes stuff easy? First, boss mods were already a thing in vanilla (and addons in general were more powerful than today) and second it doesn't stop bosses like Helya, KJ or Argus from causing hundreds of wipes. DBM doesn't play the game for you.

"It would ruin the economy!!", no wait it would actually make the economy thrive :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I guess? It's supposed to be insulting I think.
    We should start using "WoW Basic" as a counter. #StartThePetition

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I won't deny that they are needed (although there is plenty missing) but the idea that you need all of that at once and in such a huge quantity is rubbish.
    You vastly underestimate the consumables used for Vanilla raiding.

Why would stores get triggered by vanilla raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Because no one in Vanilla used addons, right?
    Blizzard increases complexity, but the addons nerf complexity. So it just becomes down to a successful run having members with the latest addons.

I just think it's funny when people say Retail runs are more complex. Give them Vanilla addons only, DBM, threat meters. Watch them fail.

Retail addons tell you where to stand, when to cast, when to not cast, when to run, who to run to, who not to run to, when to use items, when to group up, or separate, etc, etc etc.

Addons existed in Vanilla. But generally it was up to the player to watch for indications of something happening, beyond a dong sound. It was up to the player how the fight should be handled. And how to not die.

Do retailers really need an addon to tell them not to stand in front of a dragon breathing fire? Yes, they do. Vanilla veterans would not need such advice.

Would veterans need to be told to move? naw To be told when to group? not really. When to click, or use an item in their inventory? Vanilla is social based, so even the shittiest runs use voice chat, Discord. Even then, the majority of people you run with are people you ran with before.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-02-18 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard increases complexity, but the addons nerf complexity. So it just becomes down to a successful run having members with the latest addons.

I just think it's funny when people say Retail runs are more complex. Give them Vanilla addons only, DBM, threat meters. Watch them fail.
    You mean the addons that could automate the entire rotation without clipping? How exactly is that gonna make them fail?

"Retailers" roflstomp through Classic raiding on a weekly basis, so yeah, I'd say we have the guts and then some to "withstand" that shit.

Classic Zealots gon' keep making up bullshit points until the very last I guess, but the day is drawing closer when you won't be able to say "You weren't there, man!!" anymore and players will be able to login and check you on your BS without jumping through Private server hoops.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-18 at 11:24 PM.

Dude, can you please stop posting responses and threads on this forum as if you're the shit? You're a mediocre hunter at best that can follow the simple full/clip rotation and not stand in the fire.

Also, none of those mats cost any real amount of gold atm.
    Elemental water is less than 10 silver each
    elemental earth is less than 50 silver each
    Fire oil is less than 50 silver each
    Fire Bloom is less than 10 silver each
    Heart of fire is 20-25 silver each

The only reason they are now being stocked in significant quantity, is because you know for a fact what is needed for the next raid.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You vastly underestimate the consumables used for Vanilla raiding.
    Considering I raided hardcore throughout vanilla, I kinda think i'm not. There are enough mats for many raids worth of greater firepower elixirs. To even suggest you are taking that many is hilarity beyond measure.

As a Mage maining raid leader, most of these would not be expended fully after raids, usually not even close to running out.

40-80 Mana Pots
    Maybe 20 Healing Pots depending on encounter/healers
    20 Greater Dreamless Sleep for select occasions
    20-30 Resist Pots of X type, more depending on farm status
    ~10 Wizard Oil / Mana oil depending on fight
    4-6 Flasks of Supreme Power
    20-30 Greater Firepower Elixir, more depending on farm status
    20-30 Arcane Elixir, more depending on farm status
    40 of selected food buffs

Even if I ever used all of that up, which I practically never did, it still doesn't come close to the number that the op is showing in their little bullshit screenshot.

Far more space was taken up by stuff like Arcane Powder and Teleport/Portal Runes than by any of the combat consumables.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-02-18 at 11:29 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual