Poll: Are you ready for Warcraft 4

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on WC4 years ago. WoW is what Blizzard intends for the story to progress and it brings in insane ammounts of money, not comparable to what an RTS would.

However, I'm still very excited for a WC3 remake, as it seems realistic and experiencing the campaign for that game with more recent tech, mechanics and graphics would be wonderful. Bonus points if they retouch the old Cinematics aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Are you stupid? I don't hate wow.
    right you just hate
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    ...where all these space ships, robots, portals etc...
    lots of wow.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Except its not. But yeah. Interesting post
    Well yeah, it is - apart from korea -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Technically, isn't Battle for Azeroth the 4th war?
    5th or 6th actually.

4th was the War that started from around end of Wrath to End of MoP

5th will either be the war between A and H started either at Stormheim or Silithus

or

Will be classed as a the war between Azeroth and Legion in Legion (Since 3rd war was between Azeroth and Legion/Scourge not Horde vs Humans/Alliance liked first two)

Been ready for it since the end of the Frozen Throne xpac to Wc3!

10+ Year Old Account
    since almost everyone who played wow was because wc3, i doubt anyone here doesn't want wc3, specially with how fucked lore became because of the mmo format that really kill any hope of meaningful progress in warcraft universe
    our playable characters reached absurd lvl with fighting a fucking titan, a sick weakened titan soul but still a fucking titan (argus), the only challenge left to us right now is literally the void lords, who were created just this expansion in first place (yes n'zoth is still alive, but after beating a titan n'zoth should be at best a dungeon boss)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    I think what Warcraft IV was supposed to be is a World OF Warcraft. story of Warcraft continues in WoW. so that's it.
    u can't create 'Arthas' in wow, so maybe general themes but for sure story of RTS where u can make anything u want (kill Kel'thuzad, rez him as lich, end the sunwell etc) can't happen in a mmo format
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

There would be a huge conflict between the story Warcraft 4 (and probably the future dlcs) gonna tell and the WoW's ongoing lore.
    I doubt that they make Warcraft 4 a prequel or any sort of spin off and I don't think we can have 2 games with the same story line, so the best we gonna get is probably a remaster of Warcraft 3 or maybe even the whole trilogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Card based games were fairly dead unstil hearthstone came along too. All it takes is a really good game to revive a genre even if its just temporarily for a few years. Having a massive brand like Warcraft behind it helps too. Warcraft 4 would sell at least twice as much as Starcraft 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at it this way. Halflife 3 could release and be dogshit and it would still sell 10m copies based on the hype/legend surrounding it at this point. Warcraft 4 is almost at the same level of saturation as halflife 3 is.
    Disagree, hf3 'hype' is the highest hype/legend in gaming right now because there was actual progress/work on it, wc4 is confirmed multiple times as dead, zero progress, zero plan on it, not only that but wow is confirming that they never will do wc4 either
    hf3 had at least 2 studios worked on it then dropped for whatever reason (u can find details on youtube about that, including interviews with Gabel himself), on reverse u can't ever find even an 'idea' of wc4 in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

u can't create 'Arthas' in wow, so maybe general themes but for sure story of RTS where u can make anything u want (kill Kel'thuzad, rez him as lich, end the sunwell etc) can't happen in a mmo format
    Yeah but what are they going to do? Make a whole new game just to recreate the events that couldn't be shown in a mmo? Because we all know they aren't going to give up on WoW any time soon

Personally far more immersive from a story telling aspect than WoW along with it being focused on one gameplay type.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    If they ever do a Warcraft 4, it's likely going to be the same system of success that Blizzard has already used, imo. They'll use the RTS to create a cohesive story, and then explore those plot elements further in WoW. Wouldn't be surprised if WC4 is set in the past or even the distant past, introducing new perspectives on the Light vs Void conflict.
    I would like to see things from the perspectives of the heroes. Would be a great way to get people to see the events that have taken place in over a decade and even potentially bring in new customers to WoW who want to continue to the story.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2018-02-18 at 11:21 PM.

I think a remaster is likely the first step in a WC4. I mean lets face it a LOT of people are to young these days to know WC1 and WC2 and WC3 is getting there. So you drop a remaster of the 3 and suddenly that story and such is brought to the current generation. Then you gauge response and see where it goes.

As far them not making a WC4 while WoW is still going I just have to say why not? I mean they make books that tell the story of WC outside of WoW. Why could they not have a RTS that runs a story along side WoW as well? Tons of examples of franchises being able to run side by side products of the same franchise and be perfectly ok.

But do I think a WC4 is coming anytime soon (2-3 years soon).. no.. no I don't. I think a remaster of at least 3 is. Maybe the others as well. But 3 for sure. If you are asking if I want a WC4, then well.. FUCK YEAH I DO... but I think I am ok with not thinking its coming. Its win win. If it doesn't than I am ready. If it does I am shocked and surprised in all the right ways.

If it means dismissing WoW or ceasing to create content for it, then I am adamantly against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Since there is gonna be some sorta WC3 event at the end of this month. I was wondering if people are ready if Blizzard finally launched a WC4?
    I know i am, i just hope it will be like WC3. Where multiplayer will have 1000's of different maps that people have made!
    If WC4 story includes 1,2,3 and Vanilla wow prior to TBC, than sure. I'd play it. If not I'll purchase it for the game loot for WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Not happening. SC is the RTS brand of Blizzard - however desolate it may be. It wouldn't make sense to launch another brand to compete with your own.

EDIT: Current.
    Unless they are making SC3, WC4 wouldn't compete with SC2. SC2 is basically done outside of DLC, and people who buy SC2 DLC aren't going to stop buying it just because Blizz makes another RTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, WC4 can also be about (Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, Legion)
    Why should it be used for any new lore when they can use WC4 to tell us those expansion their lore in a RTS style?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

the invitation was for the new game mode on BFA that takes pieces of warcraft 3 so they want to test it with people they trust

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for WCIII remastered. What would really make my day is if they redid the voice lines and made it less retconny, because a lot of stuff in WoW muddles with the events of WCIII, so it would be nice to make it retroactively consistent with the Chronicles/current lore.

Example: Kael and Tyrande et al being very polite and even nice to each other when they meet. Considering the absolute distaste blood elves and night elves have for each other in WoW, it would be nice if they consistently didn't like one another. I'm not even sure the whole "blood elves were once night elves" was even a thing when WCIII was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Tbh, WC4 can also be about (Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, Legion)
    Why should it be used for any new lore when they can use WC4 to tell us those expansion their lore in a RTS style?
    Wc3 with HD graphics with WoW campaign mode. Fuck it, I would pay even 150$ if I had to... or even 250$ for collector's edition.

Quote Originally Posted by aluswina View Post
    the invitation was for the new game mode on BFA that takes pieces of warcraft 3 so they want to test it with people they trust
    I don't really think so... Just because they say so in Blizzcon it doesn't mean that mode will be the same as Wc3. There's no way that they could do that in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by aluswina View Post
    Yea...no.

This is basically the same thing they did with SC:Remastered.

Deleted
    I don't trust Blizzard to make WC4 and frankly given the absolute mess they've made of WC3's on going remaster so far I doubt they would know where to begin. I do not trust neo-blizzard.

I want a Warcraft RTS mobile game pls