Deleted

Need good TV show

Hi. Just finished The Punisher and I kinda have nothing to watch so I'm asking you if you can recommend me some good TV show.

I have only two requirements:
    - it has to be good (good story, good music, good acting, good scenography, not treating average viewer as 15 y/o kid (so they don't explain obvious stuff over and over...), etc)
    - the story has to be constantly continued. Each episode has to be just continuation to previous episode, like for example: The Punisher, Dark, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, etc! I'm not looking for series where each episode has its own story that ends happily (or not) by the end of the episode while the main story is sloowly developed through entire season (i.e: House M.D, White Collar, Big Bang Theory, etc.).

Please recommend me something. I kind of fell in love with good TV series and I become more and more demanding, and problem is I'm kinda running out of The Good TV Shows...

Thanks

housewives of beverly hills

Dr Phil

Oprah

Ellen

im still enjoying Last Man on Earth. Its Always Sunny. Archer.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head, first two recomendations would be Orphan Black and Mr Robot. Two of the best TV shows in YEARS, maybe ever.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Boku No Pico

Quote Originally Posted by Nostrix View Post
    Hi. Just finished The Punisher and I kinda have nothing to watch so I'm asking you if you can recommend me some good TV show.

I have only two requirements:
    - it has to be good (good story, good music, good acting, good scenography, not treating average viewer as 15 y/o kid (so they don't explain obvious stuff over and over...), etc)
    - the story has to be constantly continued. Each episode has to be just continuation to previous episode, like for example: The Punisher, Dark, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, etc! I'm not looking for series where each episode has its own story that ends happily (or not) by the end of the episode while the main story is sloowly developed through entire season (i.e: House M.D, White Collar, Big Bang Theory, etc.).

Please recommend me something. I kind of fell in love with good TV series and I become more and more demanding, and problem is I'm kinda running out of The Good TV Shows...

Thanks
    Altered Carbon on netflix
    Godless was a gem if you like the gritty west

If you have Amazon Prime or HBO go - The Sapranos. I also liked Bosch and Man In The High Castle on Prime.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I continue to believe The Wire is the best show ever made, and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who asks for TV show recommendations.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Expanse was enjoyable to me, 2 seasons on Prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I continue to believe The Wire is the best show ever made, and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who asks for TV show recommendations.
    It was good for 3 seasons, IMO then it went off the rails.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Netflix originals:

Altered Carbon
    Bojack Horseman

Both are outstanding shows.

Grace and Frankie is good and fits your criteria, although it is comedy rather than drama.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Seriously, just so incredibly good.

Peaky fookin Blinders!

Though the first season is a little ropey it does get alot better and the acting from Cillian Murphy is fucking superb!

Most of the netflix originals fall in to that category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    It was good for 3 seasons, IMO then it went off the rails.
    Season 4 was also excellent.

Season 5 was weaker because of the absurdity of the serial killer storyline but otherwise I still thought the season was still good. The newspaper/media angle was very well done and is still highly relevant today. Despite it being the weakest season, I still wasn't enough to dethrone it as the best television I've seen.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be the first here to recommend The Good Place. Two seasons, currently airing, bloody amazing performances with whip-smart writing and clever twists.

If you haven't watched them already, Breaking Bad seasons 1-5 and the 3 seasons of Better Call Saul currently out are, well, excellent.

Seasons 1-4 and 7 of Dexter are excellent, season 5 and 8 are alright and 6 is a bit of a train wreck.

Sopranos, of course.

If you want more Marvel stuff and haven't binged all of that your best mileage might be with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage for A+ Quality. Agents of SHIELD also starts fairly episodic and spins its wheels quite a bit but you find out and understand why about two thirds of the way into season 1, at which point it becomes very serialized and tells pretty awesome stories.

Altered Carbon on Netflix is basically awesome. A bit Blade Runner, a bit Cyberpunk, could either spawn new seasons or be an awesome one-and-done.

Man in The High Castle is a pretty gripping drama about an alternate history 1960's where the Japanese and Nazis won world war 2, invaded the United States and divided it into the Greater Nazi Reich and the Japanese Pacific States. 2 seasons in, great characters and worldbuilding, intriguing what-if scenario.

The 100 tells a surprisingly deep and rich story about people on an Arc space station resettling a ruined Earth after a nuclear apocalypse.

The Expanse is two seasons in, still going strong and telling a pretty amazing blend of Space opera, action, political drama and noir detective show. Give that a look.

If you've never watched it Battlestar Galactica is four seasons of heavily serialized scifi awesomeness.

In case you've never watched it and you don't mind some mid-90's CGI issues, Babylon 5 is a seminal classic of serialized scifi storytelling.

Walking Dead is 8 years in, that's heavily serialized as well. Fear the Walking Dead just hit the end of year 3 too if that's your cup of tea.

Anyway that's just me rattling off some of the better scripted stuff I've seen over the years.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2018-02-19 at 01:49 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Adding my vote for Altered Carbon. Loved it! Really hoping for another season.

1. Fargo

it's a crime drama with very dark humor elements. amazing characters, music, and a continuous storyline.

but it is an anthology series so every season it's a new story, in the same tone.

2. Bojack Horseman

an animated comedy, with a satirical look at hollywood, and a lot of existential philosophy that's much deeper than it first appears

3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

a comedy about a housewife who's left by her husband, and then she goes to pursue a career in being a stand up comic, in the 50s

it's hilarious, with one of the best performances of the decade by Rachel Brosnahan

4. This is us

A family drama about 3 siblings born on the same day, that spans 3 generations (kids, teens, adults) and their lives.

every single episode will make you cry, that's all.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-02-19 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peaky Blinders on Netflix is pretty good. Great acting and an interesting story involving a crime families rise to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer Park Boys
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!