Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mine are all in packages due to zero storage space for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Someone on the tfw2005 boards made a 3d diorama out of the Masterpiece Shockwave that homaged that cover. Drew on the shadows and highlights and everything.

I'll never be able to find it now of course.

Is this your Silverstreak? Alternators version.

I should get one of that mould, one of the few Alternators with a decent robot mode.

Yea, that was it, Alternators, couldn't remember the name of the line. I have the Grimlock too @Endus even if it is kind of a sad non-dino car. Hound was a good one because his alternate vehicle was still a jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    That would be pretty interesting I thought either Motor Master or Ultra Magnus who was the favorite to take over for Optimus before that Hot Rod hehe.
    Transformission Motormaster and Menasor combined mode below. I think these are all available now.

There's more coming out this year though from different 3P manufacturers, with a more G1 aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Beast wars is still my all time favorite TF series who doesn't like a transformer quoting Shakespeare while fighting and of course the universal chew toy that was Waspinator.

Also Like Mormolyce I collect too but I only collect Decepticons still waiting to find a one piece to finish my Combiner wars set.
    Seen the new Masterpiece Dinobot?

I don't really collect BW, but I have their Cheetor, he's really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Optimus is A> a pickup and not a big-rig, and B> made of argh;

It's not even just that he looks pretty eh, compared to Jazz and Grimlock his transformation is more awkward and fiddly and doesn't hold together nearly as well, in either robot OR vehicle mode.
    I have the Kiss Players version of Alternators Prime (you don't want to know). Definitely one of the better moulds.

I especially like his surfboard sword :P

Do most of the people who have them keep them in the box or take them out?, because I keep mine in the box.
    I think 80s G1 toys in original boxes are worth a lot, several grand in some cases. More recent stuff, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, that was it, Alternators, couldn't remember the name of the line. I have the Grimlock too @Endus even if it is kind of a sad non-dino car. Hound was a good one because his alternate vehicle was still a jeep.
    They always seem to get Hound right. I guess it's hard to mess up a Jeep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transformission Motormaster and Menasor combined mode below. I think these are all available now.

There's more coming out this year though from different 3P manufacturers, with a more G1 aesthetic.

[/IMG]
    That is awesome!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Seen the new Masterpiece Dinobot?

I don't really collect BW, but I have their Cheetor, he's really awesome.

I think 80s G1 toys in original boxes are worth a lot, several grand in some cases. More recent stuff, not really.
    Man Motormaster looks sweet af.

Also yea I saw it he looks really like his cartoon counterpart more than his older moulds ever did I have the Transmetal 2 version some where in a old moving box but he looks really sweet.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2018-02-19 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I stupidly passed up on a Bruticus set. Regret that so much.
    Yeah, my wife was awesome and bought be Devastator. The rest of the combiners are...okay, but they feel very "samey". I missed out on the Aerialbots tho, which was a bummer, but I happily got Bruticus. I think I may have missed Sixshot by a little bit...which makes me sad, but I got Soundwave, which frankly is a really good redo of the original toy.

The current direction of toys seems to be headed for a dumbed-down child-friendly direction...but we've been through this before so I'm hoping they change their minds on that after a couple years.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    i got a masterpiece last knight optimus, which apparently is nothing to be proud of.

but i have always wanted Devastator. either G1 or the more pose-able combiner wars one

10+ Year Old Account

Small sample

- - - Updated - - -

Some more

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I had a lot of them as a kid. Back when they were made with metal parts. I wish I still had them, I'm sure they're worth a fortune now. I had tubs and tubs of those things under my bed.

I really like the Bay movies as far as the transformers go. The human side is...eh. I couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I am really jelly of your Tripicton from titan masters return saw it in a store did not buy it was big regret for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really jelly of your Tripicton from titan masters return saw it in a store did not buy it was big regret for me.
    I was glad I got the reissue and the titans return version. The fort max is stupidly sized

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah, my wife was awesome and bought be Devastator. The rest of the combiners are...okay, but they feel very "samey". I missed out on the Aerialbots tho, which was a bummer, but I happily got Bruticus. I think I may have missed Sixshot by a little bit...which makes me sad, but I got Soundwave, which frankly is a really good redo of the original toy.

The current direction of toys seems to be headed for a dumbed-down child-friendly direction...but we've been through this before so I'm hoping they change their minds on that after a couple years.
    There's a Zeta-Ex Masterpiece scale Aerialbot set that's in the works at the moment, I think Air Raid and one or two others are out already:

There's also a Fans Toys version but they're all in the prototype stage so far.

I imagine the whole set will be in the $500 plus range though :P

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    i got a masterpiece last knight optimus, which apparently is nothing to be proud of.
    You mean MPM-04? I thought he was based on Prime's appearance in the previous films.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Mormolyce Airstrike has been reportedly riddled with QC issues. Expect a new version in the works

Born in '78 so generation 1 transformers were my thing. Watched the cartoon religiously. Was very VERY heartbroken when Optimus Prime died. And again when he died in that episode where one of those (just cannot remember the name) tentacle turning faces thing made him obey but he broke free...

I bawled my eyes out. That was also when I no longer could watch transformers. Optimus Prime was my ultimate hero for a long long time.

I still have my generation 1 optimus prime and many of those transformers that could merge (abomination or superior etc)
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2018-02-20 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I srsly hope you're not 18+
    I srsly doubt you are 20+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Born in '78 so generation 1 transformers were my thing. Watched the cartoon religiously. Was very VERY heartbroken when Optimus Prime died. And again when he died in that episode where one of those (just cannot remember the name) tentacle turning faces thing made him obey but he broke free...

I bawled my eyes out. That was also when I no longer could watch transformers. Optimus Prime was my ultimate hero for a long long time.

I still have my generation 1 optimus prime and many of those transformers that could merge (abomination or superior etc)
    Dark Awakening! With the Quintessons

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Awakening

Last edited by Benomatic; 2018-02-20 at 11:24 AM.

Dark Awakening! With the Quintessons

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Awakening

Thank you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought first we were to talk about transformers, you know, as in the electrical supply business.

And well, for the franchise, I honestly can't recall them all. Used to like Jetfire, Soundwave and Shockwave.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I srsly doubt you are 20+
    I am actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I srsly hope you're not 18+
    What a surprise, Gimlix is being judgemental again.