Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    I was thinking of ways of implementing a Tank or Healer spec to the class, but it just doesn't seem to fit within the archetype. Also considering the classes released after Classic launch has had either a tank, healer or both specs available, so I don't think that another pure would hurt :-)
    Don't misunderstand; I am not saying one is impossible, wouldn't work, or even shouldn't be added... I am just saying we don't need one. Another healing class or tank class will always benefit World of Warcraft as a whole, but a pure DPS class is just going to saturate queues negatively. In a perfect world, all new classes will have the option of tanking or healing, but that's not to say it's necessary nor that the world is perfect.

I'm just responding to the comment that "this class is exactly what WoW needs!" and I'm disagreeing on principle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    That's just me and if you actually like the idea of a tinker or a necromancer class being added to the game I am perfectly fine with that. I just don't think that any of those are as attractive as a dark ranger concept would be. And yeah, again, that's just my personal taste.

However I can completely agree with you on the fact that a pure DPS class is something that the game is currently missing. And sure I am no blizz class designer but I bet they could come up with an original concept (that would still make sense) for a healing spec that's based on some dark / shadow / lifestealing power resource instead of the light. A tank spec would be great too. I don't think it's impossible. Perhaps unconventional and a little bit hard to imagine, but definitely not impossible.
    Sorry if my response was a little bit over the top there, thanks for the open minded reply. I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Dark Ranger ultimately is something that can work, it's not my primary choice but it's up there in terms of potential classes that could be added to this game and not simply exist by leeching abilities off other classes. It's a unique class and there is enough appeal that it could work.

I'm still strongly towards tinkers being added next, but I think the next hero class could absolutely be dark/void rangers. In the meantime though, we should consider how we can make it a more varied class with the potential of tanking and/or healing.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Sorry if my response was a little bit over the top there, thanks for the open minded reply.
    It was okay. I am always way over the top so I don't really mind!

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Don't misunderstand; I am not saying one is impossible, wouldn't work, or even shouldn't be added... I am just saying we don't need one. Another healing class or tank class will always benefit World of Warcraft as a whole, but a pure DPS class is just going to saturate queues negatively. In a perfect world, all new classes will have the option of tanking or healing, but that's not to say it's necessary nor that the world is perfect.

I'm just responding to the comment that "this class is exactly what WoW needs!" and I'm disagreeing on principle.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I tend to think that a new healing/tanking class would not change queues much, except for the initial hype. I think that people who enjoys tanking or healing, already plays as such and those that don't will not change their mind based on a new class. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but we didn't see much of a spike in tank/healer queues when the Monk was added outside of the initial release (atleast it didn't seem like it). I could be wrong though :-)
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.