Thread: Gold Inflation

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there isn't people are doing what they did in garrisons in class halls, 10-20 alts, run them all through argus, gear up with 30/50/x gear on followers, usually get 2 1k+1750g gold missions per day, so 5500*10 toons = 55k a day, 1 mill in under 20 days.

blizzard failed completely at stopping this lol.
    this is insane though nobody is really doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Gold sinks are just stupid because they didn't really put a dent of those who have 100m gold and very much hurt those who don't have an huge amount; the only way to really sink golds is to apply a tax per transaction based on the amount of gold owned by the account into a specific server.

For example dynamic prices/reward based on how much you had on that server, so a guy with 1M gold pay more than a guy with 10k and also get less from quests, boss and selling things to vendor, pay bigger fee at AH etc.
    Won't fix shit. You just create another account where you have only little gold and then use it for trading. And because of AH sniping majority of people w/ a lot of gold has multiple accounts anyway.

Gold sinks aren't stupid, they're needed, but we have too few of them and we have too many sources of effortless gold, mission tables are the worst offender, you can make up to 10k/day per char, usually it's ~6k/day, by clicking few buttons on your mobile phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Some people are. I'm too lazy to farm resources, so I'm only doing it on 4 characters atm, but I have 11 (almost 12) at 110 I could use

More on jumping on the bandwagon with it each week, just a lot of initial setup is all

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a ton of people doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Levelling alts is what many people do in this game, many people don't want to or can't do any form of end game content, so no raiding, no M+, nothing.

And, unlike garrisons that had 25 slaves w/ multiple traits so you had to spend a lot of time hiring them and optimising the comp, OH is extremely easy to manage and set up, the only PITA is slaves' equipment, ilvls are easy to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no, a number i dont have to read in combat is big, better make it smaller
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    More on jumping on the bandwagon with it each week, just a lot of initial setup is all

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    There are a ton of people doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Levelling alts is what many people do in this game, many people don't want to or can't do any form of end game content, so no raiding, no M+, nothing.

And, unlike garrisons that had 25 slaves w/ multiple traits so you had to spend a lot of time hiring them and optimising the comp, OH is extremely easy to manage and set up, the only PITA is slaves' equipment, ilvls are easy to get.
    WTF how much setup? might buy a month of game time to try and get that running.

There is no fix other than a reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    A reset wouldn't fix it. The people who have a lot of gold now would quickly amass gold again. It's incredibly short sighted.

The "I need something to spend my gold on" crowd should honestly just stop trying. You have stuff to spend gold on, even if you throw real money at Blizzard for all their products.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    oh no, a number i dont have to read in combat is big, better make it smaller
    This has always been my thought process around number squishes in general, considering all people did was look at a mod to tell what their DPS was and could see what their highest hit was.

Still don't understand the fascination of the game being better when you go from 2,000,000 to 2,000. If you can't read 3 zeroes you should be playing another game.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    blame the garison.. and the verious mission tables...

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Won't fix shit. You just create another account where you have only little gold and then use it for trading. And because of AH sniping majority of people w/ a lot of gold has multiple accounts anyway.

Gold sinks aren't stupid, they're needed, but we have too few of them and we have too many sources of effortless gold, mission tables are the worst offender, you can make up to 10k/day per char, usually it's ~6k/day, by clicking few buttons on your mobile phone.
    You need to create a different bnet account to avoid it and per se it’s already a huge limitation.

And gold sink are stupid because they can’t be forced on anyone, look at the mount that cost 1m only few bought it because they are collectors but how many rich didn’t?

The fatal flaw of gold sinks is that usually cannot be something vital for gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    You need to create a different bnet account to avoid it and per se it’s already a huge limitation.

And gold sink are stupid because they can’t be forced on anyone, look at the mount that cost 1m only few bought it because they are collectors but how many rich didn’t?

The fatal flaw of gold sinks is that usually cannot be something vital for gameplay.
    Mounts that cost so much aren't a goldsink, it's a one time purchase, it's a gimmick that doesn't remove that much gold from the economy anyway.

That's the thing, gold sinks are forced on people, 5% AH cut is forced on everyone, repair costs are forced on everyone. In the past there's talent swap cost, Blizz even tried to re-add it, but they caved in and kept it away from the game. We need more gold sinks. But no mission table stuff that spews out gold like crazy, but we're getting one in BfA as well, so it's not gonna happen >_>

And having another b.net acc isn't limiting your that much, being able to trade gold between two chars is the most important thing in this case and there's no restrictions.

Why is some people having couple of millions a problem anyway? The cost of daily stuff like pots, flasks, gems and so on is minimal. If you play the game a little bit you have no problem to buy any of that. You don't need a 2M gold spider mount or whatever. Even a repairmount like the Traveler's Mammoth doesn't cost the world. The "costs of living" hasn't increased that much at all.

It's not like a gem costs 1M or so. And it most likely never will. Because you need to sell plenty of gems, not one for one superrich.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder. Why is it a problem that some people can make a lot of gold? Just because they can afford 10k flasks doesn't mean that you can't afford the three you need for the raid evening, so to speak.
    Besides. No matter what the squish/reset/etc., the ones who can make a lot of gold will make a lot of gold again, they'll just be angrier for a short time while doing so. The ones who would get hit by any such approach the msot would be those who do not make a lot of gold, as their recovery from the reset/squish would take longer. That is probably why Blizzard didn't go for it yet.
    There's also another potential massive downside to removing gold from people. It would inflate the gold selling market to insane proportions. Of course, many accounts that would do that would get banned, but quite a few would fall through the cracks. I believe we do not want to get back to random lvl1s and hacked 110s /yelling URLs in Stormwind and Orgrimmar again.
    There really is no way that would get gold away from the ones who made a lot of it without hitting the ones who don't even more. You can't force them to buy stuff from nonmandatory gold sinks. You can't force them to stay poor after a gold reset/squish. You can't introduce mandatory gold sinks, as that would gate stuff from those who don't have gold to pay for it. You might want to introduce gold cap on a transaction, but that would only create market for rare nonbound items that would stand in for currency (GW1 paying in "ectos" says hello). Etc.

All in all. Someone has a lot of gold. Good on them. It doesn't really hurt you, as your daily expenses for WoW gameplay can be made up by a few world quests alone, and are fully independent on how much gold they have. So you can't afford the NOPE mount. Why does it matter, anyway? You can always get fancy stuff that isn't bought, whether it is old raid mounts that drop every other blue moon, PvP rewards, or what have you. They can't buy it either, so...

Why is it a problem that some people have a lot of gold?

It takes a lot of time and effort for the setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    blame the AH...
    fixed your flaw. people had millions long before wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    How short sighted and ignorant a post.

They could reset everyone down to 0 0 0, and people would inevitably get back to gold cap. "There is no fix" Yeah there is, remove all of the options people use to get that much gold. Take all the gold away but not the ways to make it, people will make it all back.

But you take away all the ways to make gold, people will find other ways, or go back to buying it from chinese gold farming sites like so many people did in Vanilla. People want gold, this game sort of revolves around it. Taking away the abilities to make it would be Blizzard shooting themselves in both feet and attempting to run a marathon. Unfortunately there is no happy medium.

Gold sinks don't do much, obviously, as people still have millions of gold anyway. And there's no incentive to buy whatever that sink is. If people don't want the mount or transmog or whatever it is that Blizzard puts in, the gold is still going to be there. You can lead a horse to water, and all that. Just like in real life, people don't become millionaires because they spend all their money.

The other side of it is, not EVERYONE is a millionaire in this game. Back when I played at the start of Legion, I barely had 50k to my name. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is perpetually broke in WoW, and doesn't know how to make millions. So if Blizzard introduced some mandatory burn of gold in the game, that everyone was forced to do, all it would do is punish a large portion of the playerbase. Blizzard is in a sticky situation, and they have to go about it cautiously. But they need to do something, because again, just like real life, when you have a chunk of people who are rolling in money, everything inflates, and those at the bottom have to struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having farmed 25M so far in Legion, I don't think reset will do anything since people that know how to earn gold will earn gold and you really cannot do anything about it.
    Gold sinks do work, especially WoW token since you can use it to buy everything Blizzard related, however in-game gold sinks are "Meh" I could buy the spider mount, I just don't like it.
    If I knew reset was coming I would just hoard 16 characters banks worth of items, or spend all my gold on rare valuable items, wait for reset and re-post at new prices.
    Gold reset would just be a band aid.