Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have no problem playing the class at a high level with low mobility. It’s also not fine, deaths advance was fine...wraith walk is not. I never said it was a skill issue on why I stopped playing my DK either. I stopped playing it because the low mobility isn’t fun to me anymore. You do you and I’ll do me....

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it.

I cannot deny that having a leap/charge button to move around is fun. It is a pleasing experience to be able to that and feels rewarding. An updated wraith walk animation would help in that manner I believe. Atm it is dreadfully cheap without any sense of epicness.

I think blizzard made a mistake by reverting the Death Grip animation update, it felt epic with that snappy feeling when used, atm it has no impactful animation. Introducing the scrapped version with a Glpyh will certainly make me go for it. That is one of blizzs mistake of listening the crybaby community imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I have no problem playing the class at a high level with low mobility. It’s also not fine, deaths advance was fine...wraith walk is not. I never said it was a skill issue on why I stopped playing my DK either. I stopped playing it because the low mobility isn’t fun to me anymore. You do you and I’ll do me....

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    I don't wanna be the one to bring you the news but if not being able to jump around is so important to you that you cannot even stand to play the character, DK is certainly not your cup of tea.

I had a lot of positive thoughts about creating this thread but I guess i have forgotten what kind of people swarm these forums with their obsessions.

DK mobility is fine. Wraith Walk serves enough. IF frost is immobile there is UH with 30 sec cd.

Why would you want to have more mobility? To be able to DPS the target for 1-2 seconds more?

Inexorable Assault can be baseline for all DKs which is more of a fitting approach rather than tossing more mobility to us.

Slow movement is a challenge for DK and seperates good Dks from bad and I like it that way. Anticipating a boss mechanic and positioning myself towards that direction is the key. Never have I encountered issues with mobility untill i stopped mythic raiding, are you sure we are talking about the same class here?
    1. When you start a discussion you should be prepared for different opinions.
    2. You just get the additional mobility as UH for the costs of lower survivability. And please don't forget the rampup time for Unholys.
    3. Yes I want to dps 3 sec more. And having the shortest sprint ingame and not beeing able to attack on top during its usage is just bad!
    4. Why do people always emphasize that they are / were mythic raiders? How many players overall are raiding mythic? And IF you raid mythic this mobility issues are far worse than for N / HC raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Exactly this.

1. When you start a discussion you should be prepared for different opinions.
    2. You just get the additional mobility as UH for the costs of lower survivability. And please don't forget the rampup time for Unholys.
    3. Yes I want to dps 3 sec more. And having the shortest sprint ingame and not beeing able to attack on top during its usage is just bad!
    4. Why do people always emphasize that they are / were mythic raiders? How many players overall are raiding mythic? And IF you raid mythic this mobility issues are far worse than for N / HC raiders.
    1. When I start a discussion, I expect constructive inputs instead of whiny cries. If there is a problem, bring a solution which is fun at the same time. Leaving your salt when the intention of thread is to create fun and epic ideas that can bolster the DK fantasy is no where near beneficial.

2. UH as baseline has more effective HP than Frost. UH traits that modify AMS/IBF efficiency/reduced magic damage taken vs Frost's mirror ball/armor/Ice in your veins, UH does better in the raiding in terms of survival, Frost's utility is more niche with AMS dispelling, possible Off tanking with IBF/DS. UH without the Lingering talent is still fine and can opt into Spell eater and perfectly function. I believe UH has better self heal from artifact trait right?

3. If a DPS worries about their 3 second uptime when a clutch raid mechanic needs to be attended, raid team is better off without that DPS. Your WW not only serves as a mobility but also anti-slow, effective implications of it are limited in raiding scene, but in PVP you solve 2 problems with 1 button whereas Paladin has to use 2 GCD. Why would you want to be able to attack when your job is to help soaking during Guldan for example? Not being able to attack during WW is actually quite rarely a downside for DK.

4. I never ever think mythic raiding is a real challenge unless we are talking about hardcore scene. It is bunch of people, "supposedly" challenging themselves with the most difficult content while doing everything they can to make it as trivial as possible. I stated the thing you bolded just to give readers that "lack" of mobility of DKs do not put them in meaningful disadvantage at all in the hardest possible raiding difficulty avaible, so It should be fine in the lesser difficulties by margin.

If you have a problem with mobility, say for example, give DKs a deathcharger or something. Come up with ideas.

"OMG DK IS SO IMMOBILE THAT I CANNOT EVEN STAND SO I REROLLED"

This doesn't help anyone and establishes only negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    For Unholy

- Remove the RNG part from Festering Strike
    - Change wounds mechanic. Instead of stacking wounds on the target, let them stack on the player instead. That will help a lot with target swapping.

General

- Bring back the old Death's Advance... 10% passive movement increase and 30% when used. Cannot be slowed bellow 70%.
    And where would you place the wounds? On your self? On the weapon? That literally makes zero sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    1. When I start a discussion, I expect constructive inputs instead of whiny cries. If there is a problem, bring a solution which is fun at the same time. Leaving your salt when the intention of thread is to create fun and epic ideas that can bolster the DK fantasy is no where near beneficial.
    [...]
    If you have a problem with mobility, say for example, give DKs a deathcharger or something. Come up with ideas.

"OMG DK IS SO IMMOBILE THAT I CANNOT EVEN STAND SO I REROLLED"

This doesn't help anyone and establishes only negativity.
    When I wrote my first comment I wrote that mobility is my biggest problem, and it would be fine to adjust WW in a way that I may deal damage during WW.
    I explained my biggest issue and suggested a solution. No offense but do not play Ian Hazzikostas here by asking for constructive feedback. Where's yours regarding my suggestion?

2. UH as baseline has more effective HP than Frost. UH traits that modify AMS/IBF efficiency/reduced magic damage taken vs Frost's mirror ball/armor/Ice in your veins, UH does better in the raiding in terms of survival, Frost's utility is more niche with AMS dispelling, possible Off tanking with IBF/DS. UH without the Lingering talent is still fine and can opt into Spell eater and perfectly function. I believe UH has better self heal from artifact trait right?
    You wrote if Frost is immobile I could switch to UH with a 30sec CD. For the 30sec CD I have to drop spelleater or corpseshield. If you are not agree to what I say at least refer to what I write. What you just wrote has nothing to do with what I just said.

3. If a DPS worries about their 3 second uptime when a clutch raid mechanic needs to be attended, raid team is better off without that DPS.
    I don't know what you do but when I have to move out of stuff fast (like Collapsing Worlds from Portal Keeper Hasabel) I don't want to stop DPSing. There is just one situation where your assumption is right and that is when I have to soak stuff far away from the boss (e.g. KJ). Otherwise you do not stop DPSing. Your raid team is better off with anybody who is able to dps while moving because of an clutch raid mechanic needs to be attended.

Your WW not only serves as a mobility but also anti-slow, effective implications of it are limited in raiding scene, but in PVP you solve 2 problems with 1 button whereas Paladin has to use 2 GCD. Why would you want to be able to attack when your job is to help soaking during Guldan for example? Not being able to attack during WW is actually quite rarely a downside for DK.
    Never spoke about PvP. PvP as DK is totally fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And where would you place the wounds? On your self? On the weapon? That literally makes zero sense.
    It was just a random idea. Current wound mechanic is stupid and makes target switching extremely annoying and slow. Also the current wound mechanic is extremely similar to the old rogue combo point system which they changed after years of complains from the rogue community...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    When I wrote my first comment I wrote that mobility is my biggest problem, and it would be fine to adjust WW in a way that I may deal damage during WW.
    I explained my biggest issue and suggested a solution. No offense but do not play Ian Hazzikostas here by asking for constructive feedback. Where's yours regarding my suggestion?
    I know, I wasn't specifically talking about you while I was addressing it. I don't think your proposal is gonna work with the consept of Wraith Walk. It is obv that it was directly taken from OW's Reaper. I think Blizz had a specific Reaper like animation in their minds while channeling it that animation in particular would make attacking at the same time impossible.

I suggested Inexorable Assault as baseline for all DK specs and further bolstering of unstoppable force rather than extra mobility and that is my stance on this whole matter. Encounters should include slows so we could benefit from our anti-slow nature, so far they did not.

You wrote if Frost is immobile I could switch to UH with a 30sec CD. For the 30sec CD I have to drop spelleater or corpseshield. If you are not agree to what I say at least refer to what I write. What you just wrote has nothing to do with what I just said.
    No It has so many stuff to do what you said, maybe I haven't been able to present myself as clear as you need me to be but,

Unholy without Spell Eater/Corpse Shield is already better at surviving in a raid therefor going 30 sec WW you do not lose any survival compared to Frost, that was what I was trying to tell.

I don't know what you do but when I have to move out of stuff fast (like Collapsing Worlds from Portal Keeper Hasabel) I don't want to stop DPSing. There is just one situation where your assumption is right and that is when I have to soak stuff far away from the boss (e.g. KJ). Otherwise you do not stop DPSing. Your raid team is better off with anybody who is able to dps while moving because of an clutch raid mechanic needs to be attended.
    For mechanics you mentioned you need to position yourself anticipating the mechanic, before it happens with DK. Highest possible closest destination while being able to hit the boss should give you enough time. In your specific example a proper DK should not have any issues with uptime. Raid team is not better off with a DK that cares about 1-2 GCD when a clutch mechanic is there. In your case, maybe they are better off without you cause a skilled DK can position himself properly to avoid losing the range on the boss GIT GUD SON!

--

I am sorry to say that I have no intention to carry on a conversation with a player who attempts to justify himself with niche picking while in his niche scenario, he is not properly dealing with the mechanic and blaming it on class' "lack of mobility", and on top of that I strongly doubt that you have ever read what is written in the first post of the thread, cause some of the stuff that you point have their answers from my perspective in there. Thanks for the conversation nonetheless.

or just get rid of festering wounds......Festering Wounds are basically combo points....rets, rogues and ferals all use combo points and they're all on the player.....Festering Wounds was a great idea in theory, but there's no way to make them not clunky....so the easiest solution is to get rid of them and put the focus back into diseases imho.

or just get rid of festering wounds......Festering Wounds are basically combo points....rets, rogues and ferals all use combo points and they're all on the player.....Festering Wounds was a great idea in theory, but there's no way to make them not clunky....so the easiest solution is to get rid of them and put the focus back into diseases imho.
    Yeah, diseases and pets. As in many pets that we summon while fighting, not just the ghoul, gargoyle and skarmy. I want undead monsters to spawn while I fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yeah, diseases and pets. As in many pets that we summon while fighting, not just the ghoul, gargoyle and skarmy. I want undead monsters to spawn while I fight.
    My personal hope for Unholy, would get rid of festering wounds.....keep apocolypse on a cooldown that only needs diseases present and summons a mini army, and while those are active you have a greater chance to randomly raise dead monsters around you(ghouls, wraiths, shamblers etc). Then focus back on diseases like necrotic plague.

I want actual damage reduction mitigation like ironfur or shield of the righteous; make runetap baseline again! oh and as an unrealistic wish i want unnerfed blood mastery. 214% mastery back in SoO was so nice, had a blood shield double my health pool.

DK mobility is fine. Wraith Walk serves enough. IF frost is immobile there is UH with 30 sec cd.

Why would you want to have more mobility? To be able to DPS the target for 1-2 seconds more?
    In raids, it's (mostly) fine. But more mobility would be a huge QoL improvement, at least for a dps spec (I like blood better on that front because of mass grip/ranged pull).

I've been playing my feral druid and havoc dh recently, and it makes a huge difference in the way the game flows. It's not particularly a dps meter issue (at least for me), more a get-out-of-shit and go-to-the-next-target issue.

I'd be pretty satisfied with a 120% base speed with no movement CD (at least for PvE), which would fit the unstoppable juggernaut fantasy pretty well. No-one's scared of a juggernaut you can jog away from.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Mobility as QoL is whole another topic. I'd like to see out of combat improvement such as being able to ride deathcharger at instances
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    In raids, it's (mostly) fine. But more mobility would be a huge QoL improvement, at least for a dps spec (I like blood better on that front because of mass grip/ranged pull).

I've been playing my feral druid and havoc dh recently, and it makes a huge difference in the way the game flows. It's not particularly a dps meter issue (at least for me), more a get-out-of-shit and go-to-the-next-target issue.

I'd be pretty satisfied with a 120% base speed with no movement CD (at least for PvE), which would fit the unstoppable juggernaut fantasy pretty well. No-one's scared of a juggernaut you can jog away from.

3 things for unholy. Desecrated ground animation to replace death and decay. Can the permanent ghoul and let a festering wound burst summon a temporary ghoul (up to 8). Let dark transformation buff them all. Bring back the original unholy blight, that was such a cool animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see another spec in the game get an imitation Gorefiend's so that it can be buffed either via CD or range increase, rather than being nerfed in the name of Class Balance because no one else has it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I'd like to see another spec in the game get an imitation Gorefiend's so that it can be buffed either via CD or range increase, rather than being nerfed in the name of Class Balance because no one else has it at all.
    Like sigil of chains on VDH?

Army of the Dead should be class-wide instead of unholy-exclusive. I feel almost naked without my little army at my side.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    1 thing i hope is they remove the wound mechanic from unholy, it doesnt fit imo and i never was a fan of it, id rather get my necrotic plague and dot extending festering strike, unholy is susposed to be dot spec aswell, but we lost pretyy much all dot focus/maneagement.

Or atleast make it a talent to remove them and get dot or ghoul manegament(pre legion dark transformation).
    And bloodtap for controlled runes on demand.
    I mch prefered dark transformation where you had to work to get it best uptime and together with bloodtap for some nice burst.
    And necrotic plague so fel like being a unholy dk. have to stack the dot and then weave in festering strikes to extend possibly up to minutes which wasnt that easy to do And keep it for up for whole fight and then spread it with bloodboil(which id aslo like back).

What i would really love is a "Shadowformtreatment" for BoS
    make it that the dmg ramps up the longer u breath. longer CD maybe so it really matters if u fuck up,
    and wraithwalk does the same as dispersion - it pauses the breath and the RP draining if you have to move out for a debuff (e.g.).
    i think this would make the mechanic a lot more interesting, and also more punishing.
    Hungering rune weapon back into another tier, so you can take it with BoS (or maybe baseline) and another "easy to use" choice talent in the same row for people who dont want to bank everything on a good breath, and also so you have an option on movement heavy fights, where u just cannot keep up a good breath

i would srsly love something like this