Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Sure why not, all anime live adaptations have been crap anyhow.
    Personally I enjoyed both Death Note (Netflix version) and Ghost in the Shell.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I enjoyed both Death Note (Netflix version) and Ghost in the Shell.
    Never saw Death Note and Ghost in the Shell was very Meh, so I guess it's not crap.

Quote Originally Posted by xlanonym0uslx View Post
    Hollywood's done anime adaptations other than Death Note? that's new to me, and probably everyone else
    Well Hollywood didn't do Death Note it was Netflix. It was also Netflix's version of the story not a retelling of the Anime/Manga.

I would have been fine with this doing the same if it wasn't for the fact they tried to copy most of Brotherhood and bits of the original release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Never saw Death Note and Ghost in the Shell was very Meh, so I guess it's not crap.
    If u got Netflix give it a go, Don't expect anything grand and know its Netflix's version. Not a Anime to Live version like this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

This movie is sooo bad it makes Suicide Square look like the best thing ever. I tried to hard to watch it but halfway thought it I stopped. It is a 2 hour shit show where they just gut the hell out of the Brotherhood story.

My list of good/bad.

The Good
    1) The CGI Effects at times actually are not bad at all
    2) The World setting isn't bad ether. The buildings and car's look like they would be the real life version.

The Bad (Everything else).

1) The fact they have Asian characters playing European and it stands out like a swore thumb. The world setting actually fits but none of the characters do at all.

2) The guy playing ED. His look is so bad you can tell they ether dyed his hair or its a wig.

3) The guy playing Hughes they actually tried so hard to make him look like the anime version and fail really bad at it.

4) The story is 9001% rushed and so much is gutted. They outright ruined the backstory on them trying to bring their mother back. It literally had a wizard of oz moment where there house was being tore up and they was being thrown in the air.

5) No English audio at all, the only choice for English is like watching a book being read to you.

That's just within the first hour, I am going to skim thought it and see how they handled Father if hes even in it but overall it is a really bad movie and maybe the worse I have ever saw. They seem to barrow a lot from both Brotherhood and the original release.

Now I expect some to derail the thread with them bringing up Scarlett Johansson playing Major but at lease that was done correctly and she actually looked like her and The Major was a android.

IMO I give this movie a 2 out of 10 one of if not the worse movie by far I have ever watched.
    Its not a netflix movie, its a movie netflix got international release rights for. It was done by someone else in japan.

It looks like utter shit. Like all anime movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its not a netflix movie, its a movie netflix got international release rights for. It was done by someone else in japan.
    Ok? That has nothing to do with anything and its labeled as a Netflix Movie.

(Notice how I didn't say Original Netflix Movie)

The anime itself is the most overrated series ever. I've crawled through some 10 episodes and I was annoyed by childish humour on one hand and stale plot on the other, and even if I hadn't doubted general audience's judgment before, I sure as hell started after seeing it was ranked 1 of all time on MAL. It had decent moments, like that episode with that girl's mutation (which seems to be the title picture for the trailer), but it was buried under all the goofyness.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2018-02-19 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The anime itself is the most overrated series ever. I've crawled through some 10 episodes and I was annoyed by childish humour on one hand and stale plot on the other, and even if I hadn't doubted general audience's judgment before, I sure as hell started after seeing it was ranked 1 of all time on MAL.
    Just wondering what version did you watch?

Ok? That has nothing to do with anything and its labeled as a Netflix Movie.

(Notice how I didn't say Original Netflix Movie)
    The thread title is literally labeling it as a netflix movie instead of a movie on netflix.

The newer one.

It doesn't matter, though I'm assuming you're expecting him to say "the 2003 one" and then you'll try explaining that Brotherhood is much better, even though aside from some filler episodes in the 2003 series, they're about the same.

Full Metal Alchemist is overrated, I guess. As far as anime goes or whatever. It was a series that had the plot and atmosphere of a thriller/light-action yet forced bad anime humor and hokey fight sequences into the mix. It's a shitty action anime with a story that only dares to be interesting, which is a shame.

The thread title is literally labeling it as a netflix movie instead of a movie on netflix.
    Because its literally a NETFLIX MOVIE.

There is a difference in Netflix Original Movie and Netflix Movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    It doesn't matter, though I'm assuming you're expecting him to say "the 2003 one" and then you'll try explaining that Brotherhood is much better, even though aside from some filler episodes in the 2003 series, they're about the same.
    Umm ya I did expect that and no they are not about the same not even close. Only like the first 5 Episodes are the same and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

The newer one.
    Different strokes then, You could give the original release a try if you have any interest at all. I figured that was the one you was talking about, I have seen many say they liked one but not the other.

Umm ya I did expect that and no they are not about the same not even close. Only like the first 5 Episodes are the same and that's it.
    They're obviously not the same stories, but their themes, atmosphere, characters and broad story elements are all the same. If you watch the 2003 series and you don't like it, there's not a very good chance that Brotherhood is going to make you think differently.

Because its literally a NETFLIX MOVIE.

There is a difference in Netflix Original Movie and Netflix Movie.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Different strokes then, You could give the original release a try if you have any interest at all. I figured that was the one you was talking about, I have seen many say they liked one but not the other.
    its a movie on netflix, it wasnt made produced or paid for by them except for distribution rights after it had already been made.

I was totally burned, TBH. It might be that the anime picks up later and starts deserving the scores, in which case I'm missing out, but it's rare for me to drop a series, and I did drop this. Not really interested investing another 15 hours or so on the off chance it might be worth it.

They're obviously not the same stories, but their themes, atmosphere, characters and broad story elements are all the same. If you watch the 2003 series and you don't like it, there's not a very good chance that Brotherhood is going to make you think differently.
    That will very per person, I personally have seen that happen. I disagree with the atmosphere being the same. But it all really comes down to opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

its a movie on netflix, it wasnt made produced or paid for by them except for distribution rights after it had already been made.
    Right and that's why its just called A Netflix Flim and not Netflix Original Flim.

Once again learn the difference.

I'll give Full Metal Alchemist this: It may be overrated but it's still one of the better anime series out there. I think you're hardpressed to give an objective argument for it being of lower quality compared to any other given anime.

I was totally burned, TBH. It might be that the anime picks up later and starts deserving the scores, in which case I'm missing out, but it's rare for me to drop a series, and I did drop this. Not really interested investing another 15 hours or so on the off chance it might be worth it.
    Totally understand, BH picks up around EP 6 if I recall right. It is a slow burner but if it isn't your thing then it isn't your thing.

That will very per person, I personally have seen that happen. I disagree with the atmosphere being the same. But it all really comes down to opinion.
    They are literally the same exact show except they follow different stories. It's almost an objective statement to say they have the same atmosphere.

Honestly though if you watch the 2003 series and don't like it and then say "I'll give Brotherhood a try" I dunno how the hell you'd manage to make it past the absolutely terrible first episode.

They are literally the same exact show except they follow different stories. It's almost an objective statement to say they have the same atmosphere.
    If the story's are different then they are not the same exact show.......