Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Right Wing Pundit Steven Crowder Tries to Discredit Bruce Lee

So I came across this Video while on youtube looking for Bruce Lee

Also on a side note :I agree with Crowder that the movie he is talking about is Garbage. It's a horrible piece of garbage that misrepresents Bruce Lee. The fact that he needs to bring this up when the movie is known to be a huge misrepresentation of Bruce and was Denounced by the Lee family is just even more ridiculous. Like Picking Fights that nobody cares and trying to blow it up like it's huge news.

First myth crowder mentioned that I had an issue with due to his "facts"

Bruce Lee is the father of MMA because he was the one to inspire people through his Philosophy by telling and practicing his methods of combining arts, the one that crowder mentioned was not a philosophy but just something people did in the sports arena to survive, which was combining Boxing/Wrestling which was a Sport Although a bloody/violent/Brutal.

Other people did it to adapt Bruce Lee noticed it and also openly practiced the method of combining arts.

Crowder doesn't understand how closed door matches work. But whatever, this just goes to show how dumb Crowder is.

His main Claim is There's no Proof when the fact is there's a lack of proof to backup some of the claims because nothing was filmed or recorded. Plenty of Martial Arts masters have Private Sparring Matches this is/was a common practice in China.

But the claims of people who sparred with Bruce also do match up with his legend. Crowder not only lacks the research but he's also unfunny. Why do people trust him so much?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-19 at 02:23 PM. Reason: clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Steven Crowder is amazing, you're just salty cause he't not wrong
    No, but he is.

No but he isn't, the problem is we have these absolute top tier figures in society and we just go by what we think because we like them.
    That wasn't the issue at hand.

Look at the angry comments, no one is actually trying to disprove him, they're just angry. Rather than say "you're wrong" you need to say why someone is.
    No, plenty of them had great arguments and are accurate. Such as this.

Bruce was the light bulb among candles , iPhone among Nokias during his time.
    Let me now address the common arguments presented by the MMA fraternity.

Argument # 1 Bruce was only an actor.

Bruce was first a marital artist before an actor. Most people working on set with him doubted his skills and of course Bruce had no problems proving them wrong.

Argument # 2 Bruce would have lost in the UFC

He fought with Joe Lewis (father of kick boxing, karate black belt), Chuck Norris(Karate World Champion), Jesse Glover( Judo Champion) and many more.
    He created MMA. He was the father of MMA. If you were to bring his skills to the present day after 44 years of his death, he would probably wipe out most fighters as his fighting style is constantly evolving. His insane mental strength would no doubt earn him a BJJ black belt in let's say 3 years?
    People like to talk about how would he fare in the UFC. All I gotta say is that
    a)he would be 50 years old when he competes in UFC 1.
    b)he is as heavy as a featherweight(64kg) but punches as hard as a heavyweight (90-120kg)
    - from Joe Lewis
    To say his fighting style would not work is just being plain stupid. His fighting style evolves over time.
    So you can't compare something that is constantly evolving to "today's" MMA.

By just watching at his movies, he was already doing submissions before the Gracie BJJ became popular.

Here are some of his research into martial artist. I like to call him a scientist of marital arts too.

Well Bruce would no doubt dominate the octagon. Just look at his physical attributes. Can you even do a two finger push up? What’s your punching speed? Bruce’s punching speed was 0.3s. Even blinking your eye is slower let alone blocking it.

Here are some videos of great , ESTABLISHED fighters on Bruce Lee.

I'll find the replacement links

"this is my edit with the quotes i'll try finding the videos as some of the videos have been taken down."
    Bruce Lee fighting blind-folded.
    https://youtu.be/z9f1-KuD49M

His full sparring with both his students.
    https://youtu.be/oxM6zbccT5s

His exceptional speed against Victor Moore (karate black belt 10th dan)
    https://youtu.be/dm7uLgLdk-E

Joe Lewis, known as father of kick boxing (beaten Chuck Norris before and he is a black belt karate black belt also) vs Bruce Lee's punch
    https://youtu.be/jp_FsBoqMl0

Chuck Norris on Bruce Lee
    https://youtu.be/z7PAuRCFGjg

Joe Lewis mentioning Bruce Lee who was at that time 64kg could hit as hard as a heavy weight (at least 90kg)
    https://youtu.be/S7oa_PNSzCE

Mike Tyson on Bruce Lee
    https://youtu.be/AeNsKy3rNA8

Conor Mcgregor on Bruce Lee
    https://youtu.be/iv1rGhsR7kE

Even Conor says that Bruce Lee would no doubt rule the octagon. Mind you, this is coming from a double weight champion. So... who are you to say otherwise ������.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-19 at 11:49 AM.

Quoted for truth. Crowder is the boss. Anyone who disagrees with him is probably one of those deranged types of people he always debunks.

Louder with crowder!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Quoted for truth. Crowder is the boss. Anyone who disagrees with him is probably one of those deranged types of people he always debunks.

Louder with crowder!
    No he was clearly wrong about Bruce Lee being just an actor.

Why do you use present tense when the video was released in the middle of 2017? We're in 2018 now!

Also, I don't really think this is of much consequence. Bruce Lee is an actor more so than a warrior, but both acting, performance, and fighting are considered equal parts of martial arts. I really even doubt he would be offended by what Crowder has to say, but truth be told I haven't checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Why do you use present tense when the video was released in the middle of 2017? We're in 2018 now!

Also, I don't really think this is of much consequence. Bruce Lee is an actor more so than a warrior, but both acting, performance, and fighting are considered equal parts of martial arts. I really even doubt he would be offended by what Crowder has to say, but truth be told I haven't checked.
    Offended or not shouldn't matter it's just Crowder has not done his research.
    And no Bruce Lee was known for fighting before becoming an Actor.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, nobody knows how Bruce Lee would do in the octagon. Anyone who says how it would be are simply giving their opinion on the matter, and have no real facts considering Bruce Lee NEVER fought in the octagon.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    To be honest, nobody knows how Bruce Lee would do in the octagon.
    Agreed.

Anyone who says how it would be are simply giving their opinion on the matter, and have no real facts considering Bruce Lee NEVER fought in the octagon.
    Of course Bruce Lee never fought in the Octagon. the UFC was not invented yet.

But the video wasn't about that, it was trying to Discredit him as a fighter with very poorly done research. And I never heard anybody ever claiming he was one of the strongest fighters.

No, Bruce probably wasn't the strongest but for his Weight/Size they may have a better argument he was about Welter To Middle Weight if you want to compare it to UFC.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-19 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Steve Chowder is a known Alt-Right White Supremacist it doesn't shock me this kind of garbage keeps him up at night to of course disparage another man of color.

I mean when the man is busy not being funny, I suppose that frees up a lot of time for this kind of hard hitting investigative journalism. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Agreed.

Of course Bruce Lee never fought in the Octagon. the UFC was not invented yet.

But the video wasn't about that, it was trying to Discredit him as a fighter with very poorly done research. And I never heard anybody ever claiming he was one of the strongest fighters.

No, Bruce probably wasn't the strongest but for his Weight/Size they may have a better argument he was about Welter To Middle Weight if you want to compare it to UFC.
    Sure we know in a Octagon Bruce Lee would likely have difficulty, however if it were a case of Bruce Lee fighting for his life, he would win, as would many who wouldn't survive in the Octagon otherwise, which is basically grown men cock fighting.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-19 at 12:12 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Heres a video of Steven Crowder getting beaten up by a 65 year old man

You can see his martial prowess as he raises his arms into what is known as 'the standing fetal position', adopting the fighting style that is known in the kung fu world as the 'cower in fear' followed by the french martial skill 'le retreat'

I'm sure hes more knowledgeable than just about every mma fighter, promoter and pundit who attest to Bruce Lee being a beast because of Crowders mastery of combat.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this particular piece of Crowder's "myth debunking" is as full of horseshit, lies, and misrepresentation as the rest of his content.

For reference:

Why anyone puts any stock in what that jackass has to say is beyond me. Scratch that...I have a good idea why people believe what he says...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Heres a video of Steven Crowder getting beaten up by a 65 year old man

You can see his martial prowess as he raises his arms into what is known as 'the standing fetal position', adopting the fighting style that is known in the kung fu world as the 'cower in fear' followed by the french martial skill 'le retreat'

I'm sure hes more knowledgeable than just about every mma fighter, promoter and pundit who attest to Bruce Lee being a beast because of Crowders mastery of combat.
    Hahaha yeah, I am sure Bruce Lee would have had trouble there too

If you don’t believe Crowder, look up that Tai Chi master getting merced in like 15 seconds by that mma guy on youtube. It’s another example of a martial artist having fame and everyone thinks they are a killer, and then meets someone who can actually fight and throws them into a dumpster. I love Bruce Lee. His accomplishments and long lasting effects on the sports industry are remarkable. Crowder is however totally right in his video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Hahaha yeah, I am sure Bruce Lee would have had trouble there too
    Steven Crowder obviously had a lot of time to practice martial arts as he didn't get laid till he was 24. Do you really think Bruce Lee who was wasting his time slaying poon would be able to compete with such disipline? I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidari View Post
    If you don’t believe Crowder, look up that Tai Chi master getting merced in like 15 seconds by that mma guy on youtube.
    There are fake Martial Artists all the time, oh and that's why Practitioners of Tai Chi consider it more as a Meditation and not a fighting style.

It’s another example of a martial artist having fame and everyone thinks they are a killer, and then meets someone who can actually fight and throws them into a dumpster. I love Bruce Lee. His accomplishments and long lasting effects on the sports industry are remarkable. Crowder is however totally right in his video.
    And no Crowder is completely wrong in some parts of his videos.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-19 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don’t believe Crowder, look up that Tai Chi master getting merced in like 15 seconds by that mma guy on youtube. It’s another example of a martial artist having fame and everyone thinks they are a killer, and then meets someone who can actually fight and throws them into a dumpster. I love Bruce Lee. His accomplishments and long lasting effects on the sports industry are remarkable. Crowder is however totally right in his video.
    No it isn't and it's the same idiotic comments people been making since UFC began, yes BEGAN, like when fat dudes like that toothless idiot Tank Abbott would throw down guys many times is better in various different fighting disciplines.

So you or this idiot making claims against the mountain of those with credibility who actually know what they are talking about, I will continue to view your YouTube expertise along with this idiot Chowder as garbage.

There are many different components that go on in a fight that wouldn't go on in say a sport, just Floyd Mayweather's proved to everyone with a any brain material that Boxing isn't MMA, and MMA isn't the same fighting for your life.

Actually, while on Joe Rogans podcast he said the reason he did that is because he didn't want to fight an old guy. Look at the size difference, only a dickhead woul actually fight back in a situation like that
    Nope, there are also uneducated people like Crowder that misrepresent facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO some guy who wasn't Bruce lee got beaten by another guy and therefore the second guy could've beaten bruce lee.

Yeah that doesn't really follow.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, while on Joe Rogans podcast he said the reason he did that is because he didn't want to fight an old guy. Look at the size difference, only a dickhead woul actually fight back in a situation like that
    He didn't fight back because Chowder is a Fragile male, and you can tell that since this altercation it obviously bothers him since every time I have the misfortune of ever seeing this assclown is when someone brings up one of his unfunny videos.

This guy tries way, way way to hard to compensate for everything wrong in this guys life. He's a terrible comedian, who got fired from Fox News of all places, he is a scam reporter who's been busted cooking his stories and outside of his crappy podcast which everybody does now, the guys only good for basically telling a bunch of failed Alt-Right Nazi's what they want to hear.