Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    theyre going to move into stormwind with the humans like how the undead are moving into orgrimmar and they LOVE IT ZOMG because reasons
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestholus View Post
    The Nightelves won't simply abandon their settlements on continental Kalimdor.
    dont think they get much choice tbh whole horde army goes marching right through darkshore and they lost ashenvale in cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Gilneas already been blighted and is already uninhabited
    whats the half life on blight ?

Whatever they decide to do won't be hintered by lower level gameplay. This stuff will be phased so that only people who are 110 and play through these scenarios will be affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO they should settle in Duskwood, under the massive tree with the Emerald Dreamway portal, and start capturing and curing the Duskwood Worgen to aid the Alliance in the war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    Well, they sent us through Gilneas in cataclysm for the Dragonsoul legendary Rogue dagger questline, and there wasn't any blight there from my recollection so... not that long.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    IMO they should settle in Duskwood, under the massive tree with the Emerald Dreamway portal, and start capturing and curing the Duskwood Worgen to aid the Alliance in the war.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they sent us through Gilneas in cataclysm for the Dragonsoul legendary Rogue dagger questline, and there wasn't any blight there from my recollection so... not that long.
    idk i dont think its stated. i know the blight they use isn't the blight used at the wrath gate its heavily watered down to avoid friendly casualty's.

we fight in the BG over a part of gilneas so its not all a toxic hole

Forest Trolls would be a cool allied race, just a bulkier version of our ordinary trolls! Those current models really need an update

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    So here's what i think/hope.

Sylvanas will Blight a huge area, including Gilneas again.
    Gilneas will still be uninhabitable.

The Nightelves, having Teldrassil burnt, will need a new home.
    I'm thinking, they will go and settle in The Hinterlands forests and Aerie Peak, with the nature-loving Wildhamemr Dwarves.

They will drive out the Revantusk, who will go crying to big brother Horde.

This means we will get two new allied races, Wildhammers and Revantusks.
    Who were already pretty much members.

WH: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, DK, Shaman, Druid(!).
    RT: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, DK, Shaman, Druid, Priest.

WH Racial:
    Call Gryphon: Call your gryphon to take you to any flight-master, anywhere, on any map. 20'cd.
    Stormhammer: Ranged stun, whatever. 3'cd.
    keep going

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I cannot see in any way them abandoning Ashenvale. the sacred land literally blessed with eternal night by Elune for her children to live. Its kind of like Mecca/Jerusalem/Vatican city all rolled into one pretty scene. Not to mention the only source of Elunite ore which is used for their weapons and religious symbols. Plus I would simply adore if they just dropped a major city hub into the center and challenged the horde to come back. Give us a shot to see the Sentinels and Huntresses in action, led by the Priesthood.

The plus side being it gives Hyjal right up there so the druids can have their own story and quick mucking up making the NEs have to be overtaken by CC story at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    dont think they get much choice tbh whole horde army goes marching right through darkshore and they lost ashenvale in cata

- - - Updated - - -

Lost ashenvale in cata lol, someone avoided all the books and shit

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    This! Night elves won't leave Kalimdor. They will resort to guerilla warfare and most likely spread all over the forests so that the horde won't have "one" target again.
    Feralas will probably the main spot for them to rest the bulk of their remaining forces since that place is hard to reach and they have their biggest remaining fortress there.
    I do like the sound of this very much.

I'd prefer them to take over Swamp of Sorrows and kick the horde out of EK for good.

What they should get: Silverpine Forest. After driving the Forsaken out of Undercity and Tirisfal, Gilneas is re-taken and the Night Elves move in next door and begin efforts to cleanse Silverpine. Makes sense for them to move to a forest, and after sheltering the Worgen it would be a nice turnaround.

What they will get: A couple buildings in Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    They will no doubt plant another huge ass tree somewhere in EK and seeing how Teldrassil didnt take that long to grow iam sure it wouldnt take them that long and maybe somewhere in Duskwood which iam sure they would be able to make themselves at home.
    Perma haunted...naw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    What they should get: Silverpine Forest. After driving the Forsaken out of Undercity and Tirisfal, Gilneas is re-taken and the Night Elves move in next door and begin efforts to cleanse Silverpine. Makes sense for them to move to a forest, and after sheltering the Worgen it would be a nice turnaround.

What they will get: A couple buildings in Stormwind.
    Tauren Shamans, priests and druids tried to cleanse tirisfal glades, and silverpine....it didn't work. The tauren said something deep in the land was responsible for it and the affliction was not same as what happened in the plaguelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Tauren Shamans, priests and druids tried to cleanse tirisfal glades, and silverpine....it didn't work. The tauren said something deep in the land was responsible for it and the affliction was not same as what happened in the plaguelands.
    1. I said they would begin efforts, not successfully cleanse the land.
    2. You mean Zakajz the Corruptor, who is now dead and energy dissipated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    1. I said they would begin efforts, not successfully cleanse the land.
    2. You mean Zakajz the Corruptor, who is now dead and energy dissipated.
    I just checked he dead but damage is done plus he died long ass time ago...you know what they say "even a dead god can dream". Plus we know that old god corpses make shit happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Gameplay wise obviously they won't. Lorewise - its a very logical thing for them to do after losing their main city and huge chunk of their population.
    We don't actually know how many Nightelves actually end up perishing, for all we know they find out about the bomb and evacuate before it goes off.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal guess is that either Wetlands, where the night elven outpost could be upgraded to a city, or the "emerald dream portal" areas in either Hinterlands or Duskwood could be colonised.

Personaly, I think the best area might be Seradane in Hinterlands. It already holds some night elven ruins that could be repaired and repurposed (or used as building material, should they be impossible to repair). The area has a source of water from the south, and is sheltered by mountains from the north, therefore offering a good, relatively defensible secluded location. On top of that, it is far enough from current capital cities, therefore it wouldn't "cluster" the map as other options. Also, it could provide for a storyline about restoration of Eastern Plaguelands and eventually Stratholme, with all the druids suddenly closeby, but that would be something to occur later on (possibly an expansion or two later).

I am specifically excluding any Kalimdor locations, as they are likely to end up contested, judging from Blizzard's apparent intent to put non-TBC content areas in each continent under the control of their respective factions. Had that not been the limitation, the obvious candidate would be Feathermoon Stronghold. It is extremely well defended, has access to a large forested area, and logistics to it via any other way then naval (which the Alliance is still set to dominate, as far as I am aware) is a nightmare, therefore likely to be untouched by the Horde (unless Blizzard, again, puts rule of cool ahead of pretty much everything).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    My personal guess is that either Wetlands, where the night elven outpost could be upgraded to a city, or the "emerald dream portal" areas in either Hinterlands or Duskwood could be colonised.

Personaly, I think the best area might be Seradane in Hinterlands. It already holds some night elven ruins that could be repaired and repurposed (or used as building material, should they be impossible to repair). The area has a source of water from the south, and is sheltered by mountains from the north, therefore offering a good, relatively defensible secluded location. On top of that, it is far enough from current capital cities, therefore it wouldn't "cluster" the map as other options. Also, it could provide for a storyline about restoration of Eastern Plaguelands and eventually Stratholme, with all the druids suddenly closeby, but that would be something to occur later on (possibly an expansion or two later).

I am specifically excluding any Kalimdor locations, as they are likely to end up contested, judging from Blizzard's apparent intent to put non-TBC content areas in each continent under the control of their respective factions. Had that not been the limitation, the obvious candidate would be Feathermoon Stronghold. It is extremely well defended, has access to a large forested area, and logistics to it via any other way then naval (which the Alliance is still set to dominate, as far as I am aware) is a nightmare, therefore likely to be untouched by the Horde (unless Blizzard, again, puts rule of cool ahead of pretty much everything).
    Gilneas is supposedly reclaimed in BfA. Now if we were lucky to see this change in game too (we probably won't) it would be awesome to see the Gilneans return the favor and host the Night Elves after the destruction of Teldrassil. It makes sense, but unfortunately I don't see that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Gilneas is supposedly reclaimed in BfA. Now if we were lucky to see this change in game too (we probably won't) it would be awesome to see the Gilneans return the favor and host the Night Elves after the destruction of Teldrassil. It makes sense, but unfortunately I don't see that happening.
    Me neither. Quite frankly, I do not expect to see any change besides Teldrassil being burnt and Undercity deserted once we hit 120. We might read somewhere that the night elves and forsaken have resettled, but the easiest way is to have it in a book and keep it unrelated to current content (and thus, the two new capitals existing in lore, but not in the game).

I hear the tiny islands in Vashj'ir are lovely this time of year. Close to Stormwind too, for protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.