I love ReLIFE so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I love ReLIFE so much
    Are you ready for 220?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah. The series has been awesome and I cannot wait to see it animated.

Citrus 7 - Somehow they keep this soap opera tasteful. Legit enjoying this adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Are you ready for 220?
    I am but my heart is not.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I am but my heart is not.
    I second this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...not that he mentioned it. I generaly get a mental block when i see animated food.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Is Rin crushing on Nadeshiko's onee-san? Also I have the OP stuck in my head. Shiny days 新しい風 f u catchy jap songs

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just a commonality for a girl to comment on another girl's attractiveness. That, or I watch a lot of yuri-implied shows.

And yeah, Shiny Days catchy as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think it's just a commonality for a girl to comment on another girl's attractiveness.
    Spoiler: 

10+ Year Old Account
    New overlord ep:
    http://shrani.si/f/1W/10l/4jubnp8S/o...b-episode-.png

Dude where are your eyes.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Antarctica Episode 8 Lots of fun stuff with the girls getting seasick. Also, they probably broke multiple rules going outside in the middle of the night during those waves, risking their lives. The fact they DIDN'T die is a miracle of itself. But that quick, post-credits scene. Damnit, man. It's gonna happen, and it's gonna be worse than the end of K-On for me.

Also, full length ending, immediate add https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FRRvFwotd8

Hell, even the insert songs are nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQzd5ZGyEw
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-02-20 at 11:08 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    mweeheehee

10+ Year Old Account
    So, uh, I finally watched Steins:Gate

Like Toradora, it felt like a tale of two halves. The first half, a semi-comedic sci-fi story that sets up everything, and then the second half that gets intense as fuck and breaks everything down. This also seems to have an equivalence to Okabe's personality. While he never deviates from himself, he starts off as an unbearing asshole, and right around Mayuri's death, seems to begin developing compassion for others. As well as seeing reality more and giving up his other persona. The rest of the cast is all likable in their own ways. The quippy otaku. The adorable otaku, whose "doo doodoo" made me smile every time. The uh...well, to me, Kurisu played the straight man more than anything. The time traveler who was obviously a time traveler. The quiet girl who just wanted to fit in. The story was clearly very well-written, as one flowing tale unlike a lot of other shows with different arcs that tell multiple stories throughout its run.

However... I guess the time traveling thing just isn't for me. Not as it was done in this show anyway. The Groundhog Day style of repeating the same couple days over and over. Watching Mayuri die, over and over. Being completely incapable of figuring out what the other characters knew at any given moment. A few things being easily predictable (like the aforementioned Suzuha being from the future). Wondering who the mom is and having it be some random ass girl who shows up for one scene in the last episode. Despite getting better, I still didn't like Okabe by the end. It's definitely show that begs for rewatches. And I can definitely see why so many people love it. But beyond the good characters of the supporting cast (who weren't the focus), it just wasn't for me. 7/10, despite that, it was good enough to keep me wanting to watch the whole thing.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-02-21 at 10:36 AM.

Despite getting better, I still didn't like Okabe by the end.
    Okay hold the hell on.

I can get not liking certain elements but...

This is just sacrilege!

Okabe was NEVER a jerk, as you put it, that much has to be clear. It's elaborated more maybe in the VN than the anime, or maybe I'm just mixing more of Steins;Gate 0 in (it's more of a further explanation than anything), but he was only the way he is because Mayuri loved it. He was so afraid to lose her, he made up the role of a villain to keep her around.

Also ignore the last episode of Steins;Gate. It's not worth anything, and it's not canon either.

Especially regarding Suzuha's mother. There's a reason Crunchyroll isn't carrying episode 25 either, because it shouldn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Okay hold the hell on.

I can get not liking certain elements but...

This is just sacrilege!

Okabe was NEVER a jerk, as you put it, that much has to be clear. It's elaborated more maybe in the VN than the anime, or maybe I'm just mixing more of Steins;Gate 0 in (it's more of a further explanation than anything), but he was only the way he is because Mayuri loved it. He was so afraid to lose her, he made up the role of a villain to keep her around.

Also ignore the last episode of Steins;Gate. It's not worth anything, and it's not canon either.

Especially regarding Suzuha's mother. There's a reason Crunchyroll isn't carrying episode 25 either, because it shouldn't exist.
    There was never any indication that Okabe's attitude was a result of Mayuri's desire. If that were the case, he sure as hell treated Kurisu like garbage at all times, whether Mayuri was around or not. I think he could play his "villain" persona while still not being a dick to his friends. Mayuri was the only one he never seemed mean toward.

Anyway, watching Barakamon right now. Kinda held off on it due to the fact the main character was so young, but after Mitsuboshi Colors, I think that's not an issue. And after two episodes, it's pretty damn funny.

There was never any indication that Okabe's attitude was a result of Mayuri's desire. If that were the case, he sure as hell treated Kurisu like garbage at all times, whether Mayuri was around or not. I think he could play his "villain" persona while still not being a dick to his friends. Mayuri was the only one he never seemed mean toward.
    He praised Daru quite a few times, and did compliment Kurisu on a few occasions.

It was always for Mayuri though, I'm pretty sure they cover this when he's reflecting on his whole villain persona thing.

And if you want to be really technical as to what caused it, you can watch the movie, Load Region of Deja Vu.
    If you don't want to, spoilers for the movie-
    It's Kurisu time traveling who gave him the idea to be a villain.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyway, watching Barakamon right now. Kinda held off on it due to the fact the main character was so young, but after Mitsuboshi Colors, I think that's not an issue. And after two episodes, it's pretty damn funny.
    Good choice. One of my all time favorites. Like Mitsuboshi Colors, it's a series where the kids actually act like kids and not just tiny adults. Really great OP and ED as well. After that, I would also recommend Amaama to Inazuma. Tsumugi may just be the single most adorable character in anime history. Be warned though, if any series has the power to kill it's viewer with diabetes, it's Sweetness & Lightning.