Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Monster Hunter is the anti destiny. At its core its a grind game. You and your friends go 'who needs what'/'what event hunts are up'/'who still has to X?' and jump in with lots of repeating hunts for rare drops and building gear loudouts for each weapon with each weapon type having a dozen endgame weapons that require different gear builds to get the best out of.

-also not being designed around a cash shop helps.
    I have no problem with grinding (100h in MH Tri, 200h in Division) as long as theres actual interesting content and better loot. How long would it roughly take to actually slay every high monster and get some decent armor sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    I have no problem with grinding (100h in MH Tri, 200h in Division) as long as theres actual interesting content and better loot. How long would it roughly take to actually slay every high monster and get some decent armor sets?
    Extreme lowball? maybe 80 hours if you are very familiar with the series. Most likely around 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hr 51

What to do with life....

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hr 51

What to do with life....
    I've been slacking. I only just got to HR 15 because I kinda got side tracked by other games that also came out :X

(On that note...omg Dodongo's, and I know that's not his name but Imma call him that cause he is a fucking Dodongo, HH is amazing. Attack+ XL, Defense +XL, Negate Wind, Boost Health.....so good)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Can try sending your Tailraider Safari into the Wildpsire wastes.

Or just going on Expeditions untill you see Diablos (or ??? if you don't have it at level 1 research yet) and then heading there when they do that
    Actually got it from a tail rider safari, at the same time as unlocking the diablos/black diablos investigations.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

21 minutes into a black diablos hunt. Got it sleeping, limping, every part broken. Must have had a sliver of health left. Then just as it does its bullcharge in comes fucking bazelguise who roars. Stuns us all. Then Black Diablos runs through all of us and triple carts the hunt. Holy fuck that got me salty.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-02-19 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    other than beating kelbis to death

whats the best way of getting horns

Sending palico expeditions AND beating kelbi's to death? I think they break off too? Because I got one from one I attacked and looted like a material without actually skinning it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Sending palico expeditions AND beating kelbi's to death? I think they break off too? Because I got one from one I attacked and looted like a material without actually skinning it.
    heavy bowgun melee attack is great for kelbi horns breaks one off every time

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

hit the horn with a slinger and run around the map collecting red ore nodes or something the come back and do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been farming Nerg, so i felt the best way for me to do it was look for SOS with people at a lower HR then me. Well after a day spent getting him limping, then having the OP player take his divebomb to the face 3 times, i think i will solofarm for now. It sucks, most of my friends have fallen off the wagon already, so I was enjoying just picking random SOSs as i have no one else to play with.

Also as this is my first monster hunter, i got a question about a build. I got in a game, with a random Japanese/Korean?? (sorry dont know the difference well enough to identify). They were healing and buff like a mad man, and they were not from the Order of the Sacred Horn, they were dual blade players. Any idea how this build functions? I think it would be a blast to play with randoms.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I have been farming Nerg, so i felt the best way for me to do it was look for SOS with people at a lower HR then me. Well after a day spent getting him limping, then having the OP player take his divebomb to the face 3 times, i think i will solofarm for now. It sucks, most of my friends have fallen off the wagon already, so I was enjoying just picking random SOSs as i have no one else to play with.

Also as this is my first monster hunter, i got a question about a build. I got in a game, with a random Japanese/Korean?? (sorry dont know the difference well enough to identify). They were healing and buff like a mad man, and they were not from the Order of the Sacred Horn, they were dual blade players. Any idea how this build functions? I think it would be a blast to play with randoms.
    They could have had the wide range skill which gives a portion of heals and buffs to players around you.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Just buffs themselves? I know you can do the mushroomancer offset and eat mushrooms to get a ton of buffs then reequip your main gear and keep the buffs. This way you can eat +damage food in town as well and not need to worry about health food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Just buffs themselves? I know you can do the mushroomancer offset and eat mushrooms to get a ton of buffs then reequip your main gear and keep the buffs. This way you can eat +damage food in town as well and not need to worry about health food.
    The group i was in was getting a damage buff and heals from someone constantly, and we did not have a hunting horn player in the group. I am thinking it must of been due to the mantle that gives a wide effect. Not sure who was doing it but i know for a fact that was the smoothest Nerg kill i have ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit my wall yesterday, 46 hours in and just felt I couldn't be arsed. I took Pink Rathian down but had to use the bow because hammer was impossible solo and I already had 2 groups wipe on it.

Will come back to it in a few days time.

The group i was in was getting a damage buff and heals from someone constantly, and we did not have a hunting horn player in the group. I am thinking it must of been due to the mantle that gives a wide effect. Not sure who was doing it but i know for a fact that was the smoothest Nerg kill i have ever had.
    You know last night I had some weird stuff happen too. Not sure what it was. Was fighting Vaal Hazak and we...were taking no damage at all. Even before I put on my mantle. I also noticed that my damage had a dark orange border around it including white damage (using bow) I had damage, and defense buffs and something else. Nobody was taking damage even though I was certain it was coming in because I kept getting "your damage has been reduced" from one of my skills.

Smoothest kill I have had in game so far.

Jesus.Fuck. This was the sweatiest hunt i have had in fucking years and multiple games. No carts left. No healing items. 39 seconds on the clock and it was flying away and the zone was nothing but whirlwinds. One last flash bomb took it down and with no charged shield or sword i said fuck it and did the final combo to kill it and my hands were shaking.

God this is why i love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Jesus.Fuck. This was the sweatiest hunt i have had in fucking years and multiple games. No carts left. No healing items. 39 seconds on the clock and it was flying away and the zone was nothing but whirlwinds. One last flash bomb took it down and with no charged shield or sword i said fuck it and did the final combo to kill it and my hands were shaking.

God this is why i love this game.
    Holy fuck gratz! That must have been insane.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

90% sure its a tool for the palico that gives the buffs

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    90% sure its a tool for the palico that gives the buffs
    That'd be the Coral Orchestra, but you don't get to take the Palico with you when there are 3 or more people in the party.