Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is Alliance story line seriously mostly just pirates?

Was looking through BfA zones and dungeons and it looks like Alliance side of things is almost entirely pirate stuff (with the remainder being Drust). Two zones dedicated to them + 4 dungeons. Anyone else think this is a bit over much?

You look over Horde side and they have titan stuff, freeing a race from slavery, blood gods, lots of politics, and cultural building for multiple races.
    Go alliance and its: Pirates, the Drust which are admittedly cool, pirates starting a war, pirate prison, pirate strongholds, and some more pirates.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Leave the important business for the important faction

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its the equivilant of the ingame Pirates of the Caribbean, with the role of Keira Knightly played by Jaina Proudmore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Was looking through BfA zones and dungeons and it looks like Alliance side of things is almost entirely pirate stuff (with the remainder being Drust). Two zones dedicated to them + 4 dungeons. Anyone else think this is a bit over much?

You look over Horde side and they have titan stuff, freeing a race from slavery, blood gods, lots of politics, and cultural building for multiple races.
    Go alliance and its: Pirates, the Drust which are admittedly cool, pirates starting a war, pirate prison, pirate strongholds, and some more pirates.
    People been screaming for some south seas stuff for a long time and here it is.....kinda. I'm not mad because Legion kind of had a big focus on the Alliance and it's not so bad that Horde get something interesting in BFA.

P.S. Yohoho blow the man down and all the twangy bits!

10+ Year Old Account
    While you Hordies are dealing with an artificial Old God (up for interpretation), we'll be over here dealing with the so-obviously-not-Old-God-worshipping squid-priests.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Isn't Stormsong Valley old god/naga related? iirc it was said during blizzcon it was a zone dedicated to old forces and quillboar problems.

Agreed that the theme does not seem to be as great as in Zandalar. We haven't seen 2 zones for Kul'tiras yet, so hopefully they'll make it a bit more diverse than just pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Isn't Stormsong Valley old god/naga related? iirc it was said during blizzcon it was a zone dedicated to old forces and quillboar problems.
    Fairly sure everything old god/titan related is in Zandalar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    Yar har diddadly dar an alliance life for me

Deleted
    Wasn't one of the other zones supposted to be Witcher and Game of Thrones memes?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can gather, it's where the Sea Priests live and bless the boats made by the people in the area.
    Drustvar is about the death druid things.
    And I could have sworn there was something about a civil war/uprising from another House that was trying to wrest control from House Proudmoore.

Meanwhile, isn't Horde story basically:
    Civil War/Uprising.
    Old Gods/Blood Trolls.
    Loa problems.

?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

a 1 dimensional story for a 1 dimensional faction in my opinion. alliance isnt complex at all which is why most people see it as the good guy faction.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I think we do both. You get the titanic stuff at max level, we get that done and decide to go fight pirates. It seems like more interesting progression from an ally perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    From what I can gather, it's where the Sea Priests live and bless the boats made by the people in the area.
    Drustvar is about the death druid things.
    And I could have sworn there was something about a civil war/uprising from another House that was trying to wrest control from House Proudmoore.

Meanwhile, isn't Horde story basically:
    Civil War/Uprising.
    Old Gods/Blood Trolls.
    Loa problems.

?
    Drustvar is about a native species (the Drust) that the Humans who first arrived at Kul Tiras destroyed when they claimed the island, and now are apparently returning from the dead in strange golem or construct forums to slake their thirst for vengeance.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    Wasn't one of the other zones supposted to be Witcher and Game of Thrones memes?
    The have noble houses in kul'tiras and witches, and other beasties so yeah its in there.

7+ Year Old Account
    tiragarde sound is pirate themed, drustvar has their drust story, and stormsong is n'zoth and naga.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pirate zone, Witcher zone and Shadow Over Innsmouth zone? Hell fucking yeah

The ships are blessed by totally not n'zoth sea priests that were hired and revered by katherine proudmooore
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

On the other hand Alliance gets Drustvar which is a unique setting for WoW, witches, pagan slavic theme with primitive forms of dark druidism and witchcraft. While zandalar is undeniably cool, we've seen this sort of stuff before in multiple troll dungeons, raids and zones.

I'm looking forward to both sides of story, luckily nothing stops you from leveling through both questlines with an alt.

Deleted
    I mean you say that like it's a bad thing.

I'm honestly super stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    a 1 dimensional story for a 1 dimensional faction in my opinion. alliance isnt complex at all which is why most people see it as the good guy faction.
    Here we see the horde fanboy in its natural habbitat. Gloating about the Alliance getting a bad storyline.