Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Continuing what I figured out, it is actually a decent enough way to level right now, considering the slow down caused by increasing normals to be twice as long or more.

I use my second account to boost my leveling character through dungeons. I pick a dungeon thats just opened up at the levels he's reached, and go in with my lv110. I grab the quests and /follow the lv110 to complete those dungeon quests, at lv64 this gives me half a level at least. Then I come out, reset on my lv110, bring both back in, and leave my leveling alt at the door and run the dungeon on my max level alt 3-4 times more to get a level.

It sounds tedious, but its far, far less monotonous then the current system. It just seems hilarious how heroic dungeons at max level right now on geared characters flow faster then normal lower lv dungeons.
    #boycottchina

So what do you guys think is the best dungeon to run with two accounts within the 80-90 bracket, would Brewery still be the best option?

I'm doing BG while questing. Focusing hard on leading in order to win most matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what methods are there for 100-110?

Invasions, sure, but they aren't always up.
    Bonus objectives looks good.

But besides questing, is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

I just did questing, 30-40min per level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Could be decent from 91-100 in MoP zones. Those zones have crap loads of pet battles and are generally very very slow levels otherwise.
    Too bad 90-100 is already the fastest part of levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I just did questing, 30-40min per level.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad 90-100 is already the fastest part of levelling.
    If Legion questing is that fast (I really don't remember), I guess I'll just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisar View Post
    So what do you guys think is the best dungeon to run with two accounts within the 80-90 bracket, would Brewery still be the best option?
    I'd say anything that's relatively short with a quick exit. Being able to get out and start again easily is the priority.

If Legion questing is that fast (I really don't remember), I guess I'll just do that.
    I already have 12 alts so I know the quest routes pretty well so that might have effect. But basically I just completed all the quests in the zone and the instance after you get the quest for it. Then just moved to next zone. I didn't bother with campaign since I dont have any interest on playing these characters other than getting to 110.

At 98 go get your artifact. Then go back to WoD and continue bonuses and treasures until 101. You could push it to 102 I guess, but it might actually be slower since the exp drops off pretty drastically.

After that it's either get a summon to invasions (afaik that still works) or regular questing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    At 98 go get your artifact. Then go back to WoD and continue bonuses and treasures until 101. You could push it to 102 I guess, but it might actually be slower since the exp drops off pretty drastically.

After that it's either get a summon to invasions (afaik that still works) or regular questing.
    Argus Invasions don't work any more, you have to be 110 to interact with the portal. But regular legion invasions in the broken isles still work fine, and were better than Argus invasions before anyway. You can do legion invasions from level 98 onwards (only the quests, not the end scenario), and you can use World Quest Tracker to join groups for them.

Each invasion gives about 1.2 levels, so 10 invasions is enough to get from 98 to 110.

Bonus objectives are also a pretty good source of XP if you are bored of waiting for the next invasion to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'd quest and then queue, which is what I've been doing. I only do each once for the quests though. I'm not sure instances are worth it without it.
    While I was leveling my void elf, I noticed that the dungeon quests did not give too much XP than the quests in the world. It's my experience, but I think leveling through dungeons, even with the quests, is slower than just questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    While I was leveling my void elf, I noticed that the dungeon quests did not give too much XP than the quests in the world. It's my experience, but I think leveling through dungeons, even with the quests, is slower than just questing.
    Might be, I've been getting a good level + though in one run, so as long as it doesn't take too long it's not bad. Also the chance of filling in some gear and it's worth it imo. Not to mention it kind of breaks things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Argus Invasions don't work any more, you have to be 110 to interact with the portal. But regular legion invasions in the broken isles still work fine, and were better than Argus invasions before anyway. You can do legion invasions from level 98 onwards (only the quests, not the end scenario), and you can use World Quest Tracker to join groups for them.

Each invasion gives about 1.2 levels, so 10 invasions is enough to get from 98 to 110.

Bonus objectives are also a pretty good source of XP if you are bored of waiting for the next invasion to pop.
    That's weird, because I could swear I did a regular Legion invasion on my 101 DK today, all the way through the end-scenario, and didn't get a level. Are you sure you didn't have rested experience or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird, because I could swear I did a regular Legion invasion on my 101 DK today, all the way through the end-scenario, and didn't get a level. Are you sure you didn't have rested experience or something?
    No heirlooms? Lack of bonus XP invasion WQs? The one earlier in NA had quite a few, but idk your region.

My Warlock was level 100 @ ~20%, no rested. Ended up at level 101 @ 45%.

Yeah you will want heirlooms obviously.

No heirlooms? Lack of bonus XP invasion WQs? The one earlier in NA had quite a few, but idk your region.

My Warlock was level 100 @ ~20%, no rested. Ended up at level 101 @ 45%.
    Heirlooms go up to 110 now???

I did every WQ in the zone except one before the final scenario. This was in Valshara earlier today

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms go up to 110 now???
    Yes they do since 7.2.5. but you gotta buy upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Powerleveling through dungeons to 100 by a 110 is the best route.

Ally: 15-40: Stormwind Stockades Horde: Ragefire Chasm 15-40
    40-60: Stratholme Front Gate
    60-80: Hellfire Rampants
    80-90: Vortex Pinnacle
    90-100: Shitslag Mines or Iron Cocks [Whatever floats your boat]
    When you get to 100 just do regular questing, legion invasions and if you want, buy a argus wormhole generator and do the argus invasion points until you're 110.

Don't waste time with questing. It's pure shit no matter what people say.
    How much time does this strategy take?

Well, you can't do it all the way through the end scenario because that's only available at 110. Maybe you did something else?

That said, invasions are not consistent in terms of exp, because it depends how many of them spawn with bonus experience as a reward vs. something else. Always the same number of WQs, but the difference between 1 with bonus exp and 5 with bonus exp is huge. Personally, I don't do them on an alt unless it has at least 3 with bonus exp, and that always gets me 1-1.2 levels with full looms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yes they do since 7.2.5. but you gotta buy upgrades.
    Well shit...ok then. Not sure how I missed that. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Well, you can't do it all the way through the end scenario because that's only available at 110. Maybe you did something else?

That said, invasions are not consistent in terms of exp, because it depends how many of them spawn with bonus experience as a reward vs. something else. Always the same number of WQs, but the difference between 1 with bonus exp and 5 with bonus exp is huge. Personally, I don't do them on an alt unless it has at least 3 with bonus exp, and that always gets me 1-1.2 levels with full looms.
    I'm still pretty damn new to 7.3.5. Last time I played was before 7.1.

This was in Valshara, and I cleared the zone of WQs, which culminated in a scenario where I had to queue with 2 other players into a fight on top of a Legion ship.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I must have been on a capped alt to clear WQs. Funny how memory works.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-19 at 09:00 PM.