Could "Thin Humans" be related to Alterac and The Syndicate?

As Alliance and Horde are fighting over the rebuilding of Stromgarde, could The Syndicate and the betrayer Alterac Humans somehow show up and ally with the Horde again?

Just realized that The Syndicate still has almost no use, but has presence related in the heated zones that are northern EK.

Good lord, I hope not. Imagine the topsy turvy world where Alliance get Draenor orcs and Horde get Alteraci humans. That's the worst timeline, I tell you what.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2018-02-19 at 06:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fat and thin human models are used to create more variety in humanoid NPC models in Kul Tiras. Thin humans model is mostly used for beggars, criminals, deckhands, and peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    The betrayer Alterac Humans somehow show up and ally with the Horde again?
    I was pretty sure that all of that had been retconned in the novel that Perenolde alone turned traitor, ordering troops around and leaving passages unguarded, and after being captured and arrested - and then broken out by Deathwing and Teron Gorefiend, made a deal to give them information and an artifact in a deal that they would attack alliance forces camped in his lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Good lord, I hope not. Imagine the topsy turvy world where Alliancw get Draenor orcs and Horde get Alteraci humans. That's the worst timeline, I tell you what.
    And you know the best part?

It will be Saurfang who recruits the Orcs to the Alliance.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    Learn your lore.

It was only Perenold who betrayed old Alliance. Most of his generals and his own son were crazy when their knew about it.

IIRC Perenold's son who led Syndicate back in Vanilla hated his father for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The fat and thin human models are used to create more variety in humanoid NPC models in Kul Tiras. Thin humans model is mostly used for beggars, criminals, deckhands, and peasants.
    This needs to be quoted over and over, people thinking every single race is going to be allied races are completely wrong and nieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Learn your lore.

It was only Perenold who betrayed old Alliance. Most of his generals and his own son were crazy when their knew about it.

In his defence, in WC2 there were Alterac soldiers fighting with the Horde.

It has bothered me for a long time how poorly Alterac was implemented back in Classic. Just a tiny batch of mountainy land awkwardly surrounded by Lordaeron on all sides. So insignificant was its existence that its people moved to squat in Stromgarde and Durnholde to gain relevance. Alterac Valley is closer to how it should feel, but it was left out of the regional map, so as we traverse the land we don't experience Alterac in its proper glory.

The thin humans are part of Kul Tiras, but I don't see why they couldn't be used for other human nationalities as well, especially for one that's been on the rocks since the Second War. Because Alterac itself is so poorly implemented to the world, I feel its development will be limited to random disconnected bits like Bradensbrook. That town was a well-made addition of Gilnean lore, but its purpose was merely to act as prologue to Black Rook Hold. It could just as well have been a Darnassian settlement, but making it something else gave the night-elf-heavy zone some variety. Post-Syndicate Alteracians (Alteracans?) could have shaggy slum-like settlements here and there to serve as variety to their patron zone's main theme.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    This needs to be quoted over and over, people thinking every single race is going to be allied races are completely wrong and naive.
    While it gets over-done on WoW forums, it just makes sense that Kul'tiran Human would be an Allied Race considering the Alliance goes there to recruit them into the Alliance and the Horde goes to Zandalar and recruits the Zandalari, who are an Allied Race. Zandalari Troll - Kul'Tiran Human and Dark Iron Dwarf - Draenor Orc fit nicely as each other's equivalent in the way they're recruited. In addition, Orc/Troll and Human/Dwarf were the most iconic races of the RTS games, which BfA has referenced on more than one occasion, so it would be another nod to that to have them be the new Allied Races around the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    While it gets over-done on WoW forums, it just makes sense that Kul'tiran Human would be an Allied Race considering the Alliance goes there to recruit them into the Alliance and the Horde goes to Zandalar and recruits the Zandalari, who are an Allied Race. Zandalari Troll - Kul'Tiran Human and Dark Iron Dwarf - Draenor Orc fit nicely as each other's equivalent in the way they're recruited. In addition, Orc/Troll and Human/Dwarf were the most iconic races of the RTS games, which BfA has referenced on more than one occasion, so it would be another nod to that to have them be the new Allied Races around the same time.
    Kul'tiras will be an allied race i am pretty sure of it, but this whole "thin humans" thing will not. It's just a method of sorting model names for developers to easily find the as the name suggests thin humans when dictating models vs having to find which of the many Kul'tiras models is not plump every time they do a npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Learn your lore.

Funny coming from you, you dont know lore for shit in the alleria thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    I heard the thin human's place is gonna be M'oga Dishu.

Yeah, it makes the most sense for these human models to serve as more varied options for human NPCs in general for sure. However, having the remaining group of Alterac, which is scarce probably, to get involved somehow will be more interesting. Also on WoWWiki, assuming it is reliable enough and up-to-date, I've been reading this part:

"...the start of the Second War favored the orcs, and the future looked grim for the Alliance. Fearing for his kingdom should the Alliance fail, Lord Perenolde collaborated with the Orcish Horde, supplying them with information in exchange for the survival of the kingdom. Perenolde arranged for a convoy of high elves passing through Tarren Mill to be ambushed by trolls, organized a peasant revolt in Tyr's Hand to cover mining operations there, and attempted to assassinate Sir Uther Lightbringer by employing pirates to tamper with the Order of the Silver Hand.[1] Perenolde also allowed the Horde to pass unimpeded by mountain passes in Alterac towards Lordaeron.[2]

After Perenolde's treachery was uncovered, the army of Stromgarde, led by Thoras Trollbane, travelled to the small kingdom, quickly imposing martial law. General Hath of Alterac had remained loyal to the Alliance and allowed Thoras and his forces to pass unharmed, ambushing orcs in the process.[3]

A previous account given in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, indicates that Alterac was completely destroyed by the Alliance forces after its treason.[4] However, this contradicts the information later given in the Warcraft novels.

Alterac survivors, particularly Lord Perenolde, later aided Ner'zhul's forces during the shaman's quest to steal magical artifacts to open new portals.

Following the end of the war, Thoras Trollbane demanded that the eastern portion of Alterac be annexed to Stromgarde in recognition of its efforts and sacrifices during the conflict. King Terenas of Lordaeron was undecided on what to do, thinking about giving the throne to Perenolde's son, Aliden. Greymane of Gilneas also joined the dispute, supporting the claims of a nephew of Perenolde, Isiden, who had taken refuge in Gilneas. Deathwing, disguised as Lord Prestor, attempted to magically convince the leaders of the Alliance into making him Alterac's new ruler. Although he had succeeded, and King Terenas planned to give control of the area to Lord Prestor, the plan was abandoned when Prestor "disappeared" (following Deathwing's defeat at Grim Batol), and the remnants of Alterac were left in the ruins they are today.

As a kingdom, Alterac effectively ended when the forces of Lordaeron and Stromgarde overthrew Lord Perenolde. However, the Syndicate that arose during the anarchy-filled days after the nation’s dissolution became a politically active as well as militarily forceful entity. Though severed from its snowy heartland, Alterac, in the form of the Syndicate, has continued to expand its frontiers into the modern age, exacting its revenge upon its old foe of Stromgarde.

The Alterac area remains disputed and unrested, with the ruins of the city controlled by the Crushridge ogres and the remaining Alterac survivors scattered in camps and the strategic town of Strahnbrad, most of which are members of the Syndicate criminal network."

So pretty much that there are innocent victims, traitor king and his followers, the Syndicate, and etc. Still seems possible to have Alterac survivors who's got the grudge against the Stromgardians I'd say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Funny coming from you, you dont know lore for shit in the alleria thread
    Maybe but it doesn't make my statement wrong. I know human lore in Warcraft.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thin Humans are probably going to be the new Horde Allied Race. Basically, Defias Humans from Westfall it looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    As Alliance and Horde are fighting over the rebuilding of Stromgarde, could The Syndicate and the betrayer Alterac Humans somehow show up and ally with the Horde again?

Just realized that The Syndicate still has almost no use, but has presence related in the heated zones that are northern EK.
    No thanks, really. As well, the Syndicate hates both sides after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why should the Thin Humans represent a faction, let alone be a faction that joins the Horde? Unless Sylvanas decides it is a good idea to create the Starving Legion of Humans, this will keep being a customisation feature, if it becomes a feature to begin with.

As for Alterac in this particular note, their people would need to have an incentive. Do you see them surviving long under Sylvanas' rule? Why should she not make them fodder or experiment on them for any new potential Forsaken chems?

Some sense people...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    Good lord, I hope not. Imagine the topsy turvy world where Alliancw get Draenor orcs and Horde get Alteraci humans. That's the worst timeline, I tell you what.
    the alliance now has the most played model of the horde!

Shadowmoon Exiles are part of the alliance! rulkan is a good character
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rulkan_(alternate_universe)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the alliance now has the most played model of the horde!

Shadowmoon Exiles are part of the alliance! rulkan is a good character
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rulkan_(alternate_universe)
    It'd honestly be hilarious if they became a full allied race for the Alliance.