Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Zandalari Paladins exist in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    That thread is taking about "that we should have paladins, this thread explians that its not possible and shows blizzard mindset on the issue.
    Blizzard's mindset is not singular in any direction. It's a collective of designers, each with a different direction in mind. The thing is, things can co either way at any moment because they're constantly trying, testing, and throwing away ideas.

Dark Iron Death Knights was something they considered at the time of BFA's announcement. By the time of the Forbes interview, they said no Allied Races DK's. What is Blizzard's mindset behind the sudden change? No one really knows except the designers, because it could literally be anything. If it were purely a lore reasoning, then they wouldn't have considered the possibilities in the first place since Dark Irons were nowhere near Northrend or the Plaguelands during Wrath. Yet there's no reason why they couldn't be written to fit in that timeline. Same goes with Zandalari Paladins, no reason why they couldn't be written in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RizzleFrazzle View Post
    Exactly, Just as Tauren Paladins use the sun, the exact same case would be to say that Zandalari could justify it through their own interpretation of the light. Hex or not.
    before embracing the Sun, the Zandalari would become Enchantment shamans or Feral druids or Warriors.

If a Zandalari Priest want to become a melee Priest he will become those 2 classes I stated right over here, since there Priests does not worship the light, but Nature and the Spirits.

So, Nature and Spirits are far far away from the light.

Instend the Taurens and there druids worship the light and the sun, since the Night elf in general and there druids focus on the moon, the Tauren focus on the sun, that is why Tauren paladins work fine.

Elune the moon God of the night elfs has a differnt name for the tauren and they mean that she is the sun God.

The Zandalari worship nither the moon nor the sun, they focus on there surraundings, and there ancestors, that is why they are atunred to nature and spriti magic.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Too bad that Zandalari Priests/Prelates/Paladins already exist. Zandalari have been exposed to the Light, and since you love the word lore, you can check the lore to verify that. Ergo, Zandalari Priests who wish to take up arms could easily become Paladins. You're pretending that the Zandalari are just out there wearing loin cloths chucking spears at wild game. They're far, far more than that, and you're just being willfully ignorant to it, or you're making a bait thread.

All that gibberish you typed as an OP is pretty irrelevant because, well, it's all wrong. We may not see them as a playable class/race combo for balance reasons, but that doesn't rule out their existence totally.

Also, please quit pretending you know what a fictional character would do. You keep saying, "Zandalari would do this..." or "Zandalari would worship this..."... You don't know any of that, and you're passing it off as if you know it to be fact. I don't know if you just have a personal vendetta towards Zandalari Paladins, but try not to be so narrow-minded. Even if they didn't exist, that could easily change.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-19 at 06:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Zandalari Paladins exist in lore.
    every Class Exists in lore with many different races, but making it a playable class is making it a spread out class that would ruin the special nature of that Race/class combo,

as an Example the Undead Paladin in Naxxramas exists in lore, but I would be crazy to make Undead forsaken paladins, you can have 1 special things, but if you make it normal is not special any more.

I see your point, but in the end its all about what Zandalari Culture would focus on, Paladins in the alliance and the Horde are looked uppoon as great and Honorable people, but with in the zandalari they would be look uppon as a sub class and nothings great at all, that is why the Zandalari fighters would choose many different classes before going for Paladin teachings,

Don`t mistake me, there are Troll paladins, ofc there is, but its would be 1% of 1% of 1%, so it would be very few in numbers... that is why I tell you that making it a Palayable class it not right... since we would have zandalari paladins all over the place.

btw, if you say that there are paladin Trolls, show me where I can find them or the Text you have read ^^

great speaking to you
    -

every Class Exists in lore with many different races, but making it a playable class is making it a spread out class that would ruin the special nature of that Race/class combo,

as an Example the Undead Paladin in Naxxramas exists in lore, but I would be crazy to make Undead forsaken paladins, you can have 1 special things, but if you make it normal is not special any more.

I see your point, but in the end its all about what Zandalari Culture would focus on, Paladins in the alliance and the Horde are looked uppoon as great and Honorable people, but with in the zandalari they would be look uppon as a sub class and nothings great at all, that is why the Zandalari fighters would choose many different classes before going for Paladin teachings,

Don`t mistake me, there are Troll paladins, ofc there is, but its would be 1% of 1% of 1%, so it would be very few in numbers... that is why I tell you that making it a Palayable class it not right... since we would have zandalari paladins all over the place.

btw, if you say that there are paladin Trolls, show me where I can find them or the Text you have read ^^

great speaking to you
    So, then, all this nonsense you're typing is because you don't want them to be playable? Because it sure sounded like you were saying it wasn't possible at first, and now you're basically ret-conning your OP to say it would... ruin something? It would make it not special? What does that even have to do with anything?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Blizzard's mindset is not singular in any direction. It's a collective of designers, each with a different direction in mind. The thing is, things can co either way at any moment because they're constantly trying, testing, and throwing away ideas.

Dark Iron Death Knights was something they considered at the time of BFA's announcement. By the time of the Forbes interview, they said no Allied Races DK's. What is Blizzard's mindset behind the sudden change? No one really knows except the designers, because it could literally be anything. If it were purely a lore reasoning, then they wouldn't have considered the possibilities in the first place since Dark Irons were nowhere near Northrend or the Plaguelands during Wrath. Yet there's no reason why they couldn't be written to fit in that timeline. Same goes with Zandalari Paladins, no reason why they couldn't be written in.
    The idea behind this thing is that sure there can be a Zandalari Paladin or an Dark Iron dwarf, but it would be so few in numbers that it would feel strange to have them walking around in huge numbers and that is what the "playable classes are" a class that are wide spread among a race
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    before embracing the Sun, the Zandalari would become Enchantment shamans or Feral druids or Warriors.

If a Zandalari Priest want to become a melee Priest he will become those 2 classes I stated right over here, since there Priests does not worship the light, but Nature and the Spirits.

So, Nature and Spirits are far far away from the light.

Instend the Taurens and there druids worship the light and the sun, since the Night elf in general and there druids focus on the moon, the Tauren focus on the sun, that is why Tauren paladins work fine.

Elune the moon God of the night elfs has a differnt name for the tauren and they mean that she is the sun God.

The Zandalari worship nither the moon nor the sun, they focus on there surraundings, and there ancestors, that is why they are atunred to nature and spriti magic.
    Again, it's been shown a few times that the Zandalari are highly attuned with the light but you'd rather ignore that since it doesn't fit your headcannon.
    They are attuned to the light through the loa, just like the Sunwalkers are attuned through the light through the sun.

There's more than one way to use the power of the light, Blood elves and Tauren have both used non direct sources to gain their power. It's like using your shower to get water vs using your bath to get it. Different methods but it's all from the same source.

Lol, ever heard of void elves? Blizz isn't going to let minority numbers prevent something if they wanted.
    Last edited by RizzleFrazzle; 2018-02-19 at 06:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Too bad that Zandalari Priests/Prelates/Paladins already exist. Zandalari have been exposed to the Light, and since you love the word lore, you can check the lore to verify that. Ergo, Zandalari Priests who wish to take up arms could easily become Paladins. You're pretending that the Zandalari are just out there wearing loin cloths chucking spears at wild game. They're far, far more than that, and you're just being willfully ignorant to it, or you're making a bait thread.

All that gibberish you typed as an OP is pretty irrelevant because, well, it's all wrong. We may not see them as a playable class/race combo for balance reasons, but that doesn't rule out their existence totally.

Also, please quit pretending you know what a fictional character would do. You keep saying, "Zandalari would do this..." or "Zandalari would worship this..."... You don't know any of that, and you're passing it off as if you know it to be fact. I don't know if you just have a personal vendetta towards Zandalari Paladins, but try not to be so narrow-minded. Even if they didn't exist, that could easily change.

great speaking to you

- - - Updated - - -

So, then, all this nonsense you're typing is because you don't want them to be playable? Because it sure sounded like you were saying it wasn't possible at first, and now you're basically ret-conning your OP to say it would... ruin something? It would make it not special? What does that even have to do with anything?
    A Class that can be playable is a wide spread class, lets say that a small group of Zandalari trolls find there way to silvermoon or thunderbluff, they join up the paladin orders and try to fit in, this would be ok.... but making it possible to be playable... making it 1000 or 10000 Zandalari paladins... is just not normal or into the culture of ideals of the Zandalari paladins.

for example, in Italy you eat at 14:00 and 20:00 by there culture at that hour you are suppose to eat, but if you come up to scandinavia, it more normal to eat at 12:00 and 18:00...

My point is, everyone can eat when they want... but for an entire populatiion to embrace the Paladin order and start worshiping a hole new idea, just because the joined a major faction is crazy talk.
    -

The idea behind this thing is that sure there can be a Zandalari Paladin or an Dark Iron dwarf, but it would be so few in numbers that it would feel strange to have them walking around in huge numbers and that is what the "playable classes are" a class that are wide spread among a race
    Blood Elves after Warcraft 3 were so few in number that they shouldn't be playable either, especially separating from the already-few-in-number High Elf factions. Yet we were then shown Silvermoon sprawling with Elves, many many Elves in Netherstorm, and not to mention many many more who were turned into the Withered which should show how few in number the Blood Elves should be.

Demon Hunters as a class in the lore are already so few in numbers that they shouldn't be playable. Of all the Demon Hunters trained by Illidan, we're shown that only the select few can survive his training. Many others were also slaughtered by the player factions during TBC. The ones we play as are the surviving members that were kept alive by Maiev, not even counting how many her Wardens may have slaughtered in their encounter. That isn't a huge number at all.

Blood Elves the highest population race in the Horde across all playable races. Blood Elf Demon Hunters are also more numerous than most Gnome classes. Lore doesn't support that at all.

I don't see how Zandalari Paladin would be fewer in number than a Blood Elf Demon Hunter and why that would be a reason why they shouldn't be playable. It's not a good explanation when we are clearly shown niche race/class combos breaking the lore.

I mean honestly, we don't know the reason. It could be something as stupid simple as one designer's argument that Zandalari should not wield Ashbringer and a bunch of his designer buddies agreeing and excluding them as a whole.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-02-19 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RizzleFrazzle View Post
    Again, it's been shown a few times that the Zandalari are highly attuned with the light but you'd rather ignore that since it doesn't fit your headcannon.
    They are attuned to the light through the loa, just like the Sunwalkers are attuned through the light through the sun.

There's more than one way to use the power of the light, Blood elves and Tauren have both used non direct sources to gain their power. It's like using your shower to get water vs using your bath to get it. Different methods but it's all from the same source.

Lol, ever heard of void elves? Blizz isn't going to let minority numbers prevent something if they wanted.
    I understand your point and it could work, but remember the Zandalari culture and the Troll culture it self is very Ancient, why have we not seen the very nature of Light fighting Faraki trolls, Amani trolls Ecc, its because the very CORE OF TROLL culture is about Nature and there ancient Spirits,

So having this in mind, if a small part of the Zandalari population would start a new paladin order they would be shut down or banished or even looked down uppon as an "Alien" class

So Zandalari trolls would be thinking hard before becoming a Paladin, this the is the main reason why Playable Zandalari trolls would be wrong and not right, but instend making them become NATURE PALADINS Shamans and druids are 100% more right
    -

Any chance we can get the various Zandalari Paladin threads compiled into a megathread please?

great speaking to you
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities

There's your Zandalari Prelate (Paladin).

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand your point and it could work, but remember the Zandalari culture and the Troll culture it self is very Ancient, why have we not seen the very nature of Light fighting Faraki trolls, Amani trolls Ecc, its because the very CORE OF TROLL culture is about Nature and there ancient Spirits,

So having this in mind, if a small part of the Zandalari population would start a new paladin order they would be shut down or banished or even looked down uppon as an "Alien" class

So Zandalari trolls would be thinking hard before becoming a Paladin, this the is the main reason why Playable Zandalari trolls would be wrong and not right, but instend making them become NATURE PALADINS Shamans and druids are 100% more right
    Yes, a holy and warrior race would find the idea of someone merging two of their biggest cultural ideologies together absolutely horrendous and exile anyone who considered it. There's nothing alien about it, all the ingredients to the paladin recipe is right there just Blizz is making no sense with it. Same with Dark Iron's not being able to be shamans (They've been worshipping Ragnaros for how long and yet are expected to have no Elemental attunement, wut?)

These guys are an ancient race that predate Tauren, Humans and Blood Elves. They've had so much more time than anyone else to research into the light and it's uses in combat that it's insane to assume that they wouldn't have already.

"But that doesn't count because."

Just calling it now.

Lets do a thinking process "Zandalari Trolls" are Tribal and Hex/Loa focused Culture based.

lets Splitt all of the Zandalari Population in % with all of the classes,

So, if you where a Zandalari Troll that tought about beeeing a Melee fighter...

1st: You would want to be a Warrior to defend your tribe or to shred your enemys

2nd: you Would want to become a SHadow hunter "lets say its a Survivol spec with some shadow spells" since that specific class is not in game.

3rd: you would want to become an ENchanment shaman, to use the elements while you fight with your weapons in the front lines

4th: you would become a Feral or Guardian druid, to use the very Nature to defend your tribe or fight your foe.

5th: You would want to linger in the shadow and fight your enemeys with the skills of a Rogue.

So, before 1 Zandalari troll would want to become a paladin he would become these 5,

TELLING A ZANDALARI TROLL TO BECOME A PALAIND IS LIKE TELLING A SCANDINAVIAN TO WORTHSHIP A VODO AFRICAN GOD, its not in there Culture or in there mind set.

its would be the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of the Zandalari populations, so having a 50% of the player base race change to it would look so stupid and be so wrong.

Making it so that some Races can not be certen classes is great, it makes the RACE/CLASS combo feel more special and unic... if everyone can have everything then NOTHING IS SPECIAL....

ZANDALARI TROLLS can become Paladins... they are NATURE PALAINDS = Shamans and Druids...

I Praise BLIZZARD for keeping to there Lore and putting there foot down on certen important things!

Share your Toughts and lets talk about it, if you did not understand the post I would gladly speak with you
    Is this some sort of weird fan fic? w t h

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets do a thinking process "Zandalari Trolls" are Tribal and Hex/Loa focused Culture based.

lets Splitt all of the Zandalari Population in % with all of the classes,

So, if you where a Zandalari Troll that tought about beeeing a Melee fighter...

1st: You would want to be a Warrior to defend your tribe or to shred your enemys

2nd: you Would want to become a SHadow hunter "lets say its a Survivol spec with some shadow spells" since that specific class is not in game.

3rd: you would want to become an ENchanment shaman, to use the elements while you fight with your weapons in the front lines

4th: you would become a Feral or Guardian druid, to use the very Nature to defend your tribe or fight your foe.

5th: You would want to linger in the shadow and fight your enemeys with the skills of a Rogue.

So, before 1 Zandalari troll would want to become a paladin he would become these 5,

TELLING A ZANDALARI TROLL TO BECOME A PALAIND IS LIKE TELLING A SCANDINAVIAN TO WORTHSHIP A VODO AFRICAN GOD, its not in there Culture or in there mind set.

its would be the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of the Zandalari populations, so having a 50% of the player base race change to it would look so stupid and be so wrong.

Making it so that some Races can not be certen classes is great, it makes the RACE/CLASS combo feel more special and unic... if everyone can have everything then NOTHING IS SPECIAL....

ZANDALARI TROLLS can become Paladins... they are NATURE PALAINDS = Shamans and Druids...

I Praise BLIZZARD for keeping to there Lore and putting there foot down on certen important things!

Share your Toughts and lets talk about it, if you did not understand the post I would gladly speak with you
    you must hate the sunwalkers then

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you must hate the sunwalkers then
    He seemingly also hates the concept of different Troll cultures, being.. well, different.

Meanwhile, a Zandalari Troll would slap you for implying Darkspear and Zandalari culture are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    He seemingly also hates the concept of different Troll cultures, being.. well, different.

Meanwhile, a Zandalari Troll would slap you for implying Darkspear and Zandalari culture are the same.
    It would be a pretty good slap tho, I mean he would jump out from his tree which is where his Zandalari tree hut is and slap you. You wouldn't even see the savage lingering.

7+ Year Old Account

The Zandalari trolls we find in ToT are those Renegade trolls that followed the Prophet Zul, we will find out more about this in BFA, but as Renegade Zandalari trolls, ofc they could be paladins, as I said to another person in this thred.

The very nature and idea behind the Paladin class is looked down uppon by the troll cultures, so Zandalari trolls that would want to become a paladin with be outcasts or downright less liked people, just as the Followers of the Prophet Zul.

thanks you for this info, as you can see, all of his spells are focus on the Loa with are ancient Spirits and demi Gods, it has nothing to do with the sun or The light.

Since I know you will fight me back, the "Light of the Loa" could be a direct power for that spirit, using the "light" word to show that it comes dirrectly from that Specific Loa.
    -