Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    the Drust which are admittedly cool
    Drust would be cool if there was more lore on them. But despite the fact that their Witches take up the entire zone, and the zone is much less varied than Nazmir, we get a lot less flavor lore on them. Basically amounting to "They had evil magics, killed defenseless villagers because they were evil, and got their asses kicked once people started fighting back". With no real characters among them, except maybe a very few. While Nazmir actually sets up proper subplots and characters for them.

Drustvar sucks right now. There's no comparison with Nazmir where Nazmir doesn't look a thousand times better. I don't just mean in that Nazmir was designed to be more epic while Drustvar is mysterious and low key. I mean that in the sense that Nazmir has characters with memorable personalities, villains that aren't just some savage that was genocided the moment someone fought back and actually seem worth being scared of, and it makes one hell of an introduction to various aspects of Troll culture and their general attitude. We even see hints as to the origins of the Blood Trolls in various places, getting an impression of who and what they were.

Random fucking quest targets in Nazmir are better built up as threats than the Drust King. Loa who have already been killed are given more character.

Drustvar is currently in need of a major revamp. I'd recommend giving the Drust more actual lore. Probably have their spirits play a more visible role, since the Wicker Constructs just seem to be mindless constructs. Not Drust possessed. Build up an incursion of these ancient spirits as a real threat. That would probably add some variety to the zone as well. If there werre beings actually possessed by the Drust, and talking as if they were possessed by the Drust, that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    pagan slavic theme
    Celtic, actually. The art style may be based on the Witcher, but the constructs are called "Wicker Men" and are visibly powered by sacrifices inside of them. Which is Celtic. The word "Drust" is Celtic. The name of the local White Stag spirit, Athair, is Celtic. The blue and painted skin in the Drust concept art is Celtic.

The particular brand of Celtic is probably Pictish, in case anyone's curious. Drust is the Pictish form of the word after all, a name held by several Pictish Kings. Picts are also known for resisting occupation and being extinct. And not having actual written records for the most part, mostly just pictures on stones. Like the Drust.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-19 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    tiragarde sound is pirate themed, drustvar has their drust story, and stormsong is n'zoth and naga.
    This is true. Just watched Drustvar playthrough and it was all about witches and Drust, it's definitely not all about pirates. Stormsong will probably be setup for naga like you say.

Would also like to make it clear, I don't think Drustvar should be like Nazmir. I just think it should be like Drustvar, but better. It could just be that Drustbat is currently in a lesser state of completion, I suppose.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-19 at 05:40 PM.

I guess the horde story is good if you're into titans and a lesser old god but the Alliance story links into N'zoth and the naga, which is the larger threat. Ultimately, I think both of the stories are worth playing.
    Last edited by delus; 2018-02-19 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I guess the horde story is good if you're into titans and a lesser old god but the Alliance story links into N'zoth and the naga, which is the larger threat.
    There are Naga in Nazmir and more Old God stuff in Zandalar than just G'huun, if datamining is to be believed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm looking forward to it

Deleted
    Was looking through BfA zones and dungeons and it looks like Alliance side of things is almost entirely pirate stuff (with the remainder being Drust). Two zones dedicated to them + 4 dungeons. Anyone else think this is a bit over much?

You look over Horde side and they have titan stuff, freeing a race from slavery, blood gods, lots of politics, and cultural building for multiple races.
    Go alliance and its: Pirates, the Drust which are admittedly cool, pirates starting a war, pirate prison, pirate strongholds, and some more pirates.
    Biased much? One could as well say "Damn man, Horde looks boring af in BFA, it's all trolls RIP"

We'll have to see how it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard -knowing Trolls tend to be seen as filler content and not wanting a repeat of the Horde feeling shafted like in Legion- tried to focus on more important aspects and ended up going a little overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    We'll have to see how it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard -knowing Trolls tend to be seen as filler content and not wanting a repeat of the Horde feeling shafted like in Legion- tried to focus on more important aspects and ended up going a little overboard.
    Saying they went overboard by making a good zone is kind of silly. If that's overboard, I wish Blizzard went overboard more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Biased much? One could as well say "Damn man, Horde looks boring af in BFA, it's all trolls RIP"
    But it's not just Trolls. That's what makes it good. Its Trolls, Gods, turtle people, Goblins, Naga, snake people, undead, Old Gods, Titans, and so on.

Drustvar is just humans and human constructs, using magic from an extinct human culture in human towns to mind control humans which humans have to kill. And animals I guess. A few scattered undead too. But mostly humans.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-19 at 07:33 PM.

So what I'm getting a general vibe is.... BfA really is just Cataclysm 2.0, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So what I'm getting a general vibe is.... BfA really is just Cataclysm 2.0, eh?
    It's the same basic idea, isn't it? The world is dying, the factions are too busy warring with one another to actually help, the Old Gods and their minions are acting up, and we're finally finishing the Zandalar plotline that started in Cata. Maybe even the Forsaken one too.

/Shrug

i rather have 3 zones of different human culture then more Troll stuff.Zandalar City is pretty, but the rest of the zones are not that interesting, reminds me a lot of Tannan jungle.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Was looking through BfA zones and dungeons and it looks like Alliance side of things is almost entirely pirate stuff (with the remainder being Drust). Two zones dedicated to them + 4 dungeons. Anyone else think this is a bit over much?

You look over Horde side and they have titan stuff, freeing a race from slavery, blood gods, lots of politics, and cultural building for multiple races.
    Go alliance and its: Pirates, the Drust which are admittedly cool, pirates starting a war, pirate prison, pirate strongholds, and some more pirates.
    But whats so bad about pirates? pirates are awesome!

this will just be patch 0 stuff, patch 1 will likely make it all obsolete anyway, and if im not mistaken, at some point ally and horde swap islands and invade eachother, so alliance will get a chance to deal with the blood god stuff and the horde will get a chance to obtain some of that sweet pirate booty!

AFAIK alliance get a 'witch' themed story arc revolving around house waycrest.

Personally i think on the surface, alliance zones will look mostly tame but have something really dangerous boiling beneath the surface, im expecting a slow burn on that one, the horde side gets everything more out in the open from the start with blood trolls unashamedly worshiping old god stuff.

One thing i would love to see is a ressurected Daelin proudmore who sold his soul to the old gods and takes command of the pirate fleets, maybe in patch 1 or something, would love to raid humans for a damn change!

Stormsong Valley seems to have very little, if any, pirate involvement. There's old god stuff, quillboars, bees and naga. Don't know why you think it's a pirate zone.

Deleted
    Death druid and wooden golems

Pirates

Lovecraft tentacle cult

All of these sound amazing. If I wasn't such a easy lay for troll lore I'd be jealous of the Allaince range and variability of enemy as as opposed to the Hordes

Troll outcast and snakes

Blood trolls

Troll rebels

Not that I'm complaining about the Horde side.

Good thing I can do both storylines without any hassle.

There are three zones. Each has it's own enemy - just like in Zandalar (where the zones revolve around the Sethrak, Zul, and Blood Trolls).

Drustvar focuses on the ancient Drust people, who are "death druids" that the early humans killed in Kul Tiras. They are the wicker enemies we've seen. There are entire haunted forests and ghost towns because of this. House Waycrest allies themselves with the Drust for power, culminating in us fighting them and the Drust King in Waycrest Manor - a 5 man dungeon.

Stormsong Valley deals with the Sea Priests. They're very important to Kul Tiras' culture. They bless ships and cleanse people with water. However, production of the ships has been slowed down for some reason. There's a "curse" going around the Sea Priests, which seems to be Old God related. They have Faceless One-like faces, their temple looks like a squid/Faceless One, and the culture has even adapted to this by having those types of motifs inside and outside their very homes and shops. Their temple is also a 5 man dungeon.

The only zone with pirates seems to be Tiragarde Sound, which does have Freehold in it. But, there's also a Naga/Old God plot to that zone, it seems. One of the noble houses joins Azshara and attacks Boralus, which is in Tiragarde Sound. That attack is also a 5 man dungeon, just like Freehold. Pirates are only one part of the story of Kul Tiras. So, don't know where you got the idea that it's "all" about pirates.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    Pirate zone, Witcher zone and Shadow Over Innsmouth zone? Hell fucking yeah
    When you put it like that, Kul'tiras does sound almost as cool as the Horde's dinosaur, blood troll and Old God awesomeness.

Almost.

thats what you get for beeing humans and friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    When you put it like that, Kul'tiras does sound almost as cool as the Horde's dinosaur, blood troll and Old God awesomeness.

Almost.
    Yeah I try to be positive about it!

At least once we reach max level we will be able to quest in the Horde's zones and vice versa, right?