Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wow is dead, any alternatives?

Wow is done for, this time i won't buy it, legion was an ok expansion, it had some new decent ideas like mythic+ and single player challenges but even then it wasn't that great, the artifact farm was brutal and the pvp sucked, the lore kinda saved it.

Battle of azeroth is an underdeveloped filler expansion, it's just an ugly extension of legion, it has nothing new to offer, im not sure what you people expect from this, i think they added the original wow in order to save it, wow no longer worth the 13e monthly subscription. I wouldn't be surprised if the original wow surpass battle of azeroth in terms of players. Yeah that's very possible, i think hardcore guilds would probably try to compete on vanilla raids as well. It makes sense why azeroth sucks so much, blizzard is completely taken over by activision and you know what that means, just watch destiny 2, enough said. The developers focused too much on original wow as well.

So can anyone suggest another mmo? what is the best mmo right now? im pretty sure wow isn't anymore. RIP

7+ Year Old Account
    Ffxiv

/10

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think WoW is dead, there aren't any alternatives for you as it is the largest MMO still.

I'd suggest FFXIV but I'd rather people like yourself go somewhere else.

Deleted
    Wildstar

If WoW is "dead", then all the others are long buried and decayed.

Sorry, guess you'll have to stick with Candy Crush. It's demanding for someone like yourself, but I believe in you!!

Most popular MMO on the market is dead?

Oh wait just the same thing people have been spouting for the past 10 years or so.

Just kidding -- Classic WoW is on the horizon. Hooray!

WoW isnt dead, you just don't like it anymore.
    FFXIV is a solid mmo though and they just released a new expansion quite recently.

This is why I miss Jaylock. He actually tries with threads.

And this is when you hope they will add B.Net integration into mmo-champion at some point...so you can click the OP, see their actual character, value it as "No opinion allowed" and move on.

Seeing as how Battle For Azeroth is still in early alpha and we know next to nothing about the major features such as Warfronts and the Island Expeditions, as well as anything past the 112 leveling experience, I think its safe to say that you have no idea what you're talking about, and simply just want to be done with the game. That being said, I am worried about BfA, mainly the removal of class halls and artifacts, as these were systems that I enjoyed a lot in Legion. The story and zones don't seem to pull me in as much as Legion, but I'm still willing to try it.

Ffxiv is next in line, maybe BDO, then gw2? then tera all good games depending on what u want

Wait for classic wow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post

Just kidding -- Classic WoW is on the horizon. Hooray!
    Yeah, i could stay for classic wow, im really curious how it will end up but i don't buy BoA that's for sure.

Just take a break. Does wonders for the soul. Even if you refuse to comeback i would just break and wait for one of the MMOs coming this year and hope it doesn't crash and burn.

I'm waiting to see how Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and Ashes of Creation turn out which show some promise for the genre. Other alternatives are Guild Wars 2, Black Desert Online and FFXIV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is why I miss Jaylock. He actually tries with threads.
    Where did Jaylock go?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm waiting to see how Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and Ashes of Creation turn out which show some promise for the genre. Other alternatives are Guild Wars 2, Black Desert Online and FFXIV.
    No they really don't have any promise. They are just a plague of Kickstarter MMOs that are part of the reason the market is flooded with terrible games.

Ashes of Creation is going to flop. It's a sub based game that asked for more money when it was already fully funded. Not to mention the rumors of devs being linked to pyramid schemes. The model is the big killer. If big brand names like ESO have to switch model then what hope does this have?

If these two games even take off I'll happily come back and say to you I was wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-20 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge if true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Where did Jaylock go?
    Banned for life i hope.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread + thread title would have gone over so much better if you had simply stated "WoW is dead to me, Any alternatives?" the keyword being "to me" and doing so will have likely reduced the backlash your seeing here.

WoW at least the current live version of WoW to me is also dead and I believe beyond repair or redemption simply because of the drastic changes and features added over the years that will likely never ever be removed or considered for removing thereby making it beyond repair "for me" at least.

I still get lots of fun from older versions of WoW and intend to play WoW:Classic when it comes out and holds true to its authenticity, but in the meanwhile I'd recommend trying out random or different MMO's or RPG's until that happens.
    I recently picked up Elder Scrolls: Morrowind+Oblivion and have started modding those games and having decent fun, I'd recommend you doing something similar of picking up games you long have heard about but for some reason or another just chose to stay away likely due to the presence of wow in your life.
    I wish you luck finding a game to hopefully tide you over until something better comes along.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2018-02-20 at 12:26 AM.