Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Unless the game makers lose their whole database I can get a new copy digitally. You can't do that with a cd.

Also CD damage isn't a hypothetical thing.
    Take care of your stuff and you don't have to worry about it being damaged. Hell I'm still rocking my copy of Final Fantasy 7 I got when I was 14. Also there has been many cases where people have lost there digital goods.

Hell the Wii is a perfect example seeing how people are about to lose everything they bought on it.

Also blu-ray's are coated it takes ALOT to even scratch one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Meanwhile if I beat a game 1 week that I won't replay for awhile when it's much cheaper I can turn around and get $40+ back for it after only spending $48 on it.

You can't do that with digital.
    Yep this so much, Hell even with Gamestop you can normally get half of your cost back in trade credit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-19 at 11:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, it kind of is.

If you're breaking Blu Ray discs that should only be in their case or in your console you have bigger issues then the disc breaking.

Don't even try the lame ass disc rot argument. This isn't terrible ass CDs from the Saturn and PS1 era.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile if I beat a game 1 week that I won't replay for awhile when it's much cheaper I can turn around and get $40+ back for it after only spending $48 on it.

You can't do that with digital.
    You may take offense to this, but I'm not scummy like that. Unless a product is broken I don't take it back because I was too stupid to look into said product before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Take care of your stuff and you don't have to worry about it being damaged. Hell I'm still rocking my copy of Final Fantasy 7 I got when I was 14. Also there has been many cases where people have lost there digital goods.

Hell the Wii is a perfect example seeing how people are about to lose everything they bought on it.

Also blu-ray's are coated it takes ALOT to even scratch one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep this so much, Hell even with Gamestop you can normally get half of your cost back in trade credit.
    I do, but accidents/family/friends happen. With digital I don't have to worry about that + I save time and gas money not having to travel to a store 30+ miles away.

Unless the game makers lose their whole database I can get a new copy digitally. You can't do that with a cd.

Also CD damage isn't a hypothetical thing.
    If you take care of your CDs it is a thing, and not every game maker has bake ups. *cough* nintendo *cough*
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You may take offense to this, but I'm not scummy like that. Unless a product is broken I don't take it back because I was too stupid to look into said product before hand.
    There is nothing scummy about it, nobody is returning the game to a store. It has nothing to do with looking into the product, where did I say the game was bad? If I want to play and beat a game at release, it could be the best game ever but if I'm not going to replay it anytime soon why am I going to keep it around when I can still get value for it and buy it again much later at a far cheaper price? Logic, I know... hard stuff...

I do, but accidents/family/friends happen. With digital I don't have to worry about that + I save time and gas money not having to travel to a store 30+ miles away.
    Never broke a game even when I was a young kid, never had my young kids in my son or nephew break a game either. You seem to act like its a common thing, when it's never going to happen outside of an extreme accident or an extreme darwin moment.

Lastly 30+ miles to the store? Most people don't live even 5 miles from a store, and I don't even go to stores much anyways. There is this magical thing called home delivery, and best buy even usually gets the games to me a day before they come out with free delivery, all while being $12 cheaper then digital. I guess taking advantage of companies giving you deals is "scummy" using your logic though.

With digital you do not own the product you buy and they have the right to revoke it at any time. Hey different strokes for different fokes but the worry of a game getting damaged is a really rare non-issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing scummy about it, nobody is returning the game to a store. It has nothing to do with looking into the product, where did I say the game was bad? If I want to play and beat a game at release, it could be the best game ever but if I'm not going to replay it anytime soon why am I going to keep it around when I can still get value for it and buy it again much later at a far cheaper price? Logic, I know... hard stuff...

Never broke a game even when I was a young kid, never had my young kids in my son or nephew break a game either. You seem to act like its a common thing, when it's never going to happen outside of an extreme accident or an extreme darwin moment.

Lastly 30+ miles to the store? Most people don't live even 5 miles from a store, and I don't even go to stores much anyways. There is this magical thing called home delivery, and best buy even usually gets the games to me a day before they come out with free delivery, all while being $12 cheaper then digital. I guess taking advantage of companies giving you deals is "scummy" using your logic though.

My bad I misread your first part as a refund not a trade in.

Maybe it's where I live. Everyone I know has had many broken/scratched cd's.

I live in northern MI. The closet stores with more than a 4 game selection is 30 miles away. Not everyone lives in a big city. Never seen a "home delivery" that didn't cost shipping.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I go out of my way to avoid giving them money at all costs. Burn to the fucking ground for all I care.

Still, physical games aren't going away anytime soon, like it'll be well over a decade before we can even consider the possibility. Thing is people would rather just buy from Walmart or Target in person or Amazon online than go into an embarrassing hovel like Gamestop just to be harassed while they shop.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-02-20 at 12:33 AM.

Every game I have bought has been a direct download for the past what? 10 years? The last time I went to Game Stop was for The Burning Crusade midnight sale. Fuck that company. I'm curious what loser geeks will do for work now when it does close.

Only time I'm shopping in gamestop is to look at some of the collectibles they sell. ATM, that's the only value I see for the store.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Gamestop's are mostly non existent in malls. They started moving out of malls during their expansion in the late 2000s. There are still a few mall stores around, but they're very very rare.
    Not sure what you’re on about. Most malls I’ve been to in the Midwest, including the five closest malls to me, all have a GameStop in them. My town alone has a GameStop in the mall plus three more in stand alone stores as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure can, but it's usually not the cheapest option. Only in cases of a game be very old and on sale for $5 or less will it be cheaper.

Physical you can get 20% discount from BB GCU or AP, have something that still has value and can be resold or traded in. Physical also drops in price much faster as B&M stores are far more competitive then digital sales. You will see 2 month old games 50% off, you won't see digital prices that good for a long ass time.

Buying digital makes no sense financially.
    For most people with big boy and big girl jobs, this is a nonissue. It’s faster, more convenient, and saves physical space in your home. Plus I can simply unplug my external HD and take my entire library with me anywhere.

Buying physical makes less sense nowadays unless you’re a kid or dirt poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Not sure what you’re on about. Most malls I’ve been to in the Midwest, including the five closest malls to me, all have a GameStop in them. My town alone has a GameStop in the mall plus three more in stand alone stores as well.

- - - Updated - - -

For most people with big boy and big girl jobs, this is a nonissue. It’s faster, more convenient, and saves physical space in your home. Plus I can simply unplug my external HD and take my entire library with me anywhere.

Midwest you say? Where at, because I know regionally literally every gamestop that could in Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/Kentucky moved out of malls.

Sorry I can't comment on areas where the corn starts to out number people.

Or a collector or a person who likes to own the media they buy.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Data corrupts machine breaks

Hypotheticals are just that
    It’s almost like your library is attached to your account so you can redownload it at any time in situations like that.

Midwest you say? Where at, because I know regionally literally every gamestop that could in Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/Kentucky moved out of malls.
    Not true for Kentucky there is still a Gamestop in the Saint Mathews mall but the one in J-Mall did close shop about a year back. Made sense as well since there was one literally across the street.

Or a collector or a person who likes to own the media they buy.
    Collectors editions I can agree with. Owning the media bit is pretty last century thinking and doesn’t really matter much anymore.

Collectors editions I can agree with. Owning the media bit is pretty last century thinking and doesn’t really matter much anymore.
    To you it doesn't matter much, But you can only speak for yourself not others.

There is also resell value.

Sorry I can't comment on areas where the corn starts to out number people.
    Still acting like you know shit when you really don’t.

Pretty much every mall in Indiana (and Illinois and Kentucky for that matter) I’ve ever been to still has a GameStop in it.

For most people with big boy and big girl jobs, this is a nonissue.
    It's an issue no matter what your salary is. I don't live in nor cal now by earning a low salary, just not possible kiddo. People don't acquire and keep wealth by repeatedly throwing money away.

It’s faster
    Ya, so much faster that you're waiting until midnight for your game to unlock while 90% of people who order from Best Buy get the game the day before it comes out.

more convenient, and saves physical space in your home. Plus I can simply unplug my external HD and take my entire library with me anywhere.
    Saves space in your home? What do you live in a Japanese apartment? More convenient? Can't handle the exercise of getting up to change the game? Plus, I can carry more games then your external HD will have in a damn disc collection book of nearly the same size and take my library with me anywhere. 9 facepalms out of 10.

Sounds like a nice excuse for getting scammed.

It’s almost like your library is attached to your account so you can redownload it at any time in situations like that.
    Not every company offers downloads. But my main point was shit happens TO BOTH digital and physical. Way to fucking cherry pick
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Not true for Kentucky there is still a Gamestop in the Saint Mathews mall but the one in J-Mall did close shop about a year back. Made sense as well since there was one literally across the street.
    I only really know about northern KY(Cincitucky area) and should have specified that, rest of the state is handled by the southern regional crew.