Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think it will sell well because.... well.... look at the switch. 1 2 switch sold quite well for a piece of trash that it is but there wasn't any other games besides zelda and bomberman. Same logic applies here.

Besides it's coming to PC too isn't it? I still believe microsoft should cut the xbox and develop pre built gaming PCs since that's essentially what the 1X is
    Here's the thing tho.

1) Just like Sea of Thieves it will be apart of the Xbox Games Pass that you only need to pay $10 to play.
    2) 1 2 Switch released alongside a new console that lacked games. Crackdown doesn't have that setup, So people will just outright skip it, Wait for a sell or sub to the game pass.

The Xbox Game's Pass is a very consumer friendly thing, It makes no sense from a business standpoint tho. Crackdown isn't going to sell many copy's just because of that alone and you can sub to it on both Xbox and PC.

The bolded: That's kinda what they did, They went the steam route but the other way around. Steam became a platform and then tried to make the console. Microsoft/Xbox made the control first and now has turned it into a platform.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I mean, when you do nothing and just profit from 3rd party game sales, yeah, it's hard to take you seriously.

There is virtually no reason to buy an XBone (which stands for "Microsoft sure did love to Bone themselves with this") over a PC or PS4. Then you have the Switch which caters to people who enjoy their kinds of games, such as myself, or who just enjoy portability, which if Microsoft did, as well as get more support (and make their own fucking games that aren't shit for once), they'd probably beat out Sony.

But no, they double-down on the 4K and "OMG THE GRAYFIX" crowd like fucking idiots instead of catering to actual gamers who want good games and features and shit. 4K is still pretty fucking new and honestly, if your launch console can't run it, you shouldn't be remaking the same exact console just to do it. That's a huge middle-finger to anyone who bought the original system, pissing off your target audience even moreso because now they have 2 of the exact same console.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean, when you do nothing and just profit from 3rd party game sales, yeah, it's hard to take you seriously.

There is virtually no reason to buy an XBone (which stands for "Microsoft sure did love to Bone themselves with this") over a PC or PS4. Then you have the Switch which caters to people who enjoy their kinds of games, such as myself, or who just enjoy portability, which if Microsoft did, as well as get more support (and make their own fucking games that aren't shit for once), they'd probably beat out Sony.

But no, they double-down on the 4K and "OMG THE GRAYFIX" crowd like fucking idiots instead of catering to actual gamers who want good games and features and shit. 4K is still pretty fucking new and honestly, if your launch console can't run it, you shouldn't be remaking the same exact console just to do it. That's a huge middle-finger to anyone who bought the original system, pissing off your target audience even moreso because now they have 2 of the exact same console.
    See I'm fine with the mid-gen refresh but the thing is you have to have the wiggle room to do it.

The Playstation 4 has sold a fuck ton of systems and Sony has a ton of goodwill right now. So that's something they can do and people won't really get pissed about it.

The same can't be said for Microsoft and the selling point of the XboxOneX can't be that it runs Original and 360 games better than the S and it runs 3rd party's better than PS4.

Many people give no shit's about 4K right now and its telling that the XboxOneX is already getting many game bundles.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    For people who have a gaming PC there is 0 reason to own an Xbox.
    Pretty much and Microsoft has been shitting the bed hardcore since 2013. I already hate GAAS (I fucking play MMOs for this shit, not console retail games) model and they're the only 1st party studio that readily/greedily tried to push DRM/lootboxes/mtx constantly. I can't support or respect that.

I'd be surprised if they make another console tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'd be surprised if they make another console tbh.
    They will, but by time it comes it will be so fully integrated that it's basically just a mid range windows PC locked into being an xbox. I doubt it will even have a physical media drive though with how they're trying to push GAAS and the game pass.

That seems to be MSs goal now, since they can't outright win market share just lock people into game pass, and by association XBL subs as well as microtransactions in all those games. They can be successful with that, but they realistically can't afford to make AAA games anymore if they're giving away all of them for $10 a month. So any game coming from them is going to be micro transaction hell.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-20 at 01:37 AM.

they built the hype spouting lies "uncompromised 4k!" then it was found out that was not the case. also they tout 4k blu ray, yet its the worst 4k player on the market since it requires an outside app that has a high fail rate, its currently one of the lowest rated items on the microsoft store since it errors out and only plays a movie disk when it wants to. theres 4k players for $90 at walmart that work everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    they built the hype spouting lies "uncompromised 4k!" then it was found out that was not the case.
    While true there is a lot of games on both Pro and X they do in fact run at native 4K.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While true there is a lot of games on both Pro and X they do in fact run at native 4K.
    Yea, I think the biggest issue is all the shade MS threw at the PS4 Pro for checkboarding and upscaling from 1440p only to have their machine with "uncompromised 4k" do the exact same.

Basically, they wrote a check they couldn't cash.

I've written off gaming media so its the same thing really.

Pity, I honestly liked the 360... but Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with Xb1. I went with the PS4 instead for the current gen, no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea, I think the biggest issue is all the shade MS threw at the PS4 Pro for checkboarding and upscaling from 1440p only to have their machine with "uncompromised 4k" do the exact same.

Totally agree.

At lease Sony was kinda upfront about it (Besides how they labeled the box that was stupid). But ya uncompromising 4K my ass, The system is good even at its price but lying about it wasn't needed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-20 at 02:56 AM.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could swear that I just read within the last week that the X1X has outsold the PS4 Pro in the USA. I could be wrong, but I’m almost positive I read that somewhere. And if it’s true, then that means people who are pursuing 4K console gaming really do want the more powerful device, even if it doesn’t have as many games. Because the PS4 Pro has been nothing but a half-baked, half-assed attempt at 4K gaming by Sony since its inception. Sony would have been better served to wait a year on the tech and lower costs in order to push out a better 4K console. If they had done that, then they would have been the best option for 4K console gamers, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    they built the hype spouting lies "uncompromised 4k!" then it was found out that was not the case. also they tout 4k blu ray, yet its the worst 4k player on the market since it requires an outside app that has a high fail rate, its currently one of the lowest rated items on the microsoft store since it errors out and only plays a movie disk when it wants to. theres 4k players for $90 at walmart that work everytime.
    I am not entirely sure wth you are talking about but I have played 20+ 4k Blue rays in the last month and have had ZERO issues with any of them. many of those movies have been watched more than once by people in my house.

I could be wrong, but since the X1X came out, I’ve watched a lot of Digital Foundry videos and it seems that many games do indeed run at native 4K on the X1X while running at sub-4K on the Pro. Now the X1X can’t run all games at native 4K, but it does manage to run a lot more of them at 4K than the Pro does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could swear that I just read within the last week that the X1X has outsold the PS4 Pro in the USA.
    No need for anyone to correct you, you're claiming it so back it up with evidence. You're wrong until you prove otherwise, no one is going to go looking up data for you.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could swear that I just read within the last week that the X1X has outsold the PS4 Pro in the USA. I could be wrong, but I’m almost positive I read that somewhere. And if it’s true, then that means people who are pursuing 4K console gaming really do want the more powerful device, even if it doesn’t have as many games. Because the PS4 Pro has been nothing but a half-baked, half-assed attempt at 4K gaming by Sony since its inception. Sony would have been better served to wait a year on the tech and lower costs in order to push out a better 4K console. If they had done that, then they would have been the best option for 4K console gamers, bar none.
    the first week of the x1x sold 30k more than the first week of the ps4 pro. small victory, but a victory i guess. meanwhile, nintendo is quietly smashing sony and M$

No need for anyone to correct you, you're claiming it so back it up with evidence. You're wrong until you prove otherwise, no one is going to go looking up data for you.
    Eh, I don’t care enough about it to go looking for it now. If you don’t want to believe me, I couldn’t care less. Was just stating something I read recently within the last week.

YouTube Xbox One X Update
    The Xbox One X sales targets have apparently been met, according to John Harker, an industry insider on the website NeoGAF. Harker said that the console has sold over 430,000 units since it launched, in contrast to the Playstation 4 Pro, which only sold around 260,000 units when it launched in November of last year.

The possibility of the Xbox One X being a sales flop in the aftermath of the Xbox One’s lackluster sales numbers and the Playstation 4 Pro releasing a year earlier was a cause for concern for a lot of Microsoft-affiliated people, who were worried that the Xbox One X sales targets wouldn’t be met due to the console’s high price despite its power. Various analysts even figured that the console would fail to do well.

However, those fears appear to have been assuaged. If the Xbox One X sales numbers are correct, then it seems like having a more powerful console (that can apparently keep up with a fairly high-end PC for now) has proven to be a significant draw towards gamers, especially Xbox fans who want the power of a PC but can’t afford something that (relatively) expensive.

With games getting more and more graphically impressive each year, game companies, especially giants like Microsoft and Sony, have to constantly work to keep up. The two premium consoles, capable of running games in 4K, have risen to the challenge, but whether the next generation after them will have the same sort of quality remains to be seen.

Either way, with Xbox One X sales targets met, Microsoft can rest easy in knowing that the console will apparently turn a profit in spite of all the naysaying. And, with all of the beautiful-looking games that will be coming out in the future, hopefully the Xbox One X can continue its dominance over the Playstation 4 Pro.
    10 second google search , there are many other articles like this on google

https://segmentnext.com/2017/12/20/x...station-4-pro/

Eh, I don’t care enough about it to go looking for it now. If you don’t want to believe me, I couldn’t care less. Was just stating something I read recently within the last week.
    You are half way correct, The XboxOne outsold the PS4 in December

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    10 second google search , there are many other articles like this on google

https://segmentnext.com/2017/12/20/x...station-4-pro/
    That post is a lot of opinion but no actual source.

Did you even read the link?
    Rumor: Xbox One X Sales Targets Have Been Met, Nearly Double PS4 Pro’s
    A rumor that can be proven false really fast on the Pro side seeing how.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/05/1-o...ass-1-million/
    Every one of five PS4s sold is a PS4 Pro, the company’s Jim Ryan said. “It is way ahead of our expectations,” said Ryan. “As with PSVR, and I suppose in forecasting these things we haven’t done a very good job, the product is in desperately short supply. So that’s one-in-five under severe constraint.”
    And this was a year ago.

If its 1 out of every 5 systems sold and the Playstation 4 has sold around 10 million in that time that means there is around 2 million PS4 Pro Unit's sold and that's much higher than the 260k that website claims.

But once again no official number's have been given.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-02-20 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I am not entirely sure wth you are talking about but I have played 20+ 4k Blue rays in the last month and have had ZERO issues with any of them. many of those movies have been watched more than once by people in my house.
    lucky you then. meanwhile there's entire forums dedicated to it not working and microsoft hasnt figured it out yet. me for instance, i cant just put a movie in and let the app start, i get an error that the app takes too long to load. i have to start the app and wait for the no disk msg, and then put the disk in and hope it works. it takes a few tries before it might work. sometimes it locks up my xb1
    Last edited by Phaty; 2018-02-20 at 06:25 AM.