Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What the heck is the benefit of doping for curling? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I don't think doping helps in curling, like at all. Curling is a housewife sport like golf is a middle aged man sport.
    Curling requires a lot of skill and strategy but none of that is stuff that is boosted by performance enhancing drugs. Even the sweeping is short fast bursts of effort with plenty of recovery time between. I don't get why anybody would bother juicing if they are just competing in curling.

I'm no expert on curling but from what i've seen I don't believe performance enhancing drugs would give a competitor any advantage whatsoever... There is no athletic requirement in curling. Even the sweeping thing is so minor of a test of fitness that only someone who struggles to walk up the stairs without feeling breathless would gain an advantage from PEDs...

What is even the point of testing for drugs in sports like this with no physical component... ? It's as silly as testing a snooker player for EPO or human growth hormone.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

What is even the point of testing for drugs in sports like this with no physical component... ? It's as silly as testing a snooker player for EPO or human growth hormone.
    that's the crux: even if the stuff does nothing, it is off limits.
    and you would wonder how much athlets are, technically spoken, seriously ill and NEED meds. if they were not ill, their meds would be considered doping too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Colour me surprised

Incidentally have you been enjoying the Winter Olympics?
    Still pending, the board of the olympic union is confused, as the drug the athlete is accused of using - doesn't actually help in that sport.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Complete bullshit that this is even considered doping

It does literally nothing for your curling ability
    In a game if millimeters I would definitely protest if I lost to a doper.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What the heck is the benefit of doping for curling? o.O
    Exactly what I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    doping to get bronze in a sport no one plays in an olympics that no one watches. Madness.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    russia:Cheating in competitive housework too. Is anyone even surprised that russia cheats at everything? they're basically the world's token villain country.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    doping to get bronze in a sport no one plays in an olympics that no one watches. Madness.
    That wouldve been true a couple of years ago...people do watch curling now

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That wouldve been true a couple of years ago...people do watch curling now
    I actually enjoy it. I don't get the hate, its pretty skillful.

Deleted
    Lol all u people acting like ur countries athletes are clean. Fact that Russians are the most tested instead of EVERYONE equally getting tested as standard procedure is entire political anti-Russian.

The fact that clean Russian athletes weren't allowed to fly their flag and were almost prevented from competing even though being clean n the people in position to make decision? Like half of them are middle-aged western men butt-hurt about Putin so they want to punish innocent clean athletes.

Last olympics u had clean athletes that were prevented from participating..trained all their lives, didn't dope then are stopped by westerners. Just shows how petty westerners are cuz Russia won't fold like other countries in eastern europe.

When u punish clean n doped athletes BOTH ur braindead to think its not political.

I'm for increased checks FOR ALL, and to stop olympics being a western decision making club by decreasing the amount of westerners there and instead take in more non-westerners cuz west has abused its position, proven unreliable. I thought u guys were all for diversity no?