Poll: Should the races have been neutral?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you have wanted allied races to be neutral?

After finally getting the argissian reach rep grind done, I made a void elf. I thought to my self "after that huge grind to unlock this, why can't I decide my faction?". I am just curious as to everyone elses sentiments on the debate. Would you have preferred them to be neutral, or are you alright with how they are? Do you think the grind is alright with them also being locked to one faction?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    After finally getting the argissian reach rep grind done, I made a void elf. I thought to my self "after that huge grind to unlock this, why can't I decide my faction?". I am just curious as to everyone elses sentiments on the debate. Would you have preferred them to be neutral, or are you alright with how they are? Do you think the grind is alright with them also being locked to one faction?
    It does seem a little odd looking at it now. I think it has the potential to be really cool in a few years though, knowing that we experienced the timeline where any given faction joined the Alliance or Horde. I think it gives Blizzard a lot more room for story development, which is an underrated plus to forcing the factions.

Considering how things shook out I would've liked at least the 4 Legion races to be Neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    It does seem a little odd looking at it now. I think it has the potential to be really cool in a few years though, knowing that we experienced the timeline where any given faction joined the Alliance or Horde. I think it gives Blizzard a lot more room for story development, which is an underrated plus to forcing the factions.
    Sadly Blizzard isn't huge on Race Development. Several races have been in Limbo for years now. It's kind of sad. =/

Of all the ones you could've chose... void elf lore specifically would not let them be Horde. They're exiled from Silvermoon.

But I think some allied races could and potentially should be neutral.

One way I see it, allied races siding with a faction makes sense in a biased nature. Dark Iron dwarves suddenly being able to side with horde to fight other dwarves seems unlikely, along with Zandalari Trolls joining alliance to fight Darkspear. But you do help Lightforged, Nightborne, and Highmountain in Legion regardless of faction so theres some hope of freedom to pick your faction. But that would only be for future allied races since the current ones are already set in place.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would rather if we do not have allied at all, but thank god is not neutral

neutral race is bullshit, the factions different are way better than everything the same and you just chose red and blue

get over about nightborne, jesus Christ, is not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Of all the ones you could've chose... void elf lore specifically would not let them be Horde. They're exiled from Silvermoon.

But I think some allied races could and potentially should be neutral.
    I could see a story line for them to come back after proving they have mastery. Could make it so they have an initial, preferred faction and then an alternate storyline that brings them to level 20 to get to the next faction
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I never thought of it to be honest until I read this. But I agree, it would make more sense if they could pick like Pandaren. Likely the reason behind it is because they wanted to make Alleria and Turalyon Alliance and this was why they overall decided this way.

Ya, would make way more sense. You are basically encouraging people to play a faction they don't normally play just to check out these new races.
    I assumed that's why they did what they did in MoP so they could avoid this situation.

Really, I'd rather the Nightborn CHOOSE the Horde, but if you want you could do a difficult disertion questline to join the Allaince instead or something like that, so the lore continues to make sense.

Oh well, not happening.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya, would make way more sense. You are basically encouraging people to play a faction they don't normally play just to check out these new races.
    I assumed that's why they did what they did in MoP so they could avoid this situation.

Really, I'd rather the Nightborn CHOOSE the Horde, but if you want you could do a difficult disertion questline to join the Allaince instead or something like that, so the lore continues to make sense.

Oh well, not happening.
    Frankly I think desertion quests would be a good addition for all races, or rather a desertion button followed by a quest chain culminating in exalted rep and entry into the opposite faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All the good races (So far) are Alliance... so it’s tempting, but no.

Neutrality dilutes the narrative.

I’ll just have to wait for Zandalari and Draenor Orcs for our cool races.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the ones that make sense to be neutral (Nightborne, Highmountain, maybe LF Draenei)? Yeah... For the ones that don't make sense(DI Dwarves, Zandalari Trolls)? No.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Some yes....others no. After saving and bringing High Mountain together and doing all the world quests to help them...... I hope that darn mountain falls on their heads. Of all the races to be inclusive (letting a members of a swore enemy race join you)....They'd have made more sense to join neither or both.

The whole Elf thing is just silly and petty and stupid. Pointy eared gits..... All of them.... Night, High, Void, Blood, Nightborne, blah blah.... Its like a soap opera... No no no don't hurt out "well of whatever"..... You guys stepped on my shoe and got it dirty..... Dump them all in their stupid wells already.....

Allied races are just copies of other races and flipped sides more or less.... Don't even have their own dances just copies...... Only think that might have saved them was Troll Pallys.... but meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like them being faction specific. If every race was neutral the factions would lose their identity.

Plus I love that Alliance is salty about Nightborne *grin*
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the races should've had the option, but not all of them should be. LF Draenei could've easily joined forces with either faction, same with Highmountain Mooses and Nightborne. Void Elves are a little bit eh considering how their lore played out, but all of the current ones could've had a different story telling to make them neutral.

That being said, I'm happy with them the way they are currently, gives me a reason to play a faction I'd normally never play because I want the xmog even if it's only usable for that race, which may sound silly, but it's a reason to level some alts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i would rather if we do not have allied at all, but thank god is not neutral

neutral race is bullshit, the factions different are way better than everything the same and you just chose red and blue

get over about nightborne, jesus Christ, is not a big deal
    I agree. I can't stand Neutral races.

Just my opinion, but it seems way too cheap and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    One way I see it, allied races siding with a faction makes sense in a biased nature. Dark Iron dwarves suddenly being able to side with horde to fight other dwarves seems unlikely, along with Zandalari Trolls joining alliance to fight Darkspear. But you do help Lightforged, Nightborne, and Highmountain in Legion regardless of faction so theres some hope of freedom to pick your faction. But that would only be for future allied races since the current ones are already set in place.
    I mean, the Zandalari were already fighting the horde in Throne of Thunder. The Dark Iron Dwarfs also don't appear to get along with the regular dwarfs. Doing a quest line now in the wetlands where they have been attacked by the dark iron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Frankly I think desertion quests would be a good addition for all races, or rather a desertion button followed by a quest chain culminating in exalted rep and entry into the opposite faction.
    I have always been a huge fan of having a giant desertion quest line. It would make sense as well that some people would act as a double agent and then change sides. That happens all the time in real life. I am honestly surprised its not a thing yet in such a war heavy mmo

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    And that is bad how exactly?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

No, Im not a big fan of neutral races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied Races as it stands currently would not make sense with the current story. "We know that you are fighting with the Alliance/Horde and we want to support you, so we'll send troops to both you and them to help your war efforts." Splitting the Allied Races makes sense for the current war we are fighting, whereas neutral races would not make sense at least until the war is at a peaceful standstill.

If a truce is called, even a temporary one, then sure. But until then, neutral allied races would hurt more than help the game and story.