Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    id rather the mag'har. the more i think about WoD the more i hate it
    They had a chance to shake up the old story but what we ended with were brown orc nazis who just repeated all of their mistakes, which ruined the fantasy of an alternate timeline where everything changed, ruining what could have been a really cool "What if?" story. personally i would have loved to see a 'fel' alliance to bring up the question on what it would take to make someone corrupt.

I kind of wish they went with the original script, where garrosh restored outland using time magic, restoring the original horde to pre-corruption, though that script had a lot of issues in it too.

Anyway, bitching aside, while id love grom to return, i feel like its cheap to conflate WoD grom with MU grom. AU grom would always be compared to his predecessor, which would be unfair for his character. MU grom died a heroes death and he should be remembered as such, AU grom can continue his own path in au draenor.

a big problem with dragging in AU heroes would be that if we get au orc army, then surely the AU draenie would join the alliance, then there becomes this arms race to see who can recruit the most off world alternate dimensional heroes -_-

If we do get Draenor orcs however, i hope they give us a damn good reason for why they join the Horde. For instance, perhaps some temporal anomoly infects members of the draenor orcs, causing them to start offsetting themselves from the alternate time stream due to an affect of the collision between the 2 time streams, the only way they can overcome this is to go to the MU.
    There just needs to be a damn good reason why they NEED to be in another timeline beyond 'cuz i wanna'

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not sure how it's going to shake out, but the Heritage armor sets for the Draenor/Mag'har Orcs look exceptional:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by bbrewer View Post
    Even if it is Mag'har and not Draenor orcs, i'd be shocked if they didn't give us the dark skinned orc colours
    if it's ebon skin color than I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not sure how it's going to shake out, but the Heritage armor sets for the Draenor/Mag'har Orcs look exceptional
    Armor looks amazing, but I'll never get over how stupid and dated the running animation for worgs/wolf mounts look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Armor looks amazing, but I'll never get over how stupid and dated the running animation for worgs/wolf mounts look.
    Seems like a recurring problem - same issue I have with mounts like the Lucid Nightmare and the Warforged Nightmare, the back two legs are "locked" in tandem and it gallops with this bizarre run/hop motion that is oddly hard to watch.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Looks like I am going to make my first orc character ever. Zug-zug

Seems like a recurring problem - same issue I have with mounts like the Lucid Nightmare and the Warforged Nightmare, the back two legs are "locked" in tandem and it gallops with this bizarre run/hop motion that is oddly hard to watch.
    Agreed, horses with those animations look terrible aswell. It wouldn't be so much a problem for me if the issue was somewhere in the front of the mount, because then you wouldn't really notice it when riding it yourself.

It especially annoys me with the wolf mounts, so many of them look fantastic when standing still, but once they start running they become really stupid to look at. I personally find the regular wolf animations to be much better, they've even had several npcs in WoD use those for their mounts, but when it comes to player mounts, they insist on using the worg animations with these wierd and stiff looking back legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how it's going to shake out, but the Heritage armor sets for the Draenor/Mag'har Orcs look exceptional:

This is amazing. I can't wait to make a brown Orc, I always wanted to play as one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hey, with that video someone finally found use for that village in gorgrond. Hell, with such underused asset chances are they will use it for recruitment scenario or something.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    going to see a million Garrosh's on the Horde, going be great.
    @Wildberry shall be pleased.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Dreads, they should have a few dread options.
    like https://youtu.be/gL60E79-4-o?t=71
    or https://youtu.be/gffvxlENZIw?t=119

and
    i wanna a fucking Black Tooth Grin tabard.......finally
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account

its a shame tht i cannot use the armor on my normal orc

dammit blizzard you had only one job

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its a shame tht i cannot use the armor on my normal orc

dammit blizzard you had only one job
    The look is a variation on the Warfront armors insofar as I can tell, so even on a classic Orc you might be able to get close.

7+ Year Old Account
    The look is a variation on the Warfront armors insofar as I can tell, so even on a classic Orc you might be able to get close.
    still think its a bad idea to make jut brown orcs as allied race, this will only seve to dilute the orc lore, im not going to pay a race change to recolor some of my orcs.

The tattoo too, i wish that option of green orcs, but sem will be a allied race option, this system is bringing more locked options than customization overall

Just to get the upright option and Lok'tar Ogaring can officially commence.

I kinda feel Mag'har, with tattoos and all the additional customization, will be vastly superior to regular orcs. Hope Blizz keeps this in mind and doesn't let parent races just become inferior versions of their corresponding allied race variants.

10+ Year Old Account
    The advantages of Draenor Orcs over Mag'har would be that it opens up the other clan skin colours (Blackrock, Shattered Hand, Bleeding Hollow, etc)
    I'm just going to quote a post I wrote in a similar thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Can we just stop with this absolute garbage nonsense that "there's more customization for Draenor Orcs!!!" It's wrong, and it's stupid. It shows, at best, a superficial understanding of the situation.

Is there more apparent differentiation between Draenor Orcs than there is for Mag'har? Yes, obviously. Are the Mag'har in any way barred from these customization options? No, actually.

If you look at the customization options that Draenor Orcs have, it's the following:
    -War Paint (Bleeding Hollow)
    -Tattoos (Warsong)
    -Regular Brown (Frostwolves et al)
    -Gray Skin (Blackrock)
    -Pale Skin, Stumps and Poison Vials (Shattered Hand)
    I mean, that's really the overwhelming majority of customization options for Draenor Orcs.

Now, while the Mag'har might have been showcased as being entirely Brown, there's a very significant case for that to be set aside (After all, Nightborne prior to BfA prepurchase had far less variation as well). The Mag'har have, at the very least, Frostwolf, Warsong, Blackrock and Bleeding Hollow Orcs. They could very well have every single customization option available to Draenor Orcs. The only thing that the Mag'har aren't explicitly shown as having are Shattered Hand Orcs, which we're obviously not going to get anyway.

The Pale Skin might be nice, but it would come alone with the baggage of a severed hand, which is obviously a no-go.

and that it would level out Alliance/Horde power, as imo the Horde seems to be weaker then the Alliance and has never recovered from MOP.
    Most Orcs sided with the rebellion, so the losses weren't that severe. More over, not only has the Horde burned Teldrassil, we inflict heavy losses on the Alliance at Undercity as well. It would seem like the balance of power has, at least somewhat, evened out at this point.

2, Now that Draenor is at peace, Having Grom and other loyal followers there would be awkward, so exiling them to Azeroth would make sense. Grom would join the Horde as it would give him a chance to redeem himself for all the needless Iron Horde Orcs he led to their deaths. I think it would also be interesting to see a young Grom try to live up to the standards MU Grom set in the horde.
    Is it? Sylvanas showed some agency during Garrosh's War, yet she (and others in the Horde) weren't exiled post-SoO. Draenor's at peace, you said it yourself, there's no reason to impose exile on a defeated enemy >=1 Year after their defeat. More importantly, it would be awkward to have them on Azeroth.

Grom trying to "live up to" real Grom, just cheapens real Grom's character, and arc. It's horrendous storytelling.

3, To me the orcs represent the noble savage archetype and with Saurfang being the noble, we need the savage and love him or hate him but Garrosh's absence has left a huge hole in the Horde that needs to be filled and who better to fill it then Grom.
    Garrosh's presence has left a hole in the Horde. That doesn't mean we need to trot out AU Grom, and cheapen our own Grom. It just needs Blizzard needs to start developing Orc characters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Only, I think we could and should have a Troll take this role. We've seen bad Orcs in the Horde, but not any bad Trolls. Vol'jin was dear to me, but he's gone now. So we can move on and take on a vicious Troll for once.
    No thanks, not until we have an actual Orc to fill Garrosh's void first.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    a whole civilization that's thousands strong on another planet would add something to the horde.
    And subtract quite a bit from the quality of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    but yeah, they could have zaela and garrosh have had a kid(preferably a daughter) and maybe have it be like 17(or somewhere around there) now since time seems to move differently on AU draenor(garrosh was on draenor for years, long enough to build the iron horde, even though he was only gone like a couple months after the trial). have her be an important figure in the warsong clan. maybe inherit zaela's grey skin?
    I'm open to the idea of another Hellscream, but do we need to cater to the "grrl power!" nonsense. They already seem to be setting Talanji up to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    going to see a million Garrosh's on the Horde, going be great.
    @Wildberry shall be pleased.
    I unironically cannot wait to be Garrosh #6,000,001

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Just to get the upright option and Lok'tar Ogaring can officially commence.

I kinda feel Mag'har, with tattoos and all the additional customization, will be vastly superior to regular orcs. Hope Blizz keeps this in mind and doesn't let parent races just become inferior versions of their corresponding allied race variants.
    They seem to be trying to achieve this by limiting other customization options for allied races (fewer skin colors, hair colors, hair styles, etc.) I wish they'd just expand customization options for everyone (ie, green orcs with tattoos as well).

10+ Year Old Account

I was hoping they wouldn't add pants so orcs would get to run around in loincloths like proper barbarians. Disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account

*cool armor video here*
    Funny enough, what i like the most of this is the gauntlets, and maybe i will be forced to use the boots just for the sake of having something match with the gauntlets, but in general, love the look of it (It looks like the Orc could use it to block attack or just throw his axe away and beat the shit out of their enemies)

Deleted
    While any Brown Orc I make i will headcanon is an Outland Orc, because honestly fuck what WoD did to lore, Dreanor Orcs make more sense gameplay wise. Allied Races have questlines attached to them Outland Orcs are fully integrated into the Horde so what questline could there possibly be?

If we must have Dreanor Orcs have it so all the major clan chiefs stay behind to oversee their homes, give us a volunteer force of multiple clans lead by an unknown character.

Mag'har just means uncourrpted. It very possible the remaining Brown Orcs on Dreanor use this term to differentiate themselves from Fel Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Funny enough, what i like the most of this is the gauntlets, and maybe i will be forced to use the boots just for the sake of having something match with the gauntlets, but in general, love the look of it (It looks like the Orc could use it to block attack or just throw his axe away and beat the shit out of their enemies)
    My person favorite piece is probably the boots. Love that angular, "Iron Horde" inspired asesthetic - something that combines and encapsulates the whole "savage" and primitive vibe but also updated for the modern age (relative to the Warcraft universe anyways).