10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lol, how would Echoes defeat Jiren?
    put the word parents on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah you meant in Act 1. Cause I just didn't see how making Jiren heavy would really do anything.
    Koichi can use all 3. Also making Jiren heavy enough to fall through the stage would be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, Hit's final attack still looks like the most powerful thing I've seen this arc.
    Nah, that was Toppo's insult to Vegeta. That was the most savage attack Dragon Ball has seen so far.

Yeah that was a savage burn indeed. I still think Time Cage is awesome and that Jiren destroying it is an asspull. I mean if he had used Hakai then maybe.
    Disliked that moment as well. At such point it's meaningless to introduce new, interesting stuff to the series, because every damn attack works like regular Kamehamena or something and if you are strong enough, you can just power through it. Guy froze me in time? Well, my power is > his power so I will just walk it off. Same guy can literally stop time for a while to do whatever he wants? Somehow I'm faster than that. Same with the literal power of destruction being countered by flexing hard enough.

Can't wait to see how it ends tho, I really hope it won't just boil down to Gokus UI kind of leveling up beyond whatever Jiren is capable of. The ending to Universe 6 was pretty fun and smart, hope they do something similar. Perhaps Frieza will really be involved in some way, otherwise he'll just wake up in a hospital with a bill for curing 10 concussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with raw power breaking dimensional stuff because that was true back in Buu saga, when Buu and Gotenks were able to break down dimensional barriers separating Earth from the Time Chamber. Same deal here, Jiren's overwhelming power broke through Hit's dimensional manipulation. It's dumb, sure, but this is Dragon Ball.

I think Hit's dimensional powers are awesome though, and he's probably the antagonist with the most truly original techniques introduced in Super.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm fine with raw power breaking dimensional stuff because that was true back in Buu saga, when Buu and Gotenks were able to break down dimensional barriers separating Earth from the Time Chamber. Same deal here, Jiren's overwhelming power broke through Hit's dimensional manipulation. It's dumb, sure, but this is Dragon Ball.

I think Hit's dimensional powers are awesome though, and he's probably the antagonist with the most truly original techniques introduced in Super.
    I'm really hoping that Jiren has a hidden transformation and some real techniques. Raw force does not a good character make, no matter how much you build them up. Even BROLY, the biggest and dumbest character in the series, who's strength was his only character trait, got that iconic green spherical ki. Jiren is just...red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm really hoping that Jiren has a hidden transformation and some real techniques. Raw force does not a good character make, no matter how much you build them up. Even BROLY, the biggest and dumbest character in the series, who's strength was his only character trait, got that iconic green spherical ki. Jiren is just...red.
    I think his reddish-orange ki is pretty cool, I heard it described as 'molten lava' - the idea of 'molten ki' is neat. Personally I like him being overwhelmingly strong, it really reminds me of One-Punch Man - whenever Jiren does his rapid-fire multiple punch thing, I can't help but hear 'Consecutive Normal Punches!' in my head every time.

A lot of Jiren's coolness for me comes from his dominant fighting skill - whenever he's on screen he's the best fighter, blocking and counter-punching with brutal precision, outfighting everyone who steps up to him. For me, that's his signature style, more than any particular technique. I'm betting we'll get some cool special moves we haven't seen before during his fight with Goku though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think his reddish-orange ki is pretty cool, I heard it described as 'molten lava' - the idea of 'molten ki' is neat. Personally I like him being overwhelmingly strong, it really reminds me of One-Punch Man - whenever Jiren does his rapid-fire multiple punch thing, I can't help but hear 'Consecutive Normal Punches!' in my head every time.

A lot of Jiren's coolness for me comes from his dominant fighting skill - whenever he's on screen he's the best fighter, blocking and counter-punching with brutal precision, outfighting everyone who steps up to him. For me, that's his signature style, more than any particular technique. I'm betting we'll get some cool special moves we haven't seen before during his fight with Goku though.
    That's just Jiren, though. His character might be okay, but he still hasn't shown any cool iconic techniques like Hit has. Like you said in your original post, Toriyama still has it since he did it with Hit. The fact that Jiren's moves have been so dull...its making me hope that he has something cool under his belt, too. I mean, how lame would that be if they made the strongest mortal fighter in all the universes just hit harder? I mean, if you would reduce Jiren's power level to that of, say, Yamcha, would he lose to Yamcha because Yamcha has actually practiced martial arts? Or are we not seeing Jiren's real skill yet. I watch Dragon Ball for the fights like everyone else, but if it boils down to a power pissing contest like it has been, then it really isn't about fights at all. It might as well be a sports anime about rock climbing or something. "Can Goku master the secret climbing technique of the mystical sage? Will he overcome the most difficult mountain that no one has ever scaled before? Find out on the next Dragon Ball Summit!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That's just Jiren, though. His character might be okay, but he still hasn't shown any cool iconic techniques like Hit has. Like you said in your original post, Toriyama still has it since he did it with Hit. The fact that Jiren's moves have been so dull...its making me hope that he has something cool under his belt, too. I mean, how lame would that be if they made the strongest mortal fighter in all the universes just hit harder? I mean, if you would reduce Jiren's power level to that of, say, Yamcha, would he lose to Yamcha because Yamcha has actually practiced martial arts? Or are we not seeing Jiren's real skill yet. I watch Dragon Ball for the fights like everyone else, but if it boils down to a power pissing contest like it has been, then it really isn't about fights at all. It might as well be a sports anime about rock climbing or something. "Can Goku master the secret climbing technique of the mystical sage? Will he overcome the most difficult mountain that no one has ever scaled before? Find out on the next Dragon Ball Summit!"
    I see Jiren as supremely skilled in martial arts, so far for me that's what I see as equally defining as his massive strength. He doesn't just have raw power like Broly, he's got skill - every fight with the likes of Goku, Vegeta, and Hit show Jiren blocking, dodging, counter-punching with amazing skill. Even working together Goku and Vegeta can barely land any strikes on him, not because of his strength, but because he blocks and dodges and punishes them for every attempted attack.

Frankly, I don't often find beam attacks in Dragon Ball to be especially creative or unique - is there any real difference between Vegeta's Galic Gun and the Final Flash, aside from stance and color? The names are the cool part. If Jiren gets a cool name beam attack that's fine, but his barrier, explosive ki eruptions, and brutal fighting style are already enough for me. I hope things don't end with a beam struggle though, those are the real power measuring contest, and they're not that interesting. I hope we get a repeat of Goku's original UI punch, but this time Jiren can't block it.

Hit

I want his spin off!!!!

official MUI (Mastered Ultra Instinct) look.

Does anyone else think they blew their load too early by showing us UI already?
    Like, since then you knew that whatever happened, Goku was just going to go UI to beat jiren at the end. It just ruined the suspence.
    Take that spirit bomb scene, do it now at the end. There's actual tension about the series, then out of the explosion comes UI goku.

IMO that would have been a much cooler way to introduce it, and it doesnt show us how the arc will inevitably end too early.

It's been a bit of a running theme in Super, the transformations have been kind of disappointing. SSJG was interesting, but Blue was basically done off screen. I know it's hard to top the first Super Saiyan or gohan going SSJ2 but, idk I found some of these transformations to be more lackluster than anything we saw in Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Simiric View Post
    Does anyone else think they blew their load too early by showing us UI already?
    Like, since then you knew that whatever happened, Goku was just going to go UI to beat jiren at the end. It just ruined the suspence.
    Take that spirit bomb scene, do it now at the end. There's actual tension about the series, then out of the explosion comes UI goku.

IMO that would have been a much cooler way to introduce it, and it doesnt show us how the arc will inevitably end too early.

It's been a bit of a running theme in Super, the transformations have been kind of disappointing. SSJG was interesting, but Blue was basically done off screen. I know it's hard to top the first Super Saiyan or gohan going SSJ2 but, idk I found some of these transformations to be more lackluster than anything we saw in Z.
    Idk, I like it that he didn't mastered it in a one go. that would have been hell of an ass pull.

it's better to do it in stages rather then Oh I know how to use something on a first try that even GoD's cannot do.

we don't really know if Goku will win for sure.

he has, like, 0 major wins in DBS.

I think Frieza will do something nasty.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-02-20 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Idk, I like it that he didn't mastered it in a one go. that would have been hell of an ass pull.

it's better to do it in stages rather then Oh I know how to use something on a first try that even GoD's cannot do.

we don't really know if Goku will win for sure.

he has, like, 0 major wins in DBS.

Maybe, I just feel that it could have been handled better. I dont want to keep going back to it, but Goku and Frieza on planet namek. It just wouldn't have been the same if we saw super sayian randomly half way through the arc for like 10 minutes. IDK, i guess we can just see how it goes from now. Not saying i'm not enjoying the series but ever since we first saw UI it just lost all its suspense for me.

With Frieza now, they seem to be half trying to hide him, so we "forget" he's still in, but then having him appear for 5 minutes. If they want to suprise us with some Frieza dirty tricks, then they have to stop bringing him up, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    This is my feeling. Frieza is hiding, the tournament has 2 minutes left (so 37 original Dragon Ball Z episodes). I think Frieza will attempt to steal the victory away. It has already been proven that if Jiren is unaware, an attack can go through. What if he somehow makes a last second attack to remove Goku and Jiren. He then gets his wish, setting up the next arc that may or may not come eventually, a God-King Frieza arc or something. Honestly, if Goku just wins through MUI, it will be a huge letdown, once again he has shown almost no character development, he is literally just a dumb ape that lives to fight.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really should have Frieza just have stayed in hiding since the first time Toppo knocked him out flat, or even the Hakai before that, if they wanted to go down this route of a surprise Frieza re-entry. Right now, we can all see it coming because he's already done the whole "Ohohohoho I'm still here! thing like 4 times in the past few episodes. So when they once again 'forget' about him it's too obvious he's going to come back at some opportune moment.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Doubt it'll happen.
    We've already had goku face opponents who wished for their youth back, and even one who wished for immortality.
    It would just end up being more of the same.
    I get that, i just feel Goku winning because he pulled a new form out of his ass is more of the same as well. Goku literally has been the most uninteresting character in DBS.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    They really should have Frieza just have stayed in hiding since the first time Toppo knocked him out flat, or even the Hakai before that, if they wanted to go down this route of a surprise Frieza re-entry. Right now, we can all see it coming because he's already done the whole "Ohohohoho I'm still here! thing like 4 times in the past few episodes. So when they once again 'forget' about him it's too obvious he's going to come back at some opportune moment.
    I have to say, Hohoho part would be funny as heck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simiric View Post
    Maybe, I just feel that it could have been handled better. I dont want to keep going back to it, but Goku and Frieza on planet namek. It just wouldn't have been the same if we saw super sayian randomly half way through the arc for like 10 minutes. IDK, i guess we can just see how it goes from now. Not saying i'm not enjoying the series but ever since we first saw UI it just lost all its suspense for me.

With Frieza now, they seem to be half trying to hide him, so we "forget" he's still in, but then having him appear for 5 minutes. If they want to suprise us with some Frieza dirty tricks, then they have to stop bringing him up, imo.
    Totally agree on one point.

It's kinda hard to take it seriously because the moment when it was announced that Universe's will get erased, it automatically solidified U7 victory.

Here's how i'm thinking it'll end. Goku Kamehameha's Jiren. Jiren is getting fucked by it, then Freeza hits Jiren on the back (Kind of like how Vegeta did against Cell). Goku then uses his first ever Dragon Fist against Jiren, and hits through Jiren with the Ultra Dragon Fist. However, instead of killing him, Goku hits through ALL of Jiren's pressure Points, which both knocks him Off the Arena and makes him unable to move for quite a bit of time. Jiren looks at Goku in shock, until he stands up. Goku is expressionless, and as Jiren smiles at Goku, stating "You've given me a new terminology of Trust. Thanks", in which Goku replies with "Get Lost". Jiren and U11 are erased, until Goku kneels down, hence dropping out of his M.U.I form.

Freeza then laughs, and Goku falls to the ground. Freeza picks him up by the hair and states that there can only be one Winner. Everyone's scared, including Goku's knocked down self. That is, until the Grand Priest ENDS the Tournament. Freeza and Goku are shocked, as they're the 2 last remaining Fighters on the stage. However, since there can only be one, Goku wins the ToP due to having the most Eliminations. However, during Goku's wish, Freeza yells out to Super Shenron, stating that he wants to overthrow the Gods. However, Goku laughs and says to Freeza that he has to speak in the language of the Gods first. Goku then whispers to Whis, and Whis asks this "Are you sure about this, Goku? I mean, we've had an entire Tournament--", in which Goku replies with "Don't worry about it. I already compromised with the two Zeno's about this". Then, Whis grants the wish, everyone comes back, Freeza's time runs out before he could even attack Goku, and Jiren meets up with Goku/Vegeta once again. Jiren and Goku shake hands before parting, until Jiren asks this 1 last question: Would you mind if you help me claim vengeance on the one who made me who I am?

Then, in a side part of the Episode, Jaco (Who has been given a rank up) can now find threats across all 12 Universes. Jiren, Goku, And Vegeta speak to him, in which Jaco brings them to Murderer's place. Goku, and Vegeta pin him to the Ground, as Jiren looks at the man eye to eye. The Murderer looks, and is frightened, and Jiren says "It's over", and blasts the Villain to ashes. Then, at the end of the Episode, Goku shows U.I to his Family, and Vegeta goes to Sadala with his Family. Then, pics with Vegeta and Goku at Sadala show up, and Goku still manages to defeat an SSJ3-SSJG Kefla with ease. However, it all ends with Beerus going to Sleep, and Goku looking at the Grand Priest.

The Grand Priest asks "What is it you want, Son Goku?", in which Goku replies with "Ultra Instinct, even when mastered, still wants more. I....want more. I want to surpass both you, and Zeno. In fact, I think I'm more than enough for you.", in which the GP replies with "Oh? Are you now? I mean, with the Power i'm sensing from you, it appears as though you still have Limits you can overcome, and that your current Power as of now will be...quite challenging, even for me". Then, Goku and the GP stand at their fighting positions, ready to charge at one another. Then, they strike, and it ends there.

Goku's achieved his Final Form, and even then...his Final Form still grows Stronger. Goku Won, Freeza gets rezzed with Earth's DB's, Caulifla and Kale are still pussied out by Goku, Hit and Goku meet up and Hang, Gohan goes back to loving his Family, Vegeta hangs with his Family and Trains with Cabba, Goku hangs with his Family while in U.I (Though, he's gained more Emotion with it), and so forth.

This is the ending i'd want. And I think that, if paced right, it'd be the PERFECT Ending for DBS. And it'd also fit for both the Second half of EP 130, as well as all of EP 131.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw a question. The Super Dragon Balls appeared to be scattered in U6 and 7, not in the other Universes. If U6 has been erased, what happened to its balls?
    To another Universe they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw a question. The Super Dragon Balls appeared to be scattered in U6 and 7, not in the other Universes. If U6 has been erased, what happened to its balls?
    The super dragonballs have already been gathered before the ToP started didn't they? so nothing happened to them as they weren't in U6 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    This comes back to the fact that dbz is a kids show, like pokemon. You're not meant to scratch deeper than the surface level as glaring problems begin to arise otherwise.
    Goku will always win or be the strongest in the end and you are damn right. He is beyond boring. In his fight against Kefla I was much more excited about what she showed and did than goku because we all knew he would win anyway and now against Jiren? I'm sorry but he barely had ANY energy left, and vegeta who himself barely had any energy left ( not even enough to turn super saiyan) gave him the rest of his energy. How the hell can that energy be enough to let him use ultra instinct and pull more power from inside his own asshole? He barely had any energy and all of a sudden he can punch jiren in the gut so hard his eyes almost pop out. BS. UI was meant to be a form that allowed you to move without thinking, not increase your power to newer heights.
    I agree that Goku is one dimensional (he was always written like that)but him always winning is factually false, especially in DBS. that's pure on hating without looking at the series.

UI kicks in when you are out of energy apparently.

it doesn't trigger in a typical Feel my powaaaa.

but damn, I never saw you salty before, even during complete trash episodes
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-02-20 at 08:07 PM.