Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Personally? I have been inconvenienced by them fairly often, but that's not the point. I never said they shouldn't park where they need to. I said I would like to know the details of the story, why does that upset you? And actually no, the driver of an ambulance stops, lets others out, then finishes parking if needed. That's protocol. So "I'm sure they have way more important things" is false. That's his job. If this situation called for them to park there, cool. If it turns out that they could have parked in a better place with no negative impact on services rendered, then they are to blame.

This woman is still an idiot, even being inconvenienced doesn't mean you throw a fit to them. But just because she's an idiot doesn't mean they can't be wrong.
    I'm not mad or offended. Only the first sentence in my reply was to you. The rest was my general feelings towards the situation.

The "important things" I was referring to was regarding the lives they need to save. Ambulance drivers are normally trained EMTs. The ambulance carries important equipment that they may or may not need. Do you think they should just drop people off and circle the block looking for a good place to park? Driving the car is only a small part of their job. I'd rather they have the freedom to worry about the situation at hand rather than which parking spot inconveniences homeowners.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

We've read this exact story before, which tells me there's a lot of whiny bitches worried about where ambulances park until it's for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    I'm not mad or offended. Only the first sentence in my reply was to you. The rest was my general feelings towards the situation.

The "important things" I was referring to was regarding the lives they need to save. Ambulance drivers are normally trained EMTs. The ambulance carries important equipment that they may or may not need. Do you think they should just drop people off and circle the block looking for a good place to park? Driving the car is only a small part of their job. I'd rather they have the freedom to worry about the situation at hand rather than which parking spot inconveniences homeowners.
    Well of course the driver is EMT, but they are also looked at as an extra. Their job is to park the vehicle in a manner that the situation calls for. It doesn't mean circle the block, I never once even suggested that. It does mean that they drop them off, then if necessary, park in a manner that would have taken additional time. So if there's a small opening in front of the victim's home, but a large opening at their neighbor's, they can drop off the rest of the crew and pull so that the rear of the vehicle is in that opening. It's common practice, most situations inside only require 2 people. Ambulance crews are typically 3 people for this reason.

Again, I think you're misreading everything I'm saying because you want to. The ambulance can park in front of her house, as long as the situation required it. I just wanted more information, you didn't seem to like that request.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2018-02-20 at 03:49 AM.

Just wanna point out this happened in the UK. In the UK ambulance crews are typically 2 person crews (I've yet to see a 3man crew attend any callout if they need more they tend to send a 2nd ambulance or a Quick Response Doctor in what is essentially a modified Civilian car.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Well of course the driver is EMT, but they are also looked at as an extra. Their job is to park the vehicle in a manner that the situation calls for. It doesn't mean circle the block, I never once even suggested that. It does mean that they drop them off, then if necessary, park in a manner that would have taken additional time. So if there's a small opening in front of the victim's home, but a large opening at their neighbor's, they can drop off the rest of the crew and pull so that the rear of the vehicle is in that opening. It's common practice, most situations inside only require 2 people. Ambulance crews are typically 3 people for this reason.
    You agree that an ambulance should be free to park wherever the situation demands ignoring whether or not it inconveniences the homeowners. It honestly seems like you're just being pedantic.

If an ambulance that is responding to an emergency situation (911/999 call) inconveniences you, accept it and move on or submit a complaint through the proper channels. The workers have enough to think about while they are working.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    You agree that an ambulance should be free to park wherever the situation demands ignoring whether or not it inconveniences the homeowners. It honestly seems like you're just being pedantic.

If an ambulance that is responding to an emergency situation (911/999 call) inconveniences you, accept it and move on or submit a complaint through the proper channels. The workers have enough to think about while they are working.
    Again, you're not reading anything I'm saying lol. Good day friend.

So it's news to people that you can be arrested for threatening letters?

Never mind the actual verbal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    lol...
    Arrested over a "abusive" letter.

Peace
    "This is not solely about the note," Staffordshire Police said, "the arrest related to matters of verbal abuse."
    Aaaaaaand didn't read the OP.

Peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I didn't realize verbal abuse was a criminal offense?
    Depends where you are and what exactly you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So it's news to people that you can be arrested for threatening letters?
    There wasn't a "threat" in the letter. People need to stop using that wrong. If it's not a statement of intent to cause harm, it's not a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Never mind the actual verbal abuse.
    I'd really like to know what it is people call "verbal abuse" in this context. I mean, constantly berating, cursing and screaming at your children, I can see that. Bitching out public servants? That's basically what free speech is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There wasn't a "threat" in the letter. People need to stop using that wrong. If it's not a statement of intent to cause harm, it's not a threat.

I'd really like to know what it is people call "verbal abuse" in this context. I mean, constantly berating, cursing and screaming at your children, I can see that. Bitching out public servants? That's basically what free speech is for.
    That’s the part that people miss my friend.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I'm going to train to become an EMT then park my van in your house. Nocomplaintspl0x
    There are 0 ways for an EMT to park it's van in my house If it parks in my lawn because of an emergency then i have no problems with that. Nobody should have problems with that. We are talking about human lifes, u rather have it parked miles away just for the sake of ur lawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    There are 0 ways for an EMT to park it's van in my house
    We'll see about that.

Deleted
    Let's be honest she's only been fined

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    We'll see about that.

Damn rip house
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post