Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They'd be better off writing their state representatives. Also, tons of kids are going to milk this so they don't have to go to school.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I bet by the 24 th they forget why they are marching use it as an excuse to ditch go get high and have sex. Which is pretty close to what what I’d expect just about everywhere.
    So... All Young teenagers are stupid and lazy?

Sounds like a familiar talking point from the buzzword king Hannity. Like, I get it. Have a healthy level of skepticism, but don't turn into the 55 year old with a backwards MAGA cap and a half empty bud light in one hand screaming at the TV because kids are eatin' tidepods with chopsticks.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    They'd be better off writing their state representatives. Also, tons of kids are going to milk this so they don't have to go to school.
    They really aren't. They know Trump will just ignore them and Veto any Gun Law.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    If only there were other presidents who could have done something for 8 years each.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I have a strong feeling on the 23rd they'll be told if they march, they'll be suspended/expelled and then nobody will do it.
    I doubt the school would do that honestly.

Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District establishes that schools must acknowledge the First Amendment rights of students. So students do have the right to protest.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-20 at 05:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    A little too fast..........

Where's the high school students against high school abuse and bullying.
    It is a little odd how they have launched a movement before bodies are in the ground. Suprising for a bunch of teens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    If only there were other presidents who could have done something for 8 years each.
    Obama did try. Unless you're referring to Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    (Source)

This is an extremely complicated issue and I doubt either side will back down anytime soon. I just find this all sad.
    Protesting always seems like a total waste of time. If they really wanted to change things these High School Students should all commit to getting a education, having a successful career and when the time comes run for public office with 20 years worth of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Protesting always seems like a total waste of time. If they really wanted to change things these High School Students should all commit to getting a education, having a successful career and when the time comes run for public office with 20 years worth of experience.
    Protesting a waste of time? BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! AHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAH. lol.

Thanks for the comedy, but if you really want change, it starts from the top.

Obama did try. Unless you're referring to Bush.
    I'm referring to all of them and they all failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Kind of hard thing to do when you're afraid of getting shot...which is literally the reason they're protesting, to push for any gun reform that will decrease school shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I'm referring to all of them and they all failed.
    Agreed, however there are better ways to tackle the issue then previous presidents.

When will they protest against mental illnesses and the poor to non extent treatment for them? Do that and maybe these school shooting will actually stop.

I doubt the school would do that honestly. Do schools even have the right to suspend students for something unrelated and outside of school?
    It's a walk out isn't it? By not attending class they are skipping which in my time was was ironically a suspensionable offence. Schools push boundaries all the time, even if they aren't allowed

Ah shit, they're marching on the 24th, not 23rd..
    Last edited by Ayla; 2018-02-20 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest I chuckled when the article said a "lie in" was a part of their protest and it meant they actually lied down, I know it's meant to be morbid statement but it just makes me think they have no idea how to protest. Though I don't how much of a change this will make considering the argument that the person who had the gun was the problem not the gun itself can continue to be made by lobbyists and lawmakers and is hard to break. Maybe they'll do stricter classifications for purchasing again and express they will look at rebuffing the screening process but I doubt unless someone was able to directly rip out the Second Amendment that actual major change will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ideally.

There is this one school in Indiana which uses a awesome security system. I have 2 nieces who attend this high school. http://www.wfsb.com/story/26493734/i...est-in-america

Here is another article on it with more info. http://dailysignal.com/2015/09/15/sa...ools-catch-up/

Need to look at the video to really appreciate the system they have.
    But then you get the people who squeal "Muh Rights!", "Systematic Oppression!" and "Tyranny!" whenever someone suggests adding a stronger security presence to a school. There a quite few people who go for immediate victimisation if they see additional security irregardless of whether it's actually there to keep them safe.

I have a strong feeling on the 23rd they'll be told if they march, they'll be suspended/expelled and then nobody will do it.
    I really doubt that a school would risk the rep of being the school that expelled a bunch of students for protesting gun violence after a School Shooting happened recently.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It's a walk out isn't it? By not attending class they are skipping which in my time was was ironically a suspensionable offence. Schools push boundaries all the time, even if they aren't allowed.
    March 24th is a Saturday. So no, they won't be skipping school.

March 24th is a Saturday. So no, they won't be skipping school.
    Ah shit. I was looking at the 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    For now. Is it wise for Republicans to give up both millennials and generation z though? Or are they content to die out with the boomers?
    Well I'm pretty sure the boomers are planning on going out with a bang making it so we're all dead and they won't care about voting anymore.
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    So... All Young teenagers are stupid and lazy?

Sounds like a familiar talking point from the buzzword king Hannity. Like, I get it. Have a healthy level of skepticism, but don't turn into the 55 year old with a backwards MAGA cap and a half empty bud light in one hand screaming at the TV because kids are eatin' tidepods with chopsticks.

Alright but don’t go lumping me in with Hannity. I’m not putting these kids down I’m proud but I was also a teenager once and if they do manage to care that much great.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Whose alt account are you?