Thread: Racials in PvP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You are missing the point completely.
    A player shouldnt be forced to reroll for the best / most optimized racial. How hard is that to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Except for EMFH and shadowmeld. Remove them all or give the exactly same one to all races.
    EMFH gets hit with the removal of adapt, not that it's OP anyways. Shadowmeld isn't a problem. It takes skill to use correctly.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-02-20 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    EMFH gets hit with the removal of adapt, not that it's OP anyways. Shadowmeld isn't a problem. It takes skill to use correctly.
    Doesnt matter. Still an advantage over someone that doesnt have it.

Remove Them All!

10+ Year Old Account

Remove Them All!
    That's the fucking point! It's supposed to be an advantage!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    That's the fucking point! It's supposed to be an advantage!
    Well then your point sucks. There shouldnt be gamebreaking advantages from racials. Simple as that!

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    No please, pruning and homogenization is what has been killing PvP since cata, we don't need more of it.
    Despite me wanting things to be "more balanced", I have to totally agree with Knolan here. Prunning and homogenization fucked PvP up big time. Despite being a "mini-esports-game", PvP is supposed to still be a part of WoW, which is an RPG game.
    I like arena, I actually love it. I'm 2k+ in every healer alt and gladiator on main, but I really really really don't want to see homogenization of racials like they did with classes (and are UNDOING in BfA, because they know they fucked up)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add: if you want to play PvP seriously, you don't complain about your race being weaker than other X race, you roll that X race that is supposed to be better in PvP. thats how it works.

Remove racials. All races are born equal, even in World of Warcraft.

The only people arguing that racials "should" be OP are probably the same ones who've never seen anything over 1500 in any rated play.

People should want to play a race because they enjoy the character idea, not because it'll lead to significant performance differences.

If a racial can ever result in a kill, it needs removal.

Arcane torrent is a great example of an ability that makes healers hate healing in PvP. An aoe silence that takes no skill to use. You don't even have to target the person. Utter joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind having faction mirrored racials. Only thing is, that they are a great way for Blizz to make money. Changing the meta causes people to pay for race changes so they can get in on that racial goodness.

So although I think it would be good for game balance, it wouldn't necessarily be good for their pocket books, which is why I think this change may never come.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

So basically the OP wants every class that can be played by Human and Undead to be played by Human and Undead in PvP?

The idea of factions having the same racial on both sides has been kicked around for a long time. Blizz isnt going to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    You want to homogenize racials...
    Yes. Instead of your pointless reply how about you actually give me a constructive reason why we shouldn't have it. Because faction balance in pvp has been a problem since arguably the games beginning thanks to faction specific racials.

Tell me, what is your opinion on things like alterac valley and silvershard mines layouts?

Your homo buzz word might work when talking about classes,but this is FACTION WIDE, you know how like both factions have to get the same? Like how shamans and paladins are not faction specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    So basically the OP wants every class that can be played by Human and Undead to be played by Human and Undead in PvP?

The idea of factions having the same racial on both sides has been kicked around for a long time. Blizz isnt going to do it.
    As opposed to
    Horde = belfs + shamans ands druids
    Alliance = humans + dh, shamans and druids?

Yes i 100% want to see more racial diversity in the game and to completely eliminate the faction imbalance that racials create in pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-08 at 08:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Yes. Instead of your pointless reply how about you actually give me a constructive reason why we shouldn't have it.
    I just don't like how my character always gets nerfed in PvE because I'm too strong for PvP. Every Man For Himself has turned into a garbage raid talent. It doesn't dispel nearly as much as it used to but the spell will still go on cooldown when used and I'll still be stunned. I'm not saying that racials shouldn't get changed but I don't think they're that impactful. At least they're not very useful in raiding. Not anymore...

Deleted
    Just disable all racial bonuses in rated PVP, templates were a great start to get things balanced and so far the people screeching at the idea of racials being disabled in rated, or templates staying, are the guys who got PvE gear and only then managed to scrape some kills vs undergeared people who just started their grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I just don't like how my character always gets nerfed in PvE because I'm too strong for PvP. Every Man For Himself has turned into a garbage raid talent. It doesn't dispel nearly as much as it used to but the spell will still go on cooldown when used and I'll still be stunned. I'm not saying that racials shouldn't get changed but I don't think they're that impactful. At least they're not very useful in raiding. Not anymore...
    Emfh got "nerfed" because it removed literally every cc in the game, it could break everything wotf could and everything wotf could not, this included HORRORS, a fear that wotf could not break. It HAD to be "nerfed" it was one of the most ridiculously overpowered abilities ever in wow.
    Oh and if all that wasn't strong enough you also got to use 2 trinkets while every other race had to use a trinket to emulate your racial (but not entirely copy it)

I put quote marks round nerf because even after making it only work on stuns it still removes around 80% of cc in pvp, welcome to not having a retard proof get out jail free card you can only use on 1 type of cc now like every other race has to deal with. Lucky for you almost all cc except stuns has been pruned or breaks on damage anyway.

The irony is, if wotf worked exactly like emfh from the beginning then both sides would have had the op shit and it would either be nerfed because alliance would finally admit and cry about how op it is or no one would really cry because both factions had access to it.
    But none of your post has any relevance to why homogen racials for both factions would be a good or bad thing, hell if anything your only talking about pve enforces the need for homogen.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-09 at 07:30 AM.

For world pvp or battlegrounds maybe.

In arenas it dictates all the terms for being viable at the highest tier. Remove it from arenas. It has no place in competitive pvp whatsoever.
    Okay so it affects like 100 total people. Unless your 2700+ consistently, racials aren't affecting you. Both factions offer good choices for racials.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove Them All!
    Then they should remove counterspell from mages too; it's unfair my that warrior doesn't have it. Also remove Bubble from paladins; it's not fair that my shaman doesn't have it!

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Then they should remove counterspell from mages too; it's unfair my that warrior doesn't have it. Also remove Bubble from paladins; it's not fair that my shaman doesn't have it!
    This quote perfectly summons up the level of intelligence on these forums.

This quote perfectly summons up the level of intelligence on these forums.
    I was being sarcastic to emulate the logic that you're using in this thread lol... oh the irony.

I was being sarcastic to emulate the logic that you're using in this thread lol... oh the irony.
    Whatever you say mate

Deleted
    Okay so it affects like 100 total people. Unless your 2700+ consistently, racials aren't affecting you.
    This is absolutely not true in the slightest, please stop talking complete and utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    This is absolutely not true in the slightest, please stop talking complete and utter nonsense.
    You're right. It doesn't even affect the top 100 players. Looking at the top of the ladder there's plenty of diversity in both factions. BE, Orc, Tauren, HMT, UD, Troll, NE, Human, Draenei, Dwarf, VE all in the top 100.