Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    They can't buff Surv and make it stronger than MM and BM because the kind of whiner you are exist
    It's been stronger than both specs for most of the expansion already and literally nobody cares because they don't want to play melee.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's been stronger than both specs for most of the expansion already and literally nobody cares because they don't want to play melee.
    I played Surv in NH and was well optimized, since NH tier set I never simmed higher as SV than I did as MM. I don't know how you can say that surv beat Marks since ToS mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Well I didn't, I play as a hunter too and I do think the initial idea to bring a melee hunter spec was really a good one, so please, don't try to change my opinion. You and everyone else have the right to think the opposite. I never said or thought I spoke for the majority.

It doesn't matter what you, the individual, think because the collective Hunter class rejected the spec. That makes it not a great spec. Opinions can be crap, too, you know. You aren't immune from criticism by hiding behind "my opinion!". Similarly, no one is saying you aren't allowed to hold that opinion; I'm just saying it's a stupid opinion. Just as it's your right to hold your opinion, it's my right to hold that opinion about yours.

Good ideas have good results, Survival going melee had bad results.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting how people are bitching about there being no class uniqueness, Blizzard try something different and now folks are bitching that they want Surv to go back to how it was.. Looks like folks really don't want class/spec uniqueness at all..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-02-20 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    I played Surv in NH and was well optimized, since NH tier set I never simmed higher as SV than I did as MM. I don't know how you can say that surv beat Marks since ToS mythic.
    Survival was strong in Nighthold because it had a very good tier set, MM was extremely strong in ToS because of its tier set - something that has continued into antorus, because most hunters seem to still run the old two set.

Regardless, even if Survival was slightly stronger - the raw dps doesn't outweigh the benefit of being a ranged DPS with great target swapping, the game is already filled with too many melee and the few ranged we do have are mostly dot classes, meaning in terms of raid comps the ability to have a ranged dps with on-demand burst (without having to pool resources like other classes) is extremely valuable

They can't buff Surv and make it stronger than MM and BM because the kind of whiner you are exist and will go full shitstorm (even more than now) if this was the case, with things in all caps like : "I don't wanna swap to melee to be competitv blablabla", "they gutter WoD SV and now melee is the best DPS option blabla"

You get what you deserve
    Damn fucking right we would kick up a fuss if Blizzard tried to force us via tuning to switch to SV because many of us specifically rolled this class to avoid melee. They did gut WoD SV which is already peak shittiness so that is absolutely a valid thing to complain about.

Melee Survival got what it deserved, which was contempt and abandonment by its own class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I find it interesting how people are bitching about there being no class uniqueness, Blizzard try something different and now folks are bitching that they want Surv to go back to how it was.. Seems that folks really didn't want class/spec uniqueness at all..
    People are all for blizzard trying new things, they did and it failed - now people want it changed, it's how balancing/design works. The main issue is, noone asked for melee hunters, the effectively made hunter a 2 spec class, both of which play pretty terribly, leaving to not much choice. if people wanted to play a melee they would have rolled a warrior, monk or rogue - not a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Pretty sure having a melee spec makes the class much more versatile and it used to be a thing back in vanilla(my first toon was a melee hunter)... respec marksmen if you want to shoot stuff.
    I don't want to play the lone wolf marksman. I want to play at range, with my pet, like it always was before lone wolf was brought to the game.

If MM is going to stay what it is, and it'sa very popular play style among some hunters, we need the old survival spec back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleybp View Post
    People are all for blizzard trying new things, they did and it failed - now people want it changed, it's how balancing/design works. The main issue is, noone asked for melee hunters, the effectively made hunter a 2 spec class, both of which play pretty terribly, leaving to not much choice. if people wanted to play a melee they would have rolled a warrior, monk or rogue - not a hunter.
    Then you should have no trouble switching to mage or warlock to replace ranged Survival.

I've wanted a melee hunter since Wrath when I started playing, because no other melee has an animal companion (a shambling corpse for a DK is not an animal companion). Since no other melee fulfills what I wanted, they are irrelevant to the discussion of the benefits of a melee hunter.

While I wish BM had been made the melee spec so I could only have one spec to deal with (Marks and ranged Survival both suck), I'm quite thankful hunters finally get to be up there with their pet fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It doesn't matter what you, the individual, think because the collective Hunter class rejected the spec. That makes it not a great spec. Opinions can be crap, too, you know. You aren't immune from criticism by hiding behind "my opinion!". Similarly, no one is saying you aren't allowed to hold that opinion; I'm just saying it's a stupid opinion. Just as it's your right to hold your opinion, it's my right to hold that opinion about yours.

Good ideas have good results, Survival going melee had bad results.
    Even if it matters to two people or just me - it still matters. You can't change that and you aren't the one to tell the opposite, sorry. Well, actually I'm not sorry.

Sometimes good ideas can be implemented badly and that's the case of Legion's survival hunter. Bringing more diversity into a class by making one spec more distinct from the other two isn't a bad idea. Only a fool can say that. Was it done well? No, it wasn't. In the end it obviously had more cons than pros so people were very loud about it. I am saying it wasn't that bad for leveling but was much worse later in raids. But again - the idea of a melee spec for a hunter was good and refreshing. I am not saying that it had to be the survival spec. Honestly I would rather see the BM get a makeover like this, even Rexxar already resembles that image perfectly.

I think the actual problem here is that you rolled the survival spec back in WoD and you are still angry about Blizz making it melee all of a sudden. But guess what. The old survival hunter as you knew it won't come back.

Also, don't say other people's ideas are stupid. That just makes you look... you know... stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Damn fucking right we would kick up a fuss if Blizzard tried to force us via tuning to switch to SV because many of us specifically rolled this class to avoid melee. They did gut WoD SV which is already peak shittiness so that is absolutely a valid thing to complain about.

Melee Survival got what it deserved, which was contempt and abandonment by its own class.
    Just making sure people don't use the "hard work no reward" argument about surv since it's the toxic community that prevent it to be a top spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Then you should have no trouble switching to mage or warlock to replace ranged Survival.

I've wanted a melee hunter since Wrath when I started playing, because no other melee has an animal companion (a shambling corpse for a DK is not an animal companion). Since no other melee fulfills what I wanted, they are irrelevant to the discussion of the benefits of a melee hunter.

While I wish BM had been made the melee spec so I could only have one spec to deal with (Marks and ranged Survival both suck), I'm quite thankful hunters finally get to be up there with their pet fighting.
    I wanted to be like Rexxar fighting alongside my companion in battle killing our foes as we stand side by side not as pet and master but friends and comoanions

I find it interesting how people are bitching about there being no class uniqueness, Blizzard try something different and now folks are bitching that they want Surv to go back to how it was.. Looks like folks really don't want class/spec uniqueness at all..
    Said people never complained about spec uniqueness because we argue that it was unique.. the moment they announced sv was becoming melee and it was clear there was going to be no real way to play like sv I complained the whole time. Actually the moment they announced it was sv they were changing I complained. Not because it was becoming melee, but because it was happening to the apec i had played since late bc.

- - - Updated - - -

Mm is a mage.. survival was nowhere near a mage. Instant abilities vs cast times is a huge playstyle change...
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

thats kinda dumb to say seeing as magic casters aren't similar at all to archers.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    SV is ruined forever unfortunately. blizzard killed off a spec and opened the retard floodgates. go look at wow forums atm it's either people arguing about what SV should be or idiots posting their "spec redesign" fantasy threads.

accept being a 2 spec class from now on cause SV is a dead meme.
    This is one of the truest thing I've ever seen posted on these forums. Bang on in the first page too.

I think survival is pretty terrible right now, but I like having the option to play a melee hunter. Just like so many of you are complaining that new survival came at the expense of old survival, just replacing the new with the old is not acceptable to me. If they want to add another range spec, that's fine with me, but I leveled my character as a melee and I intend to play it as melee. There's really no reason to remove melee hunters as an option entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, fuck off. i like melee survival.

i don't like the gameplay design they went with for it. but i like a melee hunter spec.
    You can't make this shit up.

You like melee survival.. but you don't like the current incarnation of melee survival.. which is the only incarnation of this spec ever made... so... basically you've never actually liked survival. So ... blizzard should design the spec around YOUR needs... as someone who has never liked melee survival...

Does not compute...

Keep SV melee, make it less convoluted and with slightly less button bloat, and able to compete with all other melee.
    Make MM more like the old SV. Make BA baseline, have it function again as a dot and take out the dumb Minion. Change AiS as an instant cast on a 6 sec CD with LnL either baseline or talented for a free 1-3 AiS casts if triggered. Make ES as a talent that replaces AiS, keep damage values roughly equivalent but have it do damage to adds within 5-10 yards of primary target (to keep it as an actual gameplay affecting talent for AoE situations but can be picked as ST as well). Or include a glyph that replaces AiS with ES and does the same damage but has a proc that gives the appearance of the old 3 tick boom. AS can stay as a generator or go back to a filler but bring back Steady Shot (castable while moving). SS becomes a talent that applies a dot from AS or MS. Mastery remains a straight damage increase.
    Problem solved. People get old SV back (thru MM) and talents/glyphs, SV becomes more viable in raids/m+. More importantly, people get their specs in the game they want.
    As far as SV being better than the 2 rdps specs so everyone would have to swap...yes and no. Some players will, but it's not like when feral outdoes boomkin or vice versa everyone methodically swaps to the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    You can't make this shit up.

You like melee survival.. but you don't like the current incarnation of melee survival.. which is the only incarnation of this spec ever made... so... basically you've never actually liked survival. So ... blizzard should design the spec around YOUR needs... as someone who has never liked melee survival...

Does not compute...
    I really enjoy melee survival as it's extremely fun to play with things like Harpoon and high burst phases. It also has nice control for PVP and better survivability than MM/BM. I enjoy fighting enemies side by side with a pet and the "one with nature" aspect, instead of fighting from afar, or completely without a pet.
    The things I don't like is that Blizz made talents/traits that requires you to interrupt what you're doing to maintain a buff that if it falls off kills all your damage. It also has a much better feel in that there is always something to press and unlike other melee I don't have to wait 1-3 seconds between ability usage. I don't like that it doesn't flow.
    It's possible to enjoy some aspects and not others of a spec.
    That being said, I don't like RNG fest specs like MM or BM. A little isn't bad, like LnL procs, but on some bosses when you're not getting a single Marking proc as MM or go for a while as BM without a DF/DB proc, it feels terrible. When RNG has potential to completely screw over your damage, it's a shit design (my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Well now they turned Survival into some weird fucked up, clunky hybrid thing.

Good job dudes.
    Not sure where you are getting the hybrid thing but Survival on Alpha is pretty fun to play, just waiting for more synergy across skills either through talents or passives.

Double wildfire is really fun though.

I find it interesting how people are bitching about there being no class uniqueness
    I don't remember a single person bitching about the lack of uniqueness before Blizzard removed survival. It's desperate attempt at post-hoc justification of a terrible error, and none of us are buying it.

- - - Updated - - -

It would have been far easier to just allow any other melee spec the ability to tame an animal companion than it was to remove an entire spec just to satisfy the 0.3% of WoW players who want that.