Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    That's it.

I have read that the horde is going to burn Teldrassil. I m not interested if the Alliance struck first Undercity or attacked in Silithus..if Sylvanas or any goblin fools is going to burn Teldrassil i will not partecipate.

Yes, i prefer to froze my character instead of doing this. War is a thing, mass murdering people or destroy our world is another. I don t know how blizzard would do this but i must admit, for the first time i m reallly worried about where the horde is going... yes Garrosh was also a very grim moment in our history but i hoped that after him the horde would have return to his "way of honor"

Sylvanas as our warchief is ofc a time-bomb...like every forsaken. I know they have suffered a lot and they are fighting constantly for survival but their methods has always been.."extreme" at least..

Really watching how blizzard will manage this..
    You mean like when Garrosh nuked Theramore? The world will be fine. Nordrassil, the real World Tree, still stands. Teldrassil was created in arrogance to try to recover the NEs' immortality. The more radical NEs and druids have wanted it burnt since Vanilla. We're doing the world a favor.

If you can't handle real war, go be an Alliance and run through the meadows with the furries.

i once was a proud member of the horde. honor was something that counted. horde were a bit rough, but they were that cool underdogs. lore was differentiated. since 2-3 xpacs blizzard decided that the underdogs are now just plain evil. the story support that. by the simplest way. fuck that.

i dont wanna be a member of a horde
    - that lost nearly all cool characters
    - have leaders like baine that chilled while watching how garrosh kills his father.
    - have leaders like gallywix
    - have a more than moralish discussable warchief
    - have plain „we are the bad guys“ stories
    - sucks in nearly every aspect of lore.

and i dont wanna be a member of gaylliance.

thanks blizz, for offering me no other options than quit playing or play „something“ and try to act like lore dont matter in a mmorpg. what a wonderful world... of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i once was a proud member of the horde. honor was something that counted. horde were a bit rough, but they were that cool underdogs. lore was differentiated. since 2-3 xpacs blizzard decided that the underdogs are now just plain evil. the story support that. by the simplest way. fuck that.

i dont wanna be a member of a horde
    - that lost nearly all cool characters
    - have leaders like baine that chilled while watching how garrosh kills his father.
    - have leaders like gallywix
    - have a more than moralish discussable warchief
    - have plain „we are the bad guys“ stories
    - sucks in nearly every aspect of lore.

and i dont wanna be a member of gaylliance.

thanks blizz, for offering me no other options than quit playing or play „something“ and try to act like lore dont matter in a mmorpg. what a wonderful world... of warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    As an Orc warrior who killed every ally I came across in MoP, I still had to raid my own city and beat Garrosh

I don't care if you're even a druid, you're burning that tree whether you want to or not

- - - Updated - - -

haven't been to see it in forever, but in game it looks like a tree stump due to limitations. Hopefully we get a in game cinematic that uses an actual tree but it's gonna be weird if they stick with the stump https://i.imgur.com/nCJcOtR.jpg
    I've been thinking for a while now that they could have gone with "Teldrassil was corrupted so we had to cut it down, now we live in the fertile tree stump" as the plot for the zone and everything would have continued as normal + the in-game model would have been correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I've been thinking for a while now that they could have gone with "Teldrassil was corrupted so we had to cut it down, now we live in the fertile tree stump" as the plot for the zone and everything would have continued as normal + the in-game model would have been correct.
    "...and in other news, the lumber industry plummeted into decline today as a never ending supply of wood has been harvested from the once great Nordrassil."

I personally think the burning of the tree is just to get rid of the eyesore that is that stump that doesn't come close to what it's supposed to look like. Probably best to just get rid of of it all together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    hahahaha this was exactly my reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    my oppinion left asside, that image was great. i really laughed. perfect image for my „a little whiny cry baby“ post.

I still have doubts the burning is an official part of Horde's campaign in the region, but should the player be the one who's going to spark it, I'll do it like any other quest. I can always go there with my lower level night elf alt if I'm feeling nostalgic. To be honest, I'm far more peeved about quests where I aid the Alliance, especially during time of war like all of Cata-modified Burning Steppes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Horde doesn't burn Teldrassil.

For one thing, Sylvanas outlines her intent to capture the Tree and the city in it in the text. She expounds on the dangers of Azerite and the way it will shape war in the years to come as a big part of her desire to create Peace. And with an Azerite Bomb in their hands, no amount of Forsaken Bodies would protect her from Final Death. So we know she's got good reasons to actually want Peace.

She's also at least somewhat right in that Peace would never be achieved if the Horde and Alliance shared political ground borders, and she made the decision to abandon the Undercity. It also brings her people to Orgrimmar, where she has to stay as Warchief, so that she can continue to rule over them, directly, to avoid any further Desolate Council elevation.

There's also the issue that Baine, Saurfang, and Lorthemar would never sign off on destroying Teldrassil. So if it -was- her plan all along, they'd probably kill her on Darkshore without a further question and deliver her head to the Alliance with explanations of her lying to them about her intent to destroy Teldrassil. At the very LEAST it would see a major fragmentation of the Horde as the Tauren quit on a dime without a second thought toward their former allies. The Trolls would probably bail as well.

No... Instead we're going to see another "Third Party Intercedes" and destroys the tree during the attempted conquest as a way to throw gasoline on the already roaring fire. It'll be blamed on the Horde by the Alliance Leaders, and we'll be driven deeper into the war. Even when the truth comes out it will all be too late.

Also it's not going to be too atrocious in the end, as Anduin speaks of those who lost their homes when he's giving his speech during the attack of Lordaeron, rather than the innocents slaughtered by the Horde, or the countless dead burned or whatever.
    Bravo. Very excellently stated. I had known about Sylvanas' thoughts on the borders, though I hadn't made the connection that she may have voluntarily given up the Undercity. Also, who is this Desolate Council? I've heard about them more than once.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

That the games get updates more frequently, so its faster to the see story development instead of having to wait 3 and a half year for a sequel while you and a group of 50 people discuss of what it may be only while you wait? *cry*
    no, because WoW is the video game equivalent of a shounen anime and should not be taken too seriously.

I understand that some players could care less about lore, but do wonder how a Tauren or Troll druid could be talked into torching Teldrassil.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I understand that some players could care less about lore, but do wonder how a Tauren or Troll druid could be talked into torching Teldrassil.
    19 gold pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Don't worry, after the Horde commits a few atrocities in BfA, they will use Sylvanas as a scapegoat and place all the blame squarely on her, then the Horde will be squeaky clean again!
    It wasn't the Horde. It was her!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinduffen View Post
    no, because WoW is the video game equivalent of a shounen anime and should not be taken too seriously.
    *Looks at DBZ community* Well....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    "...and in other news, the lumber industry plummeted into decline today as a never ending supply of wood has been harvested from the once great Nordrassil."
    Nordrassil is the one in Hyjal.

To solve that, go "the wood is corrupted and cannot be used." Or in true blizzard fashion, never bring it up ever and just leave it as a plot hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    That's it.

I have read that the horde is going to burn Teldrassil. I m not interested if the Alliance struck first Undercity or attacked in Silithus..if Sylvanas or any goblin fools is going to burn Teldrassil i will not partecipate.

Yes, i prefer to froze my character instead of doing this. War is a thing, mass murdering people or destroy our world is another. I don t know how blizzard would do this but i must admit, for the first time i m reallly worried about where the horde is going... yes Garrosh was also a very grim moment in our history but i hoped that after him the horde would have return to his "way of honor"

Sylvanas as our warchief is ofc a time-bomb...like every forsaken. I know they have suffered a lot and they are fighting constantly for survival but their methods has always been.."extreme" at least..

Really watching how blizzard will manage this..
    Don't worry, friendo. I'll make sure to burn some extra NELFs to make up for you not being there.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    *Looks at DBZ community* Well....
    trust me I know.

Nordrassil is the one in Hyjal.

To solve that, go "the wood is corrupted and cannot be used." Or in true blizzard fashion, never bring it up ever and just leave it as a plot hole.
    Damnit, i meant Teldrassil. Fucking trees, man.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Bravo. Very excellently stated. I had known about Sylvanas' thoughts on the borders, though I hadn't made the connection that she may have voluntarily given up the Undercity. Also, who is this Desolate Council? I've heard about them more than once.
    The Desolate Council is a stand-in government for Sylvanas in Undercity. According to the prologue of the new Before the Storm novel they form to manage the day to day rulership of the city, but Sylvanas doesn't know about it 'til Blightcaller tells her in Orgrimmar. Initially she's angry, likely scared they'll pull another Putress. But when he explains they're not trying to take over, just handle little things while she's away, she's mollified.

Then he tells her they wanna talk to her because they're not happy with the whole "Do anything to make sure we all live forever" thing. THAT pisses her off a bit, but you give people Free Will and they'll think and want things different from you.

So it's a thing!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.