Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    There aren't Zandalari Paladins in game only Prelate or Freethinker that aren't our Paladins.

But people thinks that 3 spells can make a class atm.
    Seems like as much Paladin as the Tauren Sunwalkers.

With Prelate and Freethinker there is a larger base for the creation of lore to allow for Zandalari Paladins vis-a-vis Sunwalkers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Blasted? I use actual argumentation and you say i've been blasted. Holy fucking shit no wonder you had to make a new account when your main was banned
    actual argumentation was "this isnt MM spell" got proven wrong, cried.

really im ignoring you because you are a waste of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Rogue exist in game so...why not?
    The Grimtotem have a different culture than their tauren brethren, willing to deal in Dark magic and poison.
    It's almost like... /gasp

It's a different people of the same race... kinda like... ALLIED RACES
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    actual argumentation was "this isnt MM spell" got proven wrong, cried.

really im ignoring you because you are a waste of time.
    Which is perfectly fine argumentation because i came up with a clear cut case to back it up. Afterwards you proceeded to talk back with this 3rd grade spit dribble and "you got blasted" shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Seems like as much Paladin as the Tauren Sunwalkers.

With Prelate and Freethinker there is a larger base for the creation of lore to allow for Zandalari Paladins vis-a-vis Sunwalkers

And if we look at any class-race combination we can clirly see that Tauren Paladin, Goblin Shaman are the most retconned, but required for class balance between factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    "Prelate, in the strict canonical sense, refers to a priest or bishop" -

Taken from wikipedia
    And Zanda can be priests right?

3 spell? really? Also this is just a way to prove my point regarding the Overlays, you will have different name for the same spell and maybe different animation.
    The point was to show that LOA CHANNEL HOLY POWERS. Not just from now but since Vanilla.

Zandalari paladins can be tracked back to vanilla, each time they came with different name, so yeah they do exist, it's not just one case but third. With Pralate being the most evident.

Zandalari make more sense and there is much more back up for them being paladin than any Horde race. Belves only got paladin not because they believed in Light, but because they abused Naaru to grant them this power. Oh Sunwalkers had so much backup before they appeared in Cata.

It's not like we saw examples of them there and there, it's not like they have strict priest caste society and they literally live in city-temple, it's not like their empire is still thriving and they actually have all the means to have their own order of warrior -priests.

And it's not like in scrolls of Lore it was written that preffered Zandalari fighting style is combination of brute strenght backed by ancient magics.

And yeah what you just linked is clearly rogue class. But it's Grimtotem they're not playable.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The Grimtotem have a different culture than their tauren brethren, willing to deal in Dark magic and poison.

Grimtotem could probably be locks and mages so i'm all for that. More moo clothies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I never think anybody would go up and tell the Zandalari that they were worshipping the wrong thing, especially when their Loas are actually real beings which they can see and touch, which can't really be said about the omnious "Light".

All of those paladins are lightworshippers, just going through different channels. The taurens are the big ones out, as they actually get light "powers" through worshipping the sun, but would that be much different as worshipping a Loa of light? This Loa could just be like the Naaru, a creature of light which could bestow power upon its worshippers.
    Exactly: add lore: add a hidden Naaru to Zandalar that came to Azeroth hundres of years ago - maybe make it so that the Naaru "crashed", like to the heart of Xe'ra but because of this does not remember who it is. It has been chilling in a troll temple ever since with its Zandalar protectors. They called it the LoA of light. The player character troll paladin in it's starting experience fixes the Naaru (perhaps with aid from a blood elf paladin who recognizes the LoA for what it is). A voila, a perfect sensible explenation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    The point was to show that LOA CHANNEL HOLY POWERS. Not just from now but since Vanilla.

Zandalari paladins can be tracked back to vanilla, each time they came with different name, so yeah they do exist, it's not just one case but third. With Pralate being the most evident.

Zandalari make more sense and there is much more back up for them being paladin than any Horde race. Belves only got paladin not because they believed in Light, but because they abused Naaru to grant them this power. Oh Sunwalkers had so much backup before they appeared in Cata.

It's not like we saw examples of them there and there, it's not like they have strict priest caste society and they literally live in city-temple, it's not like their empire is still thriving and they actually have all the means to have their own order of warrior -priests.

And it's not like in scrolls of Lore it was written that preffered Zandalari fighting style is combination of brute strenght backed by ancient magics.

And yeah what you just linked is clearly rogue class. But it's Grimtotem they're not playable.
    Sooo aztecs are paladins?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Same is for Zandalari Trolls and Darkspear Trolls, Tauren can be Shadow Priest, can't play with dark magic? See how complicated it becomes when you just look at 1 aspect of a spell/lore to fit into the current "meta-lore" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Dunno, it seems yes, but even without proof I guess that MSV troll boss was a shadow priest so...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Exactly: add lore: add a hidden Naaru to Zandalar that came to Azeroth hundres of years ago - maybe make it so that the Naaru "crashed", like to the heart of Xe'ra but because of this does not remember who it is. It has been chilling in a troll temple ever since with its Zandalar protectors. They called it the LoA of light. The player character troll paladin in it's starting experience fixes the Naaru (perhaps with aid from a blood elf paladin who recognizes the LoA for what it is). A voila, a perfect sensible explenation.
    There is no need for Naaru, Troll Loa are granting Holy Powers since Vanilla.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Throne of Thunder.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zandalari-prelate

This is what people are referring to when they say Zandalari paladins have existed. Notice the abilities:

"Judgment of the Loa"
    "Light of the Loa"
    "Mark of the Loa"
    "Seal of the Loa"

All different variations of core paladin abilities, dealing holy damage.
    Wait, so a no-name NPC is the reason why people wanted Zandalari paladins?

Fucking LOL. That's the most idiotic reason I've ever heard in that case! I thought it was well established and shit
    but if it was just due to a trash mob in a mid tier raid, then there's no reason for them to become a playable combo.

Deleted
    I dont know. I wasnt trying to suggest anything other then informing people what Prelate refers to.

Sooo aztecs are paladins?
    Yes Aztecs had warrior-priests IRL. It makes sense for Zandalari to have them too.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly dont understand why the Zandalari cant be Paladins or Deathknights.
    I mean, they can be Warlocks which make less sense than Paly/DK.

I could see Dark Iron Shamans work.
    But i think they should leave something to differentiate from the Wildhammers (which will eventually be introduced)

But if we have light-wielding undead and tauren paladins.. anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

Fucking LOL. That's the most idiotic reason I've ever heard in that case! I thought it was well established and shit
    but if it was just due to a trash mob in a mid tier raid, then there's no reason for them to become a playable combo.
    It's not idiotic, it's not a no-name NPC. It's mob, so it means that there is actual number of them, they're not special snowflake exception, but military unit that has it's numbers.

It makvs far more sense than having special one NPC, because one NPC can be treated as mere individual.

Zandalaris had previously Freethinkers and Juggrnauts that were also working as Paladin equivalent.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Zandalari Paladins exist in-game already, are there any instances of Dark Iron Shaman?
    Take a stroll through BRD and you'll see plenty of fire elementals. They had to be summoned by someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

1. The fact that blizzard used holy magic instead of another doesn't really prove anything, dont think they would make up another school of magic just for fit it.

Also Holy doesnt mean LIGHT 100% but just Sacred Magic.

2. We already explained the difference between Prelate and Paladin, and why is better to make Prelate the "skin" for Zandalari "Paladin" rather than fuck up even more the lore.

The fact that there are NELF SENTINEL and we can't play doesn't mean that they are forced to introduce them.

I get you guys are hyped for a Zandalari Prelate "paladin" i would like the idea but not like this, not like the Sunwalker Tauren or Goblin Shaman that are forced to fit in a stupid retcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Sure, that's the reason. If you disregard Freethinkers that have been established since vanilla which was also the armor Paladins could get by questing in Zul'Gurub.
    An armor that helped with casting Holy Light and Blessings
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.