Poll: Do you own a gun

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    ofc i do.. almost all americans do
    It actually is only about 40 - 50% or so do. There was a poll taken not too long ago and I think it was around 40% of US households have at least one firearm. Much less actually carry one on their person. In Ohio, of those who are legally eligible to get a carry conceal license, only about 15% actually have.

Deleted
    Because im not a beta cuck that needs a penis substitute. I feel safe enough without one and if i had a choice id rather get robbed and then have police deal with it than risk a shoot out because im not a fucking idiot. Civilians should not be armed. Regulate it heavily and bleed the guns from your society over time otherwise you prefer to have massacres. Support your police forces, profiling is policing. EOT
    Last edited by mmoc539e82d918; 2018-02-20 at 02:48 PM.

No and i don't have any reason to own

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    No. I'm pretty sure you're thinking of something else.
    nono, hes right, completely right. Gun fascination is pathetic, might aswell drive a humvee.

Honestly who ever is really pulling the strings in the US is going to get what they want, you are all going to lose your gun rights or you are going to have to essentially accept full gov surveillance in your lives so that they know what you will do before you do it. You will have options but no one will like either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    No. The main issue here is that you are completely oblivious to what other people actually think.

- - - Updated - - -

Does "EOT" mean "End Of <my idiotic nonsense>"? I hope so.
    Were you saying something or did the barn door open? whew...

Deleted
    I live in the UK so no. I wouldn't even if I could though. I am well aware of the fact that the most likely person for me to shoot would be myself, absolutely, without doubt.

Me having a gun close to hand would be a disaster.

Yes, two .22 rifles, a non-functioning shotgun from the 1800's, and a .243 hunting rifle. I don't currently have a handgun, but it's on my list. I live out in the middle of nowhere with packs of coyotes and feral hogs, as well as a bear sighting or two in the past. Also, for defense against humans. Just last week some stranger decided in the middle of the night they would just hang out in my back yard. The safety of my family is paramount.

I own multiple firearms. I have two pistols, mainly for ease of use for my wife (and eventually, children) for home defense. I have a few rifles that are family heirlooms. I don't even have ammunition for them, mainly because they are basically investments. I have a shotgun for home defense, and another that I like to think is for the zombie apocalypse. On top of that, I have two other rifles that I use for long-range target practice.

My children have no real chance of getting to most of my firearms, not unless they know how to crack a safe. Only my wife and I can get to any of them quickly, and that is only two of the weapons. Luckily, getting inside of my house will take a bit of effort for most people, it's not a matter of just kicking in a door. If anyone can get inside my house without alarms going off, and before I can get to my shotgun, they were well prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaght View Post
    Yes, two .22 rifles, a non-functioning shotgun from the 1800's, and a .243 hunting rifle. I don't currently have a handgun, but it's on my list. I live out in the middle of nowhere with packs of coyotes and feral hogs, as well as a bear sighting or two in the past. Also, for defense against humans. Just last week some stranger decided in the middle of the night they would just hang out in my back yard. The safety of my family is paramount.
    Did you call the police and report them? Not that it would keep you any safer, but a record of harassment can make a huge difference in a court of law should it ever escalate to that point.

I do not, nor is it legal.. luckily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You have to admit, no-one is hunting with AR's. Not saying they should be banned or restricted, just saying (no, NOT saying you implied this) that people who make that as an argument are silly. I just don't think there's anything wrong with someone wanting to own an AR for no other reason that wanting to own an AR. :P
    Actually a lot of people use the AR platform to hunt pest species.

As for me, I have around 40. I collect guns. I have anything from modern to 1700's flintlocks. I don't hunt. I do target shoot. I have an LTC, but hardly ever carry.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    If someone wanted to shoot you you wouldnt have the time to get your gun... get real this isnt some b movie. by being armed you actually put yourself and family in greater danger. Also i wonder how many bears there are around, we got wolf and boar and sometimes even bear populations in Poland, but they are under control so you dont have a chance of encountering one in typical rural area. Are you a park ranger?

Also, fence off your terrain, no one knows its yours but you if its not. Thus don't expect people not to trespass.
    Last edited by mmoc539e82d918; 2018-02-20 at 03:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Pretty simple question. Do you own a gun. Why or why not?
    I own several guns a long with a few bows. I am assuming this question is spurred off of the recent shooting in Florida. I own guns for hunting and because I like to go out shooting. Keep them in a lock safe that only I know the combination on and it's also documented in my will. Ammo is kept in a separate safe with an entirely different combination again only I know and documented in my will. The chances of my kids ever getting into either is virtually impossible unless I pass or I provide them with the combination.....of they are secretly safe crackers. I do not specifically have my guns for self protection, they are there for hunting as I stated and for essentially the "fun" of going out and shooting. I do this with friends and family and actually plan on starting to teach my son and my girlfriends son about gun safety this summer as they are 6 and 8 respectively.

With regards to the shooting and others like it. We cannot stop kids from getting guns illegally but in a lot of cases if parents were more responsible and kept their guns locked up things could certainly be mitigated. My love and prayers go out the victims, their families, friends and the community affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I own several guns a long with a few bows. I am assuming this question is spurred off of the recent shooting in Florida. I own guns for hunting and because I like to go out shooting. Keep them in a lock safe that only I know the combination on and it's also documented in my will. Ammo is kept in a separate safe with an entirely different combination again only I know and documented in my will. The chances of my kids ever getting into either is virtually impossible unless I pass or I provide them with the combination.....of they are secretly safe crackers. I do not specifically have my guns for self protection, they are there for hunting as I stated and for essentially the "fun" of going out and shooting. I do this with friends and family and actually plan on starting to teach my son and my girlfriends son about gun safety this summer as they are 6 and 8 respectively.

With regards to the shooting and others like it. We cannot stop kids from getting guns illegally but in a lot of cases if parents were more responsible and kept their guns locked up things could certainly be mitigated. My love and prayers go out the victims, their families, friends and the community affected.
    Yes you can stop it, all the excuses people make to defend their "right" are ridiculous. If you ban military grade weaponry it begins a process, making guns harder to get and no tolerance laws for illegal gun sale or resale. You can still have pistols and responsible gun owners still get to keep their guns. Age restriction should also be considered for gun usage without adult supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post

Never understood what is fun about killing animals... instead of shooting bullets or arrows you could shoot with a camera and have the same fun yet less violence and suffering. Sounds barbaric to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Never understood what is fun about killing animals... instead of shooting bullets or arrows you could shoot with a camera and have the same fun yet less violence.
    If you are killing and eating and using all of it, fine that is a food source and is far healthier in most cases than farmed animals. If someone does it for sport then fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Never understood what is fun about killing animals... instead of shooting bullets or arrows you could shoot with a camera and have the same fun yet less violence and suffering.
    I'm personally not a hunter, I've never had the stomach for it. However, as someone who loves to eat animals, I get why people choose to hunt. I'd rather it be done in a more-efficient manner (livestock), but it really is largely about tradition in most rural parts of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes you can stop it, all the excuses people make to defend their "right" are ridiculous. If you ban military grade weaponry it begins a process, making guns harder to get and no tolerance laws for illegal gun sale or resale. You can still have pistols and responsible gun owners still get to keep their guns. Age restriction should also be considered for gun usage without adult supervision.
    Already is here in the US. 18 for rifles and 21 for handguns. I think it should be 21 for rifles also. But this thread is not about gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Already is here in the US. 18 for rifles and 21 for handguns. I think it should be 21 for rifles also. But this thread is not about gun control.
    It will always be about gun control, and every nation will continue to pressure the US including Canada because almost all of our illegal guns come form your fucking Country.