Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ROFL.

What a fail bait topic.
    why call it bait? I actually find it interesting topic
    did i eat the bait or something ?

regardless in age of nukes there will be no 'ww', not in the form on the first two at least, it will be start and end in 5 days, with the rest of world, probably after the 1% who owns 90% of world wealth develop a space travel method
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Hey now. As a Texan I resent that. Unless he's from far east Texas.......we dont acknowledge them.
    I'm not a Texan, I only live in The Woodlands.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I can tell by the length of the OP that you're serious. I'm sorry you never took an economics class.
    I actually got a master degree in economics with specialization of finance and accountancy, but thats not the point of conversation i think, but might be wrong

Deleted
    If they do they won't do it until they have overwhelming advantage. at which point it won't be so much a world war but more of a "we set an example with russia, now do as you are told or we will use our spacelazers on your cities too", but it's just as likely no war is needed, depends how things go in asia in the next 50 years i guess.

But before it gets to that point, they will definitely start regular wars to make sure the dollar remains the de facto world currency.

This is a neat article from 2016.
    https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...-owe/21624348/

Tldr the country is in debt mostly to it's citizens not foreign bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    I am sorry but that's just not true, as of 2017 it was 6,310 trillion and that does NOT include any private foreign investors in bonds etc, its safe to assume its around 6,5 which is close to 30%, thats a lot.
    It is true. You completely misread what I posted. 6.5 trillion is the TOTAL Foreign debt. China holds 1.2 trillion of that, Japan holds about 1 trillion of it. The other ~4 trillion is held by other governments and foreign bond holders. Also, 30% is not a lot when the other 70% is held by Americans.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    When did we ever start a war? Second Iraq war maybe, but other than that I can't think of any.
    On surface USA was always the good ones, but for example noone talks about that Saddam Husajn was instaled as leader of Iraq by CIA during the cold war to dimish the Soviet influence in the region and that lead to Iraq and Iran war which suprisngly US made huge profit by selling arms to both sides while spreading their influence. Kuweit war was also mainly due to USA policy in the region, but thats not what the topic is about, so i wont go into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post

I read it but its not going into much details tbh, there are better ones out there. Still not all of the debt is in its citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    It is true. You completely misread what I posted. 6.5 trillion is the TOTAL Foreign debt. China holds 1.2 trillion of that, Japan holds about 1 trillion of it. The other ~4 trillion is held by other governments and foreign bond holders. Also, 30% is not a lot when the other 70% is held by Americans.
    Appologize then to you, indeed i must have missread

Alternate thread title:

Will Donald Trump Start WWIII to Save Himself From Impeachment

The answer is yes.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2018-02-20 at 05:56 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Makes absolutely sense to go and start WW3 since businesses are nowhere near globally connected anymore, every country is its own island and there's barely any communication to the outside, trade is almost non-existent, there's only the country and debt. So: War it is. It will be fought with nuclear weapons first and continued with sticks and stones, and then animal-like war cries because...debts.
    Wars were started for much simpler reasons then money, but most of the modern era wars where actually started over money in form of oil and influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post

https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-...l-debt-3306124

This is article that is actually more accurate with actual data instead of couple numbers thrown around. Btw this link is the first google link you get when you google that question.

This thread title reminds me of a Book Series that I read about 6-8 years ago Honor Harrington and the Republic of Haven,

Some years later, the deteriorating financial and economic condition of the Republic led to the DuQuesne Plan which expected to conquer neighbouring star systems to shore up Haven's economy. The original Havenite democracy disappeared, and power came to be concentrated within the Legislaturalist families, who established a number of secret police organizations to maintain control over the renamed People's Republic of Haven. The original Havenite Constitution was replaced by a new document which enshrined Legislaturalist rule. This constitution was the first step of the so-called "DuQuesne Plan", named after the Havenite politician who proposed it. (HH1)

I really do no think America will start a war with another country because quite frankly it is BROKE and barely existing on the little in taxes it makes from the people and businesses it still has. But I am confident that we will start a war of our own within our borders. Throughout history there are Empires that have conquered and thrived and then were destroyed from within as well as from outside. I hold that we are the Modern Roman Empire and British kingdoms of old.

The government cares nothing for its people and make sure that they remain at the top along with the ultra rich. I think that we will go down the same path as both empires where the people rise up against them, only this time..... it will be far more bloody, far more deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Nah, America just prints money. Problem solved.
    Dollar does not have nearly as much prestigue as currency as it used to have where that solution was actually a solution. IF they print too much in these days, any other worldwide know currency will takeover role of dollar like Euro and god may have america in his protection if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

This is the national debt as a percent of GDP, we're lots richer now than back then. Currently we're no where near WWII levels of debt.
    What I can't help to notice is that it's the "small government, stop spending" party which massively increase the debt, and the supposedly "big wasteful government" which lowers it.
    Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    This thread title reminds me of a Book Series that I read about 6-8 years ago Honor Harrington and the Republic of Haven,

I really do no think America will start a war with another country because quite frankly it is BROKE and barely existing on the little in taxes it makes from the people and businesses it still has. But I am confident that we will start a war of our own within our borders. Throughout history there are Empires that have conquered and thrived and then were destroyed from within as well as from outside. I hold that we are the Modern Roman Empire and British kingdoms of old.

The government cares nothing for its people and make sure that they remain at the top along with the ultra rich. I think that we will go down the same path as both empires where the people rise up against them, only this time..... it will be far more bloody, far more deadly.
    Well thats actually the second option i was thinking about, that exorting the poor will reach too high level and riots will start. While i would agree that it would be very similar to fall of the Roman Empire and later Byzantium, i cant agree it's thesame as good old British Empire which fell apart because of nationalism of their colonies support by the big world peace protectors like Soviets or USA, not because bad goverment.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-...l-debt-3306124

This is article that is actually more accurate with actual data instead of couple numbers thrown around. Btw this link is the first google link you get when you google that question.
    I saw that article, I guess I should have used that with the tldr. I figured most people wouldn't be interested in the specifics.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What I can't help to notice is that it's the "small government, stop spending" party which massively increase the debt, and the supposedly "big wasteful government" which lowers it.
    Funny.
    Not always the truth. Nixon was a republican as well as Ford. The national debt also went from 8.5 Trillion when Obama first took office to 19.5 trillion when he left office. That is more than all the lowering combined of all the presidents since Ike.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    As most of us know the debt of US is getting out of control pretty fast, its over 20 TRILLION dollars at the moment. That's more then 100% of US GDP, its over 200k dolars per working citizen and since current administration seems to not see a problem with that, there is no hope for economic resolution of the problem. Eventually the short term loan that are currently holding the economy will have too high interest to keep it going and thats just the best scenario cause if at some point outside investor would lose trust in dollar that would ruin whole US economy within months.

Now form history we all know that one of the best ways to "pay" the debt is to simply go to war against those who you own money (hello Nazi Germany), judging also from history USA is the biggest aggressor in the current modern world, what i am saying right? USA never gets involved in foreing wars, right? Well here is the list of just the most recent involvements: Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, again Libya, Somali, Pakistan, again Iraq, Afganistan and those are only from 21th century. Thats only the official ones, not even taking into accounts what they did which was not for the public (hello CIA).

With the most recent portraing of North Korea as the worst country in the world, the "accidental" Hawai bombing threat which simply was to instal fear in US citizens and many other "incidents" i am personally starting to fear that there is storm comming. If by any chance there would be war with North Korea and China would stand with them since its almost their city-state, that would start a serious war. China and Japan owns over 2,5 Trillions of the US debt so they would be a perfect target.
    USA doesn't exist, all ecomomic and military and foreign policy descisions are done by the Illuminati federal reserve.

I think our bumbling politicians (both parties) are so inept that they are more likely to start WWIII through some accident than anything else....

I hope after they start it that they at least wise up to some sort of tactics (or maybe read Art of War at least (or their aides can read it and brief them on it) and don't do things like:

1) Announce when we are attacking or what we are doing ("We are sending 30k troops to East Europe on wednesday to complete intellegence operations")
    Yeah, real smart, tell the enemy: exactly what you are doing, when you will do it and how many you will send.....

or, even better:

2) We will start withdrawing our troops in March....... Another genius statement- why not just tell the enemy to wait to attack until March, when the troops leave- so it will be easier.....

Wow, come to think of it- if these parties start WWIII- they will probably conduct the war with the same ineptitude they go through daily life with-

They can't even stop a teenage school shooter- can you imagine how they would fair against Russia or China, rofl........ (but hey- you guys run out and vote for these clowns (both parties) every 4 years, so you must think some of them do a good job....)

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    How much money has the US loaned out that it simply hasn't demanded repayment on?
    the price a nation pays if it tries to become world boss

They started WW2 to save them from big depression.They caused crysis in europe thanks to banks they owned , also biggest german financiers were Rothschilds , Rockefellers and Fords.