Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    So my fellow Hunters. Are we optimistic that Survival could potentially be one of our viable top tier specs now? or dya think it's going to be another expansion of MM or go home? in which case I'd better dust off the Monk and start practising the art of multi-role!
    i think the problem is blizz isn't going to want melee hunter to ever be the top dps. also if you're in a guild as a ranged nobody ever really wants you to swap to melee randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i think the problem is blizz isn't going to want melee hunter to ever be the top dps. also if you're in a guild as a ranged nobody ever really wants you to swap to melee randomly.
    This is true, but you never know. There are a few SV Hunters who continuously top meters for their guilds now, and they're pretty hardcore guilds. Hopefully with the simplification of the spec in BfA, it should be a little better and perhaps more popular so guilds will notice it. But you never know! I'm casual so I'd be happy to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Sad to see the vulnerable mechanic go as I liked the challenge of the casting-timing-movement dynamic.
    The changes do look interesting and to my liking so I'll likely and gladly be sticking with petless MM.
    Not everyday you see a hunter who's liking a challenging rotation

Deleted
    This argument never worked for Shamans and it never works here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    This is true, but you never know. There are a few SV Hunters who continuously top meters for their guilds now, and they're pretty hardcore guilds. Hopefully with the simplification of the spec in BfA, it should be a little better and perhaps more popular so guilds will notice it. But you never know! I'm casual so I'd be happy to play it.
    Even if it's amazing, guilds are still going to want the same balance of ranged to melee. Having one of your regular ranged randomly swap to melee is only useful if it's a fight that particularly favours melee.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Even if it's amazing, guilds are still going to want the same balance of ranged to melee. Having one of your regular ranged randomly swap to melee is only useful if it's a fight that particularly favours melee.
    What would SV Hunter do differently that denies it raid spots compared to Enhancement Shamans and Feral Druids?

Quote Originally Posted by Eej View Post
    What would SV Hunter do differently that denies it raid spots compared to Enhancement Shamans and Feral Druids?
    I think you missed the point of my post entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eej View Post
    I never understood that logic either. I raid in semi-hardcore guild, we were in top 50 in MoP and in top 100 all patches after that and we barely ever had a problem of choosing between melee and ranged. Always worked with what we had at the moment. We have a girl that play Enh all the time, I played feral on some prog fights too. And remember, this is top 100. You have enough fingers on your hands to count people on this forum that have that kind of experience. Now, I understand that you would want the best possible classes/specs even if you are beating last boss in pre-patch, but, at this point, you better enjoy the gameplay of your fav spec rather then "racing".

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    I never understood that logic either. I raid in semi-hardcore guild, we were in top 50 in MoP and in top 100 all patches after that and we barely ever had a problem of choosing between melee and ranged. Always worked with what we had at the moment. We have a girl that play Enh all the time, I played feral on some prog fights too. And remember, this is top 100. You have enough fingers on your hands to count people on this forum that have that kind of experience. Now, I understand that you would want the best possible classes/specs even if you are beating last boss in pre-patch, but, at this point, you better enjoy the gameplay of your fav spec rather then "racing".
    The problem is not playing Enh or Feral on progress. The problem playing Enh/Feral in one tier and then switching to Ele/Balance in another and then switching back to Enh/Feral. It throws the melee vs range composition of your raid group out of balance. This isn't necessarily a problem for a large guild with a good sized roster to pick and choose from, but for small guilds where you only have one or two people on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Trailblazer and Camo are actually useless in any real PvE enviroment. They just must be baked in all the specs. There is nothing OP about any of this skills, they are just too situational. I would trade trailblazer for passive 10-15% runspeed talens and camo to "reduce aspect of cheetah by 1-1.5min" talent or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    Trailblazer and Camo are actually useless in any real PvE enviroment. They just must be baked in all the specs. There is nothing OP about any of this skills, they are just too situational. I would trade trailblazer for passive 10-15% runspeed talens and camo to "reduce aspect of cheetah by 1-1.5min" talent or something.
    Not all talent rows are meant for raiding. Camo and Trailblazer are decent for world content. Camo can save you a lot of time when questing.

I wish Camo was baseline

Deleted
    If you are in a guild, chances are nobody cares what spec/class you play as long as the dps/healer/tank ratio is still intact.
    the top 0,x% don't matter.

In a raid enviroment where you clear HC and then some Mythic bosses, which is where, I'd assume, most people end up being (if not worse) it's hard to imagine that guilds exist that care about melee/range classes unless it's like 10melees vs 2 range already - which is extremely unlikely to happen.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-02-22 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I can't understand why they don't give BM Camo as well. It's ridiculous.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    If you are in a guild, chances are nobody cares what spec/class you play as long as the dps/healer/tank ratio is still intact.
    the top 0,x% don't matter.

In a raid enviroment where you clear HC and then some Mythic bosses, which is where, I'd assume, most people end up being (if not worse) it's hard to imagine that guilds exist that care about melee/range classes unless it's like 10melees vs 2 range already - which is extremely unlikely to happen.
    maybe if you're in some casual guild. most people probably don't want some hunter taking melee weapons and trinkets in bfa to play a melee spec every other boss.

Deleted
    maybe if you're in some casual guild. most people probably don't want some hunter taking melee weapons and trinkets in bfa to play a melee spec every other boss.
    no - not most.

Seriously, guilds that care about that shit are either top world/server, or pretentious garbage. Pick one.

In the end however, it doesn't matter whether Survival is melee or range in that guild - because if it has worse DPS than MM or whatever spec is fotm, you aren't supposed to play it anyway.

Picking another melee or quarrel about loot is so unimportant in the grand scheme, people like to make a big deal out of it when in reality it doesn't matter (for them).
    Loot envy - hell yeah, let's design classes with that in mind because people have problems growing up.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-02-22 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    no - not most.

Seriously, guilds that care about that shit are either top world/server, or pretentious garbage. Pick one.

In the end however, it doesn't matter whether Survival is melee or range in that guild - because if it has worse DPS than MM or whatever spec is fotm, you aren't supposed to play it anyway.

Picking another melee or quarrel about loot is so unimportant in the grand scheme, people like to make a big deal out of it when in reality it doesn't matter (for them).
    Loot envy - hell yeah, let's design classes with that in mind because people have problems growing up.
    lol whatever you say dude

I'm really disappointed that in the most recent alpha, the Primal Instincts talent for survival has been removed I was really looking forward to using that.
    Last edited by JoshuaNLG; 2018-02-23 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I'm really disappointed that in the most recent alpha, the Primal Instincts talent for survival has been removed I was really looking forward to using that.
    I was not surprised that it was removed, it was poorly designed and did not fit with the spec. Also having to use harpoon and disengage on cooldown for a buff is far from a good idea. You want to close the gap to an add that just spawned, too bad harpoon is on cooldown. An aoe ability is about to kill you, oh shit disengage is on cooldown your dead.

It was just Momentum from Demon Hunters

Unless SV is overtuned compared to BM/MM or has a very strong niche, it won't see play at Mythic raids level.

There will be regular weapon drops again, so Hunters soak the Ranged weapons and other physical classes get the melee weps.