Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People citing religion in support of circumcision are short-sighted. The whole point of religion was to improve the lives of people subscribed to that religion. Even practical matters like personal hygiene fall under what religion aimed to improve. These days we are very far from needing religious motivation to keep up with our personal hygiene. We have infinite warm running water. If your son's dick smells then teach him how to shower, don't cut off his foreskin for Jesus.

Deleted
    Luckily it's already banned in Finland, unless there is actually a medical reason for it. This goes for children, I'm not sure how they handle adults.
    Last edited by mmoc5d474861aa; 2018-02-20 at 04:05 PM.

I'm curious if those proposing the ban are doing so out of an anti-Jewish sentiment. That's literally the only reason I could even slightly justify people responding that way.

That said, if your religion requires you to do something to someone without their informed consent, that's not an argument in favor of the practice, that's an argument against your religion. Get back to me when you can legally execute someone for working on the wrong day or for not screaming loud enough when they're being raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If as a grown man want to have skin snipped off my penis then I should be able to get the skin snipped. The government has no business in my pant telling me I can or can not. It's an over reach.

They should ban all cosmetic surgery then too. No more boob or nose jobs.
    No one is saying to ban man from getting a circumcision. They are talking about children and babies. Perhaps learn how to read a post before getting indignant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Honest question: How many men have ever said, "You know, I really wish I hadn't been circumsized."?

They want to argue "informed consent", are they also banning the vaccination of children until 18? No informed consent there. What about banning feeding your child meat? After all, they didn't give their informed consent and make the choice whether they want to be vegetarian or vegan. Or gluten-free for that matter. So should we ban wheat from children as well? None of these things are reversible. You cannot go back in time and unvaccinate yourself or un-eat the meat.
    What harm do vaccines cause?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    what harm do vaccines cause?
    ermahgerd autism!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    Luckily it's already banned in Finland, unless there is actually a medical reason for it. This goes for children, I'm not sure how they handle adults.
    I'm finding a lot of conflicting information on where and whether it's actually banned--can you link to something that shows that?

15+ Year Old Account
    They look better cut. Fite me

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What harm do vaccines cause?
    What actual harm (outside of the random, rare medical complication that can happen due to an allergy or bad reaction to a vaccination) does the removal of some worthless skin cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That's fine, just don't make kids have to get them done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That's fine, just don't make kids have to get them done.
    I really doubt anybody would do it as an adult because it would probably hurt

Some people think they feel better uncut.* Fite some people.

*Including the penis owner--wasn't it started in the US as a way to reduce masturbation?

I really doubt anybody would do it as an adult because it would probably hurt
    So you're okay with hurting babies but adults can't handle it?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Any country that wants to be seen as civilized should ban it.
    Hater strikes again... For your info I think 75% of Americans are circumcised. This practice has no side effects but on top of it it is much cleaner. Circumcised penis helps for the hygiene, it doesn't smell bad like yours because it is open and helps to prevent some infection and fungi. Why would a civilized country put in a law that would force everyone to have a stinky penis like yours?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Some people think they feel better uncut.* Fite some people.

*Including the penis owner--wasn't it started in the US as a way to reduce masturbation?
    If i gotta touch it it better look nice. Also i hate the term "peel back" *shudders*

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize some people have to get a circumcision? What is wrong with it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If as a grown man want to have skin snipped off my penis then I should be able to get the skin snipped. The government has no business in my pant telling me I can or can not. It's an over reach.

They should ban all cosmetic surgery then too. No more boob or nose jobs.
    It specifically says for children

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So you're okay with hurting babies but adults can't handle it?
    What dude is just gonna say, "ya know what? I wanna cut my dick today!"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Hater strikes again... For your info I think 75% of Americans are circumcised. This practice has no side effects but on top of it it is much cleaner. Circumcised penis helps for the hygiene, it doesn't smell bad like yours because it is open and helps to prevent some infection and fungi. Why would a civilized country put in a law that would force everyone to have a stinky penis like yours?
    the invention of water and soap is alien to you then ?

What dude is just gotta say, "ya know what? I wanna cut my dick today!"
    That's literally not what I'm saying but thanks for ignoring my point again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Do you not know how to clean your dick?